NH-D15 and a mid tower case

Eeglis

How has Noctua NH-D15 fit your mid tower cases?
It'd be great if anyone could give advices with Silencio 550 and NH-D15. Experiencecs with said cooler?

no idea what to put here

How has Noctua NH-D15 fit your mid tower cases?

It'd be great if anyone could give advices with Silencio 550 and NH-D15. Experiencecs with said cooler?

NH-D15 fits in my N300 Cooler Master. My 4790k @ 1.23v hits 4.7GHz after a 48hr AIDA64 test and hovers at 68 degrees.

However, make sure you have sufficient airflow in your case. Don't toss in a super long GPU and expect wonders.

NH-D15 fits in my N300 Cooler Master. My 4790k @ 1.23v hits 4.7GHz after a 48hr AIDA64 test and hovers at 68 degrees.

However, make sure you have sufficient airflow in your case. Don't toss in a super long GPU and expect wonders.

I do have a Asus GTX 970 Strix currently, which IS fairly long card. And I just checked that said cooler is 1cm too tall for my case, BUT my side panel has silencing foam, which MIGHT give in just enough.

no idea what to put here

It's not that hard to check the specs of each part you know.

Silencio 550 max CPU cooler height: 154mm

NH-D15 height (w/ fan): 165mm

It will not fit.

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

Noctua spec says height with fans is 165mm and without is 160mm but that's not entirely true, it depends on how you mount the fans. The fan in the center when mounted all the way down (normally how it is) the height is still 160mm. It's when you put the fan on the front with RAM then it's 165mm+ but if you mount it on the back and clears your I/O then it can still be 160mm with both fans. So if the case only has room for a 160mm and your rear I/O clears with the fan in the back then your good.

Mein Führer... I CAN WALK !!

I do have a Asus GTX 970 Strix currently, which IS fairly long card. And I just checked that said cooler is 1cm too tall for my case, BUT my side panel has silencing foam, which MIGHT give in just enough.

Perhaps you can lower the fans sufficiently if you're mounting it vertically. That would give you just barely enough clearance, but check to make sure it doesn't interfere with your GPU.