GTA IV with Oculus Rift and the Cyberith Virtualizer is next-gen

mgsstar

Here I am thinking my Oculus Rift is all I need, but then I see this new Cyberith Virtualizer playing Grand Theft Auto IV in virtual reality, mixed with the Nintendo Wii remote, and I'm getting excited about the true, next generation of gaming.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TRyOzyTta24

You need to see the video to understand what is being done, but in a written nutshell, Cybertith's Virtualizer is similar to that of the Virtuix Omni, where it's a treadmill you stand on, and then you walk 'in' the game. Oculus Rift is used for the visual side of things, and the Wii remote from Nintendo is used for the motion controls.

Source:http://www.tweaktown.com/news/34158/gta-iv-with-oculus-rift-and-the-cyberith-virtualizer-is-next-gen/index.html

This is pretty cool. But it would be pretty expensive to play using this imo. :(

Hello and Welcome to LTT Forum!

If you are a new member, please read the rules located in "Forum News and Info". Thanks!  :)

Linus Tech Tips Forum Code of Conduct           FAQ           Privacy Policy & Legal Disclaimer

Sweet video. nice find.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

wow that looks awesome with the sitting function i would rather that then omni also i would need a steering wheel in real life u drive with a steering wheel why wouldnt u in this i thought the whole point of VR was to be more realistic and life like anyway when i can get a steering wheel and do that ill be happy.

Competition before they're even released.. I smell VR exploding shortly fellows.

Heaven's Society - Like Anime? Check us Out Here!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------