(US I Assume) Best Buy In Store only 48.5" TV $150

Bit8xPr0

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/toshiba-49-class-48-5-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/7437034.p?id=1219682850718&skuId=7437034

I don't know how bad input lag is for desktop use but that's super cheap for a "flattish" tv :o

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

"A 9 ms response time for refreshing the picture helps reduce blurring during fast-motion scenes."

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

"A 9 ms response time for refreshing the picture helps reduce blurring during fast-motion scenes."

So about 4ms more then like an IPS displays standard, shouldn't be too bad? Could be cool for Racing, I mean a similar one with lower response time is wicked expensive.

i5 4590 @ Stock, XFX R9 290!, HyperX Beast 4x8GB  @1600, 850 EVO 120gb, WD Caviar Blue 1TB, , Asrock H97m Pro 4 , Fractal Design Define R4, Windows 10

Not bad gift for grandma. Posted this before on my fb lol. Seen this before on the leaked ads couple weeks back.

ROG X570-F Strix AMD R9 5900X | EK Elite 360 | EVGA 3080 FTW3 Ultra | G.Skill Trident Z Neo 64gb | Samsung 980 PRO 
ROG Strix XG349C Corsair 4000 | Bose C5 | ROG Swift PG279Q

Logitech G810 Orion Sennheiser HD 518 |  Logitech 502 Hero

I'm familiar with the quality of a high end 49/50 inch tv and I'm familiar with the price. I have one.

Basing that comparison solely on the Toshiba's regular price, I don't think it would be a tv worth having even at $150. I'd rather spend more of my money on a better product.

I was actually going to go camp out later today for this lol. That reminds me. Probably should get ready.

just got back with one, and i love it.

Nothing to see here, move along

just got back with one, and i love it.

how... I drove to Nampa and they sold out 1/3rd through the line.

how... I drove to Nampa and they sold out 1/3rd through the line.

i went to logan, ut, and i was there at 10:30am got ticket 10/15 30min later and i would have waited for nothing. i hear twin falls had 40 tickets, but they had a line of 40 before 10am.

i went to logan, ut, and i was there at 10:30am got ticket 10/15 30min later and i would have waited for nothing. i hear twin falls had 40 tickets, but they had a line of 40 before 10am.

Ayy I'm from Utah ;)

So about 4ms more then like an IPS displays standard, shouldn't be too bad? Could be cool for Racing, I mean a similar one with lower response time is wicked expensive.

response time is not input lag, they are totally different.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

response time is not input lag, they are totally different.

figured

figured

Yeah, response times are typically from 1 ms to 5 ms for displays (not sure for TVs) and is a measure (though a very imperfect and untrustworthy one) of how much motion blur the screen will exhibit.  Manufacturers love to tote this around, especially when they can claim 1 ms GTG

Input lag is the time in ms between the signal hitting the screen-end of the cable and the image actually being displayed on the screen.  This number is rarely if ever published but there are places that test different displays.  Most TVs are in the 20 - 30 ms range I believe.  16 ms (ie one frame at 60 fps) is typically the lowest you'll find, while some particularly bad TVs are well over 50 in some cases.  I'm not as familiar with the typical numbers for computer displays but they are usually in the 10 ms range give or take I think.

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

Ayy I'm from Utah ;)

and? what exactly?

and? what exactly?

Just saying fam

Input lag is the time in ms between the signal hitting the screen-end of the cable and the image actually being displayed on the screen.  This number is rarely if ever published but there are places that test different displays.  Most TVs are in the 20 - 30 ms range I believe.  16 ms (ie one frame at 60 fps) is typically the lowest you'll find, while some particularly bad TVs are well over 50 in some cases.  I'm not as familiar with the typical numbers for computer displays but they are usually in the 10 ms range give or take I think.

And this is what "Game Mode" reduces, correct?

My TV has a such a mode, and I've been using it. The menu system's description isn't very specific. Perhaps their choice of phrasing is intentionally vague. It reads, verbatim, "Accelerate speed of video games running from game console connected to TV. There may be a slight degradation in graphic quality."  It is an ON/OFF setting. 

I've had Game Mode enabled for over a week, and I haven't noticed a degradation in graphics/picture quality.  But I also haven't noticed an improvement in input lag. However, that could simply mean that my eyes aren't well-trained enough to notice. 

And this is what "Game Mode" reduces, correct?

My TV has a such a mode, and I've been using it. The menu system's description isn't very specific. Perhaps their choice of phrasing is intentionally vague. It reads, verbatim, "Accelerate speed of video games running from game console connected to TV. There may be a slight degradation in graphic quality."  It is an ON/OFF setting. 

I've had Game Mode enabled for over a week, and I haven't noticed a degradation in graphics/picture quality.  But I also haven't noticed an improvement in input lag. However, that could simply mean that my eyes aren't well-trained enough to notice. 

Yes, most if not all TVs offer a game mode of some sort that causes it to do less signal processing, which will disable various features the TV might have for making the image and/or motion look better in exchange for getting the image out to the display faster.  As far as I know every site that tests and reports input lag numbers tests in this mode though since it is assumed that you will be using it when gaming (for the reasons you mentioned), since you aren't likely to notice a big difference in quality, and the lag will matter more regardless.

If you have a TV that's already pretty fast even in "normal" modes, you may not see a difference with your "naked eye", but you might feel it in certain games, and if you check the lag with any kind of measuring device, it will almost certainly show up.  This can be done in a number of ways.  The simplest is to have a counter with ms showing running on a laptop with that screen cloned to the TV.  Film it (even at 60 or 30 fps should do it), or even just take a picture, and check the difference.  This is of course how much slower the TV is than the laptop, and not it's true lag, but it's better than nothing.

The problem with these kinds of things is they are bait deals.  Both Wal-Mart and Best Buy had a $150 40+ 1080p TV.  Problem is they intentionally only send like 3-10 to each store.  People see this deal and rush in but unless youre gonna camp out like hours before hand, there's no chance of buying it.  They use these to get you in the store then once your there "Oh sorry we sold out of that item but we have this $199 1080p HDTV over here on sale" thats some no name brand.  

They take a loss on a few TVs to sell a BUNCH of no-name TVs that they can make a small profit on.

This is a documented Black Friday tactic.  You can rarely count on getting advertised big box items on Black Friday without camping out. 

Just saying fam

ok, i was just curious as to a reason.