What's the chances..

If I were to water cool, what are the chances of a failure happening to the point of water spilling in my pc then shocking everything

Spoiler

[CPU] - Intel Core i5-4590  

[Motherboard] - MSI B85-G43 GAMING 

[RAM] - Kingston HyperX Beast (2x4GB) 1866Mhz... CPU only supports 1600Mhz

[SSD] - A-Data SP600 128GB SSD

[HDD]- 1Tb Seagate Barracuda

[GPU] - EVGA GTX 1060 6GB SSC

[Case] - Corsair SPEC-03 White 

[PSU] - Rosewill 450W 80+Bronze

If you bought a pre-made one? Like 1%

If you made a custom loop? That's all on you. You usually test them before putting the core components in though,

Quote my post if you need me to respond.

If I were to water cool, what are the chances of a failure happening to the point of water spilling in my pc then shocking everything

Would you be using an AIO liquid cooler or would you be creating your own water cooling loop?

If the former, then as long as you're sensible with it chances are that you won't experience any problems. If you make a custom loop your chances of failure are probably slightly greater but your chances of something going horribly wrong when something does go wrong are better.

Sig under construction.

The chance of any loop leaking? It's very small, but it's there. The likelihood it'll explode water everywhere and kill every single part? Very, very, very low.

I am conducting some polls regarding your opinion of large technology companies. I would appreciate your response. 

Microsoft Apple Valve Google Facebook Oculus HTC AMD Intel Nvidia

I'm using this data to judge this site's biases so people can post in a more objective way.

AIO coolers leak very rarely. but if you go custom loop it's all on how you build it. tough if you put some effort into building the loop you should absolutely be fine!

be sure to watch jayztwocent's vids on watercooling before deciding what to do. that guy really knows what he's talking about. (eventough he might be a bit biased sometimes)

AIO coolers leak very rarely. tough if you go custom loop it;s all on how you build it. tough if you put some effort into building the loop you should absolutely be fine!

be sure to watch jayztwocent's vids on watercooling before deciding what to do. that guy really knows what he's talking about. (eventough he might be a bit biased sometimes)

I agree with this. And I don't think that he's particularly biased. He does have a lot of experience and I guess he might be biased towards companies he has been using products  from for ages but I think that he's generally pretty fair.

Sig under construction.

a sealed aio is like 0.0001% chance of leaking, unless you physically damage it

an "expandable" aio like a H220x/240x or something like it has a higher  chance

a custom loop depends on how careful you are when building it and what quality parts you use

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Been watercooling for over a year and still no issues or damaged parts here. Just take your time and double check everything, ALWAYS LEAK TEST FOR 12HRS OR MORE.

The reason for this is rotary fittings or other can have a slow weeping leak, test inside your system too, I see people who test outside their case then they have to dismantle the loop and redo it which disturbs all the fittings etc so how will you know its safe? lol.

Spoiler

Chernobyl

AMD FX8350 @ 5GHz | Asus Sabretooth 990FX R2 | 16GB HyperX Savage @1950mhz CL9 | 120GB Kingston SSDNow

EK AMD LTX CSQ | XSPC D5 Dual Bay | Alphacool NexXxoS XT45 240mm & Coolgate Triple HD360

Spoiler

Kraken

Intel i5 4670K Bare Die 4.9GHz | ASUS Maximus VII Ranger Z97 | 16GB HyperX Savage 2400MHz | Samsung EVO 250GB

EK Supremecy EVO & EK-MOSFET M7G  | Dual 360mm Rads | Primochill CTR Phase II w/D5 | MSI GTX970 1670MHz/8000MHz

Graphic Design Student & Overall Nerd