Confusing RAM problems

Doublei7

So, I have an AsRock G31M-S R2.0 motherboard ( ,which according to the AsRock webpage supports up to 8 GB of RAM, so I bought a set of 8 GB RAM (Kingston KVR900D2N6/4G),two of these, and when I install them screen stays black, if you say that the memory is not compatible, it is in the compability list ( http://www.asrock.com/mb/memory/G31M-S%20R2.0.pdf ), the other confusing thing is that I am running on an G31 intel chipset ( http://ark.intel.com/products/31913/Intel-82G31-Graphics-and-Memory-Controller ), which on the webpage claims to only supporting 4GB RAM "depending" on the memory type,also I contacted AsRock by email and they said that they tested it with the same memory/CPU (probably lying), I have cleared CMOS a lot of times, I have removed every single component from the motherboard, cleared the CMOS and it doesn't work.I am running on Windows 32-Bit for now but that shouldn't prevent it from booting.I have an Intel E2180 CPU and a nVIDIA GT 210,also in the processor page from intel it says that the base clock is 2.00 GHz, but mine shows 1.80.Please if you have any idea help me,if you need to know something else ask on the comments.Sorry for long post.Link to processor : http://ark.intel.com/products/31733/Intel-Pentium-Processor-E2180-1M-Cache-2_00-GHz-800-MHz-FSB .

Are you saying it doesn't Post?

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5
[Case] Fractal Design Define R4    [PSU] Corsair CX600M
[Storage] Kingston HyperX Fury 240GB, WD Caviar Blue 1TB   [OS] Windows 10

Spoiler

[CPU] Intel Core i5-6500 3.2GHz Quad-Core        [Motherboard] MSI B150 Gaming M3
[RAM] 8GB Kingston Black (1x8GB) DDR4-2133         [GPU] Radeon HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5

Yup, nothing from that helps, also my PC works with my 2GB RAM kit, and I don't think the RAM is defective becauese they are two separate dimms, and when I install one 1GB stick and one 4GB stick the 4GB stick is read as 2 mb by the bios.

Can you link me the Processor, MB and Ram you are having trouble with (I'm having trouble figuring out what is what in the paragraph you have). I'll check their compatibility.

Spoiler

Can you test the RAM in another system? Its sounding like a bad kit of RAM perhaps.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/HjJkVn

They have the right sockets and should be compatible based on what I have seen. If the old kit of RAM (1GBx2DIMM) Kit works, and using at least one of the old kit in the MB works, then It may be bad RAM. I'd test on a second system if possible.

Spoiler

For now I can't test on another system, and I don't think the RAM is bad because they are 2 separate Dimms and not one kit, I would have to be VERY unlucky to have them both broken. @PolosElite23

For now I can't test on another system, and I don't think the RAM is bad because they are 2 separate Dimms and not one kit, I would have to be VERY unlucky to have them both broken. @PolosElite23

Can you try one stick at a time?

Spoiler

I havr tried that a lot too, with both sticks, same results.

I havr tried that a lot too, with both sticks, same results.

And it posts if you have the 4G stick with a 1G stick?

Spoiler

Yes, but on windows only reads 1GB and on BIOS it reads the 4GB as 2MB.

Yes, but on windows only reads 1GB and on BIOS it reads the 4GB as 2MB.

Which makes me think that since the BIOS isn't reading the RAM correctly, the RAM may have some sort of problem with it. If it will not post with the sticks, and it isn't reading the size correctly, this brings into question if the DIMMs are good or not. I can't think of anything else beside these new DIMMs being bad. Which sucks. The best way to tell would be putting them in a different MB, but I can't think of anything else but bad RAM.

Spoiler

@PolosElite23, today I received my Q6600 installed it and it works with the old 2GB kit, then I wanted to try one 1GB stick, and one 4GB stick, which worked with a E2180,but didn't work now with the Q6600,any ideas?

Also I moved some jumpers on my mobo for better overclocking.

Also the AliExpress seller that I bought this from says that it is high density so it is AMD mobo only, got the money back tho.

SoUnds good. Glad to see its resolved.

Spoiler

What do you mean @PolosElite23?

Also the AliExpress seller that I bought this from says that it is high density so it is AMD mobo only, got the money back tho.

From what you stated, it seems like you figured out what was the cause of the problem. If I'm wrong please correct me. Based on that assumption, I was glad that you got your money back and it all has pretty much worked out in the end. Just need to find another kit of RAM I assume.

Spoiler