Windows 10: If you're worried about your privacy - this is by far the best video

Eh, it's decent.  Just not using Windows in the first place is still the best solution.  Though I did like how he found out certain programs just ignore the user's settings.  This is what happens when you use proprietary software.  It makes you think what else is ignoring your inputs.  You don't control the software, it controls you.

This is a bad video. He exaggerates, and provides some miss information.

Also, the software he uses does nothing more than going to Settings -> Privacy and disable everything, and its buggy, and it acts like additional protection when it isn't.

This is Barnacules worst video. I like the guy, but when it comes to Microsoft every time, no matter the topic, you can see that he didn't get over being laidoff, and has this hate towards them.

This is a bad video. He exaggerates, and provides some miss information.

Also, the software he uses does nothing more than going to Settings -> Privacy and disable everything, and its buggy, and it acts like additional protection when it isn't.

This is Barnacules worst video. I like the guy, but when it comes to Microsoft every time, no matter the topic, you can see that he didn't get over being laidoff, and has this hate towards them.

What misinformation? 

Also, no, the pogram does quite a bit more.  I booted up a VM to take a look at it.

• Edits hosts files for a range of IPs.  Telemetry, Bing, Office, etc.
  • Uses Group Policy to disable Cortana,  web search, Telemetry, AIT, CEIP, etc.
  • Edits registry to again remove Telemetry, WiFi Sense, advertising ID, OneDrive, etc.

So it actually does do more than just going into Settings > Privacy.  I believe people should definitely be concerned when a big company like Microsoft has any type of access to your data.  I personally do not believe he was exaggerating, but even if he was, this is a very serious subject.

I haven't watched the video, but I think that to really block MS telemetry, MS' telemetry servers need to be added to a person's router for blocking. Blocking them in Windows won't work because Windows 10 ignores instructions to block them.

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Also, no, the pogram does quite a bit more.  I booted up a VM to take a look at it.

• Edits hosts files for a range of IPs.  Telemetry, Bing, Office, etc.
  • Uses Group Policy to disable Cortana,  web search, Telemetry, AIT, CEIP, etc.
  • Edits registry to again remove Telemetry, WiFi Sense, advertising ID, OneDrive, etc.
Nha. It affects all accounts. Basically. That is the real difference. Yay.

So it actually does do more than just going into Settings > Privacy.  I believe people should definitely be concerned when a big company like Microsoft has any type of access to your data.  I personally do not believe he was exaggerating, but even if he was, this is a very serious subject.

ANY company should be a concern. That is why there is a privacy policy, which I encourage everyone to read, and get the actual fact, and not what other says, which are usually segments of a paragraph, out of context, to spread something to complain about on Windows. Because, lets' face it, name me 1 version of Windows that wasn't bashed by people for something.

On a side note, I like how, in the video, he makes it sounds like he is a privacy concerned people, yet uses Bing (even if it was Google), Chrome, and he also uses or used (I forgot if he switch to an iPhone) Android, which is like the worst in privacy. At least suggest Firefox, and services like Duck Duck Go and such.

I haven't watched the video, but I think that to really block MS telemetry, MS' telemetry servers need to be added to a person's router for blocking. Blocking them in Windows won't work because Windows 10 ignores instructions to block them.

That is true. It is all coded well inside the OS. You cannot disable telemetry data collecting, you need to do it via hardware firewall (well your router, for a home/small office setup)

I think that the Microsoft Privacy Statement is a primary source for people's concerns regarding Microsoft and privacy.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/privacystatement/

It is open-ended, without limitations, and the only thing to assure people of no misuse is the big, ruthless, deceptive and manipulative coorpration's word of no intent at this time to use personal data for all of the things people have concerns regarding. Sort of like a pedophile saying they don't intend to abuse your child they're babysitting, or a bank robber saying they will carry your money to the bank for you without intent to steal it. MS just isn't a trustworthy source to represent itself in this regard, and neither is a person typically a valid reference for their own trust-worthiness, so the situation is counter-intuitive in its logic. And I can't think of another source who we make this kind of exception for. I don't think Google is an equal example, and regardless, I think such cases should be disallowed.

Although MS does state they will hand over data to law enforcement in coordination with investigations, as is their legal obligation once they become privy to illegal activity (which could become for contentious things such as pro-democratic protests, or growing marijuana, if a nation's law grants a government powers to prevent such things).

You own the software that you purchase - Understanding software licenses and EULAs

"We’ll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the american public believes is false" - William Casey, CIA Director 1981-1987

Nha. It affects all accounts. Basically. That is the real difference. Yay.

ANY company should be a concern. That is why there is a privacy policy, which I encourage everyone to read, and get the actual fact, and not what other says, which are usually segments of a paragraph, out of context, to spread something to complain about on Windows. Because, lets' face it, name me 1 version of Windows that wasn't bashed by people for something.

On a side note, I like how, in the video, he makes it sounds like he is a privacy concerned people, yet uses Bing (even if it was Google), Chrome, and he also uses or used (I forgot if he switch to an iPhone) Android, which is like the worst in privacy. At least suggest Firefox, and services like Duck Duck Go and such.

I complain about every version of Windows, because it is not FLOSS.  I didn't say he wasn't a hypocrite either, I am assuming he made this video just because this is a hot topic.  The fact still remains that any Windows version post PRISM isn't trustworthy, and you can never be sure if your user settings are being carried out like they should.  (like with Edge browser ignoring the redirect for bing.com)

Personally I would not suggest Firefox, due to some ethical issues in-house, and there was something about DDG that tickled me wrong.  I think it was about the owner, I don't remember.  I would suggest to use either Pale Moon or GNU IceCat, and startpage.com, ixquick.com, or searx.me.