AMD FX-8350, fan super loud.

Hey guys I just got an AMD FX-8350, with a motherboard GA-990FXA-UD3... 

I just did a fresh installation of windows 7 64 bit. before doing the windows updates I was on youtube checking my email etc. That was last night... Before turning it on I did the windows updates. Now the CPU fan is super loud!! I download it Core Temp 1.0 RC5. Temperature Readings CPU #0 are at 19C to 25C... 

I've heard that you need a patch for the FX CPUS for windows or something like that... how do i get it? and is that what you guys think is causing the Fan to be super loud?? 

BTW this is the stock Fan. I'm planing on getting maybe a XSPC Raystorm Customizable RS360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ D5 Variant Pump 

Thanks. 

I just did a fresh installation of windows 7 64 bit. before doing the windows updates I was on youtube checking my email etc. That was last night... Before turning it on I did the windows updates. Now the CPU fan is super loud!! I download it Core Temp 1.0 RC5. Temperature Readings CPU #0 are at 19C to 25C... 

I've heard that you need a patch for the FX CPUS for windows or something like that... how do i get it? and is that what you guys think is causing the Fan to be super loud?? 

BTW this is the stock Fan. I'm planing on getting maybe a XSPC Raystorm Customizable RS360 Universal CPU Water Cooling Kit w/ D5 Variant Pump 

Thanks. 

lol go in your bios for temp and fan speed issues, thats really low for an 8350 on a stock cooler it could be another fan in your system but if your sure then its not the windows 7 bulldozer architecture fix you need (although that may help with performance) it doesnt make a difference in fan speed or temps directly.  go in your bios, and look for cpu fan speed assuming you plugged the fan into the cpu header on the board and turn it down to normal or silent or manually change the pwm values.

The temperature sensors are inaccurate. Don't rely on them for serious temperature readings. Also, the patches do not affect fan speeds. It affects how Windows sees the cores in the FX chips.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

lol go in your bios for temp and fan speed issues, thats really low for an 8350 on a stock cooler it could be another fan in your system but if your sure then its not the windows 7 bulldozer architecture fix you need (although that may help with performance) it doesnt make a difference in fan speed or temps directly.  go in your bios, and look for cpu fan speed assuming you plugged the fan into the cpu header on the board and turn it down to normal or silent or manually change the pwm values.

I did update the BIOS. when back to them and did a Optimized Defaults... I"ll reboot and check again... And the only Fan plugged in is the CPU fan... I have the motherboard just on top of the  motherboard box... LOL 

All I gotta say is that those stock fans are loud anyway.  I had to buy a aftermarket cooler sooner than I planned, because my computer sounded like a jet fighter was about to take off in my room.

Yes the stock cooler is very loud but I have that same CPU and I do not see those temps even with my liquid cooler. I suppose it all depends on when you take them.

First go into the bios, look at the fan speed, if its running at max RPM, then you might have it plugged into the wrong header on the board?

If you have it on the right header and its running at max RPM then look at the fan control in the bios. See if Cool n Quiet doesnt make difference.

If its on the right header, and your RPM reflects your temps correctly, then the only thing I can think of is looking at the fan to make sure the plastic has no defects and that there is no packaging foam in the works, and the fan isnt hitting anything while running.

If all else fails, you might need to return it, if its really that loud, or buy a different cooler. Personally I recommend Zalman products if you want quiet, but I am sure most people have their go to brands.

The posts I make may contain my personal views, opinions that are based on my experience. You are allowed to disagree.

Yes the stock cooler is very loud but I have that same CPU and I do not see those temps even with my liquid cooler. I suppose it all depends on when you take them.

I just said why in my post.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

Yes I can read bro, I was confirming that those temps cant be correct.

The posts I make may contain my personal views, opinions that are based on my experience. You are allowed to disagree.

So Core temp is wrong I guess. Just check in the BIOS and its telling me the temps are in the low 40s C.

I change the settings from on the cpu fan from auto to silent... its running at like 4000rmp!!! But still the same.

Idk just going to try and reformat and install windows again. I'm installing from a USB to a SSD. So it shouldn't take a long time. Lol

You can also invest in a hardware fan controller. You can get simple ones that cost $10.

Your fan curves are propably at 100%, that have happened for me many times when i fail at OC or something like that, you should be able to change your curves trough that software which came whit your MoBo. :)

I have a similar issue with my upgrade from Athlon to phenom, my fans were whisper quiet before the change then they ramped up to full speed, now I am using the low noise adapter that came with my fans, which I don't really like, I would love to here your solution, maybe it will help me out in my new found issue.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Your fan curves are propably at 100%, that have happened for me many times when i fail at OC or something like that, you should be able to change your curves trough that software which came whit your MoBo. :)

Okay so I guess that yesterday, with the TV on and everything i really didn't pay attention to the CPU Fan, and today i tough it was supper loud.

When to the Bios change settings from on the cpu fan from auto to silent. also used the EasyTune6 to control the fan. It's running at about 2500RPS now! better than the almost jet 4000RPS! 

I had an i5 3570k sold the computer. Decided to do AMD for the 1st time, Not liking this motherboard. It also don't have like the OC one button thing... =/ grr i hope i made a right decision...I have 10days to return all this stuff. LOL 

I have a similar issue with my upgrade from Athlon to phenom, my fans were whisper quiet before the change then they ramped up to full speed, now I am using the low noise adapter that came with my fans, which I don't really like, I would love to here your solution, maybe it will help me out in my new found issue.

Maybe for you it is cause of heat. the Phenom CPUs runner hotter than the Athlons I think... 

i have 8350 and i am running it with stock fan too on full rpm 6000 

and its loud but its more loud when i run ubuntu its crazy :P and i don't know why i am gonna change my cooler soon i think u should too  

CPU: Fx 8350 | CPU Cooler: Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo Now  AMD STOCK CPU COOLER | Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-970A-DS3 (rev 1.1)   NOW MSI 990FXA-GD80 | Ram: Corsair Vengence 8GB DDR3 Motherboard detects 7gb for some weird reason | Graphics Card: SAPPHIRE HD 7870 GHz Edition 2GB GDDR5 |  HDD: 1 TB samsung 

Case: CM elite 310 | Monitor: Aoc e2050S

OS: Windows 8 Professional 64 Bit NOW  Wndows 10 Professional 64 Bit

Power Supply: Cooler Master Thunder 500W NOW GX 650W v2

I did update the BIOS. when back to them and did a Optimized Defaults... I"ll reboot and check again... And the only Fan plugged in is the CPU fan... I have the motherboard just on top of the  motherboard box... LOL 

in your bios under pc health status you can adjust the rpm of the fan, do taht

Maybe for you it is cause of heat. the Phenom CPUs runner hotter than the Athlons I think... 

I don't have a stock cooler I have a coolermaster 212 evo with noctua nf-f12  and they used to run a 600RPM without the low-noise adapter and now they need it, I have done some cable management to make it look acceptable with the low-noise adapter and the fan splitter, but I am really curious as to why i cant get it back, oh well glad your problem has been handled.

Why do you always die right after I fix you?

Why did you sell a 3570k!!! In gaming its just as good!!

Main Gaming PC - i9 10850k @ 5GHz - EVGA XC Ultra 2080ti with Heatkiller 4 - Asrock Z490 Taichi - Corsair H115i - 32GB GSkill Ripjaws V 3600 CL16 OC'd to 3733 - HX850i - Samsung NVME 256GB SSD - Samsung 3.2TB PCIe 8x Enterprise NVMe - Toshiba 3TB 7200RPM HD - Lian Li Air

Proxmox Server - i7 8700k @ 4.5Ghz - 32GB EVGA 3000 CL15 OC'd to 3200 - Asus Strix Z370-E Gaming - Oracle F80 800GB Enterprise SSD, LSI SAS running 3 4TB and 2 6TB (Both Raid Z0), Samsung 840Pro 120GB - Phanteks Enthoo Pro

Super Server - i9 7980Xe @ 4.5GHz - 64GB 3200MHz Cl16 - Asrock X299 Professional - Nvidia Telsa K20 -Sandisk 512GB Enterprise SATA SSD, 128GB Seagate SATA SSD, 1.5TB WD Green (Over 9 years of power on time) - Phanteks Enthoo Pro 2

Laptop - 2019 Macbook Pro 16" - i7 - 16GB - 512GB - 5500M 8GB - Thermal Pads and Graphite Tape modded

Smart Phones - iPhone X - 64GB, AT&T, iOS 13.3 iPhone 6 : 16gb, AT&T, iOS 12 iPhone 4 : 16gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 7.1.1 Jailbroken. iPhone 3G : 8gb, AT&T Go Phone, iOS 4.2.1 Jailbroken.

Stock coolers are just loud. I had to change my CPU cooler sooner rather than later, only becasue I got sick off having my own private airport in my room.

CPU: AMD FX-8350 | CPU Cooler: Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk | GPU: MSI TF3 7970 BE | Motherboard: M5A99FX-Pro-Rev 2.0 | RAM: Corsair Vengence LP 8GB (2x4) | PSU: Xigmatek Vector G 750W 80+ GOLD | Case: Thermaltake A71 | Storage: Seagate 1TB + WD 650GB

I own an FX 8320 which comes with the same 125W stock cooler as the FX 8350, the fan is not very audible when the CPU is idling.
However, benchmarking or gaming does tend to drive the RPM of the fan all the way up to 5000+ and it does get obnoxiously loud.
You can go into the BIOS & set your own custom fan curve to reduce noise, however your best option would be to upgrade the stock cooler not only for better noise levels but to take advantage of the overclocking capability of the FX 8350.

In the mean-time your best bet is to tweak the CPU fan settings in the BIOS.

The windows FX patches only prioritize workloads to minimize resource sharing between the cores in the same module, they do this by loading one core per module in any given multi-core workload so instead of loading core 0,1,2 & 3 the patch would force the OS to load core 0,2,4 & 6.

You can find the patches here :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2646060
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2645594

I hope this helps.