im i getting a good deal

slipperymoss

i'm buying a R9 290 for 160$ i'm i getting a good deal what should i look at when he is testing it? to prevent me getting scamed??

• Resolution
  • FPS
  • Physical damage to the card
  • Temps
  • If its been overclocked or tampered with 

If you can ask him to run a 3D Mark Firestrike test, If he agrees 

the score should be similar to this http://www.3dmark.com/fs/1467959

Sir, I think your are being done from the back...

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

does it artifact, of not AMAZING deal

was it used for bitcoin mining?

CPU: A8-5600K GPU: MSI RX 480 GAMING X 4GB MOBO: ASUS A55BM-PLUS 

RAM: 2x 4GB Samsung DDR3-1600 1.25V PSU: Corsair CX430 CASE: Enermax Ostrog Windowed STORAGE: PNY CS1111 120GB / Hitachi 1TB 7200RPM OS: Windows 10 Pro & macOS Sierra 10.12.3

he said he has had it for a year and it is in good shape and it is being used for 1080p gaming his asking was 200 but i talked him down he said i can do what ever teast i want to do

The deal seems a bit sketchy. I mean that's half of what the card should go for. It seems a little too good to be true, which tells me it is.

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

The deal seems a bit sketchy. I mean that's half of what the card should go for. It seems a little too good to be true, which tells me it is.

ill run the firestrike test anyorthere i shold run

What?  You can buy a new 290 for $200 right now.  I think we need to know what card he is looking at exactly.

What?  You can buy a new 290 for $200 right now.  I think we need to know what card he is looking at exactly.

Never mind, I was seeing $300

Don't do drugs. Do hugs!

i'm buying a R9 290 for 160$ i'm i getting a good deal what should i look at when he is testing it? to prevent me getting scamed??

First of all DO NOT buy a reference r9 290. They sound like a jet engine.

Now that thats out of the way,

Look out for this :

Artifacts, Overclocking , mining, use (24/7 is a no go) and ask why the seller is selling if used

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

Sir, I think your are being done from the back...

Those 3dmark scores dont look right. They are equal, if not better than my over clocked 290x at 1130mhz core, 1400 memory

AMD Ryzen R7 1700 (3.8ghz) w/ NH-D14, EVGA RTX 2080 XC (stock), 4*4GB DDR4 3000MT/s RAM, Gigabyte AB350-Gaming-3 MB, CX750M PSU, 1.5TB SDD + 7TB HDD, Phanteks enthoo pro case

so i bought it for 160 ran 3 3dmark test all yaled around the same score its quite a loud gpu but for 160 i can not complane he alos gave me a free inland 750 watt psu im only using it for  week then going for a 750 watt evga psu thanks for the help guys