BF4 stuttering, hardware problem?

my friend has problems playing BF4 on his pc, i think its a hardware problem but im not sure. friends pc stats:  i7 860 2.80GHz, 6Gb RAM, gtx 770, pcu: 600W. he doesent know more stats. its most stuttering and lag what he has. i do not have that problem so thats why i tought it could be a hardware problem,  and his drivers are up to date. if it is software please leave a comment, and if it really is a harware problem please do leave a comment aswell. 

Repair install BF4, check if ping is high...

My PC CPU: 2600K@4.5GHz 1.3v Cooler: Noctua NH-U12P SE2 MB: ASUS Maximus IV RAM: Kingston 1600MHz 8GB & Corsair 1600MHz 16GB GPU: 780Ti Storage: Samsung 850 Evo 500GB SSD, Samsung 830 256GB SSD, Kingston 128GB SSD, WD Black 1TB,WD Green 1TB. PSU: Corsair AX850 Case: CM HAF X. Optical drive: LG Bluray burner  MacBook Pro, Hackintosh

There was a new update i used to be able to run at ultra but now i can only play medium for some reason

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

he tryed repair installing nothing wrong. 

his settings:

ambient occlusion: HBAO

anti-aliasing diferred: 4xmsaa

anti-aliasing post: high

effects quality: medium

graphics quality: costume

lighting quality: ultra

mesh quality: meduim

post-process quality: ultra

terrain decoration: ultra

terrain quality: ultra

texture filtering: ultra

texture quality: high

he tryed repair installing nothing wrong. 

his settings:

ambient occlusion: HBAO

anti-aliasing diferred: 4xmsaa

anti-aliasing post: high

effects quality: medium

graphics quality: costume

lighting quality: ultra

mesh quality: meduim

post-process quality: ultra

terrain decoration: ultra

terrain quality: ultra

texture filtering: ultra

texture quality: high

Try lowering the AA, because, as far as I know, it increases Vram usage, and when BF4 runs out of video memory it goes to the harddrive D:!, since BF4 with max setting uses more than 2gigs of ram with max settings.

I had a Crossfire set-up of 2 7870 2Gb of video ram, it stuttered, not playable D:, I played during the beta with the 2 7870s with no problems BUT, the testing map was smaller than the regular maps and campaign maps.

But when I switched to my 7970 no stutter at all!, these come with 3Gb of Vram, so try that =D!

Main rig. Updated :D CPU: FX8350 @stock Cooler: Corsair h110 Motherboard: Ga-990fxa-ud5 Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 1866Mhz GPU: MSI GTX 970 SLI (blower cooler)  PSU: Cooler Master Silent pro 850w SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue Case: Thermaltake core V71 Fan controler: NZXT Sentry

Secondary PC: CPU: i5 4670k @stock Cooler: Thermaltake NIC L/31 Motherboard: Asus Z97I-PLUS Memory: Corsair Vengance 8Gigs 2133Mhz GPU: ZOTAC GTX 780 (Titan cooler) PSU: Antec 520m Pro SSD: Corsair Force GT 60Gb HDD: WD 500 Caviar blue & WD 2TB Green Case: Thermaltake core V1

look at the ram usage when i was using 4gb ram i was also getting alot of stuttering and stuff when i put another ram stick to 6gb then it went away

I play BF4 on my GTX 770 Lightning 2GB (331.82 driver) using the Extreme preset in the game with 4XAA and had no problems whit stuttering or lag, however it was very strange since MSI Afterburner shows 2.35GB VRAM being used. :D

Which Windows is your friend using on his PC? From what I've heard Windows 8/8.1 give around 7-12 fps more compared to Windows 7. 

CPU: AMD Ryzen 9 - 3900x @ 4.4GHz with a Custom Loop | MBO: ASUS Crosshair VI Extreme | RAM: 4x4GB Apacer 2666MHz overclocked to 3933MHz with OCZ Reaper HPC Heatsinks | GPU: PowerColor Red Devil 6900XT | SSDs: Intel 660P 512GB SSD and Intel 660P 1TB SSD | HDD: 2x WD Black 6TB and Seagate Backup Plus 8TB External Drive | PSU: Corsair RM1000i | Case: Cooler Master C700P Black Edition | Build Log: here

This could be a number of factors my recommendations are noted below.

1. Ensure your settings are not creating your issues. As such as a general test reduce the resolution to a very low resolution with medium settings ( 1024x768 ). If you are experiencing at this resolution and IQ setting then it would indicate other factors.

2. In our analysis we have seen interesting performance results with Windows 7 and Windows 8. We have found Windows 8 to provide a improvement not only in performance but in fluidity of gameplay. While i have not personally had issues under Windows 7 we have had other performance analysis team member feedback variance in gameplay experience.

3. You may want to consider disabling un needed services that could be impacting running processes such as BF4. If you are not sure of how to do this I would consider using an application like process lasso which is very good a optimzing a system for unfettered performance from various concurrently running applications or services.

Best of luck in resolving the issue!

There was a microsoft .NET framework update a few days ago that made my BF4 stutter.  

I know it seems like a strange cause, but when I restored, it ran smoothly again.  I don't remember specifically which update it was (I think it was KB2858725, but that could be wrong).  See if he's run any windows updates in the last couple of days, if the problem has come up recently and wasn't there before.  

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

He needs MOAR RAM. Ok, first time to do that... But seriously. I run BF4 with low-med 1080p and it uses 5.5gb of ram. With 6gigs its tight and when there's something more on screen result is lagging. I got rid of that thing in BF3 (I had 4gb, it uses 3.7gb) by booting pc just before going to gaming. He should also increase page file and move it to HDD if its on SSD. Have it be double what ram is.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

I've had a stuttering issue when I was using crossfire 7870's but other games I didn't. It was only in BF4 and never knew what was wrong. I switched graphical settings and nothing. Even happened on low.

BUT

I fixed it by just hitting the Auto option in graphical presets and my stuttering disappeared... I was so confused....

to be honest it could be a number of things. Though I would've thought the hardware would be fine.

make sure that any programmes running in the background are closed when he begins playing - as this may be using up a lot of your computers resources and thus less resources to devote to battlefield and that could be inducing the lag

Spoiler

Gaming/Engineering PC: -i7 6700K, 4-4.2GHz "Eleanor" -ASUS ROG HERO VIII MOBO -16GB DDR4 3000MHz Corsair (2x8GB) -Gigabyte Windforce 980Ti OC edition (1405MHz GPU clock) -H110i GT Corsair CPU Water cooler -980GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD -Corsair 450D ATX Case -RM850i Corsair PSU (Modular) -28” 4K Samsung -27” 1080p Samsung 

im rank 40 now, i do not have stuttering so maybe try some of these awnsers to, i think you prefere playing without stuttering. i do 

my friend tryed evrything and it actually worked, thx for the help guys!

Do you know which thing in particular worked, so we can refer future stuttering problems to this thread?

Isopropyl alcohol is all you need for cleaning CPU's and motherboard components.  No, you don't need [insert cleaning solution here].  -Source: PhD Student, Chemistry

Why overclockers should understand Load-Line Calibration.

ASUS Rampage IV Black Edition || i7 3930k @ 4.5 GHz || 32 GB Corsair Vengeance CL8 || ASUS GTX 780 DCuII || ASUS Xonar Essence STX || XFX PRO 1000W

he doesent know in particular, but qith what LoGiCalDrm said it could be the RAM. so i think closing the programs in the background helped quite a bit, like iWearKiltz said. and lowering the settings might help to. if its on recommended settings on for example GeForce Expirience it isnt alwais above 60 fps. check if its above that, also by big explosions. i changed up those settings aswell

Try lowering the AA, because, as far as I know, it increases Vram usage, and when BF4 runs out of video memory it goes to the harddrive D:!, since BF4 with max setting uses more than 2gigs of ram with max settings.

I had a Crossfire set-up of 2 7870 2Gb of video ram, it stuttered, not playable D:, I played during the beta with the 2 7870s with no problems BUT, the testing map was smaller than the regular maps and campaign maps.

But when I switched to my 7970 no stutter at all!, these come with 3Gb of Vram, so try that =D!

This^^

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

Okay, im having the same problems as this person was, tried everything, from unparking all my cores and putting my graphics on the lowest settings, on low everything at 1080p, im getting 120fps+ and about every 30 seconds it will drop to 20-30fps for about a second, then jump back up to 120fps. it hasnt always done this, because when i first got the game (couple weeks after it came out) it was fine. it is only bf4 im getting this problem. i assume after mantle it will smooth things out, atleast i'd hope as i have another 7970 on order. does the same thing when i have my triples running (5760x1080) 90fps, then dips to 20-30fps regardless of whats happening on the screen or around me.

Specs:

Fx-8350 @4.5ghz (48hr+ Small fft stable)

HD 7970 @ stock clocks (was oc'd but was told that might be the problem)

8gb Gskill Ripjaws @stock 1600.

@wilsonhill12, what about your page file (virtual memory)? Even though it may not seem like it, BF4 uses it and lot of it. I had 8gigs on my SSD and it did do some frame dropping and that annoying disable Aero popup thing. That stopped when I moved all of it to HDD and doubled it size. You should try it too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv