Adding a CMS blog to existing website

I want to keep my existing html/css website and just add a section for a blog. How would I do this? Researching it seems that I need to start over using wordpress, is there a way around that?

I want to keep my existing html/css website and just add a section for a blog. How would I do this? Researching it seems that I need to start over using wordpress, is there a way around that?

AFAIK, nope.

since a CMS itself is the core(unless you made your website somehow compatible with wordpress plugins).

You need to do it over and just migrate content into wordpress.

It's not that hard really. you can probably finish it in a few hours

edit: or you can use google sites, lol If you're really just into blogging google sites is a friendlier and faster way to go

|CPU: Intel i7-5960X @ 4.4ghz|MoBo: Asus Rampage V|RAM: 64GB Corsair Dominator Platinum|GPU:2-way SLI Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980's|SSD:512GB Samsung 850 pro|HDD: 2TB WD Black|PSU: Corsair AX1200i|COOLING: NZXT Kraken x61|SOUNDCARD: Creative SBX ZxR|  ^_^  Planned Bedroom Build: Red Phantom [quadro is stuck in customs, still trying to find a cheaper way to buy a highend xeon]

Well I guess I'll just make html pages for everything lol

• 3 weeks later...

Well, rebuilding the whole website is an option but not the most efficient. You could actually create a sub-domain. For example if your website is lcoated at www.xyz.com you could easily create the subdomain www.blog.xyz.com and then build the blog there.

The only reason that you may want to avoid using the subdomain solution is that the SEO, has a chance of being affected.

Well, rebuilding the whole website is an option but not the most efficient. You could actually create a sub-domain. For example if your website is lcoated at www.xyz.com you could easily create the subdomain www.blog.xyz.com and then build the blog there.

The only reason that you may want to avoid using the subdomain solution is that the SEO, has a chance of being affected.

You can also install Wordpress in a child directory. Ie, xyz.com/blog/