TB is disconnecting

Techicolors

WOAH,

oh shit. ok

~New~  BoomBerryPi project !  ~New~

new build log : http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/533392-build-log-the-scrap-simulator-x/?p=7078757 (5 screen flight sim for 620$ CAD)LTT Web Challenge is back ! go here  :  http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/448184-ltt-web-challenge-3-v21/#entry601004

Admittedly my eyes became a little watery as he was listing the people he didn't want to leave behind. What a feeling of helplessness it must be knowing you are literally dying and have only 2-3 years to live.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Admittedly my eyes became a little watery as he was listing the people he didn't want to leave behind. What a feeling of helplessness it must be knowing you are literally dying and have only 2-3 years to live.

What he has is why they're saying 2-3 years on average, but he's projected to live way longer than that. Hopefully anyways.

What he has is why they're saying 2-3 years on average, but he's projected to live way longer than that. Hopefully anyways.

Yes, I know. His optimism has him believing he can outlive the 2-3 years given, and I hope he does.

Case: Corsair 4000D Airflow; Motherboard: MSI ZZ490 Gaming Edge; CPU: i7 10700K @ 5.1GHz; Cooler: Noctua NHD15S Chromax; RAM: Corsair LPX DDR4 32GB 3200MHz; Graphics Card: Asus RTX 3080 TUF; Power: EVGA SuperNova 750G2; Storage: 2 x Seagate Barracuda 1TB; Crucial M500 240GB & MX100 512GB; Keyboard: Logitech G710+; Mouse: Logitech G502; Headphones / Amp: HiFiMan Sundara Mayflower Objective 2; Monitor: Asus VG27AQ

Yes, I know. His optimism has him believing he can outlive the 2-3 years given, and I hope he does.

Nah I thought he said his doctor(s) expect him to live longer?

Nah I thought he said his doctor(s) expect him to live longer?

Doesn't mention doctors at all; says 2-3 years on average and he intends to "outlive that by a significant margin".

Doesn't mention doctors at all; says 2-3 years on average and he intends to "outlive that by a significant margin".

Yeah I remember him saying that when he was talking about his health and stuff, but I swear I remember him saying sometime after that, that his doctors expect him to outlive that average.

idk

Yeah I remember him saying that when he was talking about his health and stuff, but I swear I remember him saying sometime after that, that his doctors expect him to outlive that average.

idk

This SC audio is the most recent of anything, no? Just basing on what he said here; not in the past.

TB has always been a muddled personality to me, I personally don't like how reactionary how he about every little thing and don't believe he is a good influence on the pc landscape, but I also don't dislike him overall.

Overall I think he is most likely overreacting to everything as of right now, but I imagine that he is under a gigantic amount of stress coming from his health conditions so it is understandable.

Him not taking part in social media is probably for the best.

God I hope this man lives way longer than what they expect him to live. :(

Anyways, I'm for him quitting social media. It sucks, and so do most of its population. He doesn't need that kind of problem to deal with, especially with the illness he is fighting. It will just take more of his energy and time, and make his battle harder.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

idk

Considering he is one of the few people in this world that speaks truth to stupid, it will probably take him before that average.

The good die young, evil people live forever.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

TB has always been a muddled personality to me, I personally don't like how reactionary how he about every little thing and don't believe he is a good influence on the pc landscape, but I also don't dislike him overall.

I would like to see more expansion on this, particularly where you stated that you do not believe he is a good influence on the PC landscape. I personally think he's required for the PC landscape.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

This is my first time hearing about this guy but bravo for him for putting together something out there for fans rather than just disappearing. Also good for him for getting away from social media, I have no doubt in my mind it will make his remaining years more enjoyable.

-KuJoe

Personally I fully support his decision. I would hate to have everything I say and do in my professional life publicly debated like him and many others have to deal with. The guy literally cant win. If he engages, he has to deal with trolls/people telling him his opinion is wrong, if he doesn't engage, he is told he is selfish and doesn't appreciate his fans. I really feel sorry for anyone who is popular in this social media shit storm. It really must be horrible to have everything you say analysed to the point that it makes you ill...

I really hope TB lives as long as he can, I believe he is a massive positive in the PC world, but more than that over the years I have been watching him I have come to see he is an epic family man and an awesome friend to people. I think people really forget, behind the media we consume are people, people with emotions and feelings.

Fuck Reddit.

Rant over.

AMD 6800XT, Ryzen 7 5800X, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4, Corsair H100i, ROG Strix X570-ENZXT s340 Elite

Not really sure what to think of this. Definitely not a fan of TB (no offense, and I do pray that his cancer goes away again. He's just too presumptuous when referring to most technical ideas though), but I definitely don't like Reddit either (which is probably a factor in this case xD).

Previously Trogdor8freebird

5800x | Asus x570 Pro Wifi (barely enough for 64GB apparently given it's 2133 and still crashes sometimes) | 64GB DDR4 | 3070 Ti 8GB | Love that whole weeb shit

I would like to see more expansion on this, particularly where you stated that you do not believe he is a good influence on the PC landscape. I personally think he's required for the PC landscape.

Most of his "work" revolves around him bitching and ranting about minor things, getting involved in drama and re-enforcing the "pc-gamer = neckbeard" stereotype that we should be working against, not for. The man is /r/pcmasterrace incarnate

He is TERRIBLE for relations with people who don't already agree with his point a view, and I just find how he approaches things distasteful.

You guys are perfectly allowed to think otherwise, but that is my opinion after having watched some of his videos and the drama surrounding him constantly.

Welp. Not like this was very surprising or anything...

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Most of his "work" revolves around him bitching and ranting about minor things, getting involved in drama and re-enforcing the "pc-gamer = neckbeard" stereotype that we should be working against, not for. The man is /r/pcmasterrace incarnate

He is TERRIBLE for relations with people who don't already agree with his point a view, and I just find how he approaches things distasteful.

You guys are perfectly allowed to think otherwise, but that is my opinion after having watched some of his videos and the drama surrounding him constantly.

What kind of minor things? Personally I would like to see games move away from a 30FPS lock, not have texture bugs, and have an FoV slider if the game requires it(like an FPS style game). I do not see how he enforces the idea that PC gamers are "neckbeards" personally. I've watched some of his videos, and yes he is a PC channel and will joke around about "PC Master Race" but AFAIK that's only a joke. He openly states that PC is the superior platform to game on, and quite frankly, he is correct from my view.

Some of the drama surrounding him was caused by developers such as the devs for Guise of the Wolf that got all mad because he criticized their game after providing him with a review code. Same goes with another game, can't remember the title. They also got mad - and in fact, they both tried to have his channel taken down and I believe the devs for Guise of the Wolf were almost successful in doing so. Audio issues, texture issues, and gameplay issues are all valid concerns and criticisms to make about a game. To say that he's complaining about "minor things" is a bit of a stretch - even so, the little things count too.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

What kind of minor things? Personally I would like to see games move away from a 30FPS lock, not have texture bugs, and have an FoV slider if the game requires it(like an FPS style game). I do not see how he enforces the idea that PC gamers are "neckbeards" personally. I've watched some of his videos, and yes he is a PC channel and will joke around about "PC Master Race" but AFAIK that's only a joke. He openly states that PC is the superior platform to game on, and quite frankly, he is correct from my view.

Some of the drama surrounding him was caused by developers such as the devs for Guise of the Wolf that got all mad because he criticized their game after providing him with a review code. Same goes with another game, can't remember the title. They also got mad - and in fact, they both tried to have his channel taken down and I believe the devs for Guise of the Wolf were almost successful in doing so. Audio issues, texture issues, and gameplay issues are all valid concerns and criticisms to make about a game. To say that he's complaining about "minor things" is a bit of a stretch - even so, the little things count too.

The entire point of this thread is about him quitting social media, after having gotten pissed off and snarky about a reddit post suggesting he alter how he review F2P games like Warframe.

And lets not act like he is somehow the only defense we have against things like a 30 fps lock and bugs, the vast majority of the time other people find out about it before him, make a reddit thread about it and he just covers it. He rarely if ever is on the front lines on things, he just draws more attention to it.

The entire point of this thread is about him quitting social media, after having gotten pissed off and snarky about a reddit post suggesting he alter how he review F2P games like Warframe.

And lets not act like he is somehow the only defense we have against things like a 30 fps lock and bugs, the vast majority of the time other people find out about it before him, make a reddit thread about it and he just covers it. He rarely if ever is on the front lines on things, he just draws more attention to it.

So? hes still the one at the forefront, a reddit post of facts doesnt matter if nobody is there to read them

If TB can vocalise it to millions of people then he is important

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

Some of the drama surrounding him was caused by developers such as the devs for Guise of the Wolf that got all mad because he criticized their game after providing him with a review code

I really don't know what they thought it was gonna happen, that game was completely broken.

I really don't know what they thought it was gonna happen, that game was completely broken.

Oh I agree. A pattern that TB noticed was that smaller channels and websites were not part of the attack.