My very first self-made case ! ( need help at planing ^^'')

Frownwarrior

Hey guys 

I'm planing my very first case. and I tried some sketches to help me building it.

now I got a problem with the motherboard I/O and I'm hopping that someone in here has a good tip. 

If I would "build" it as it is drown right now, the radiator would block the I/O. so what would be the best way to get around it ?

the goal of the case is :

- be small as possible

- slim as possible (should be as slim as the front radiator (420)

- be easy to carry

- should look like a masterpiece (the side panel will be designed later)

- use as many parts as possible (the hardware I already have should be reuse) 

- water cooled

I uploaded some pictures of the sketch.

NOT ALL THE HARDWARE I OWN !

GPU: I have a 780 but i think the size is the same as the 680 model I found.

PSU: I have a regular sized PSU but maybe I will change it for a SFX(-L)

AIO: At the moment I have a H100i but I could not find a model of it

Moba: Maybe I will build it a bit longer, so that when I want to use a mATX board, I could just drill the holes for it. 

ps. I'm not sure if I will use my H100i or go full custom loop. Idk if the performance will be better or not.

Hope you guys get it ^^' (I know there is no "case" around it, but I thought you would understand what I mean ^^')

and as always, sorry for my bad english

pp.s I attached also the sketch file. named: prototyp_1.7z

https://www.dropbox.com/s/zu3lh7g3w1xfwrg/prototyp_1.7z?dl=0

and sorry for the bad picture quality. on the pc it looks much better ^^'

post-7556-0-67020200-1444139027.png

post-7556-0-85737600-1444139035.png

post-7556-0-23549900-1444139047_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-83074200-1444139068_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-74823100-1444139079_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-97498300-1444139092.png

post-7556-0-62299000-1444139100.png

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

Where'd ou find that ASUS MAXIMUS VII IMPACT MOBO model? I've been looking all over for one to design my own case.

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

My BuildPCPartPicker | CoC

Where'd ou find that ASUS MAXIMUS VII IMPACT MOBO model? I've been looking all over for one to design my own case.

What software is this?

I'm playing my Xbone on 3 LG Curved monitors-No one ever

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Resident bad pun maker.....please excuse them

What software is this?

Google sketchup I think.

Join the Appleitionist cause! See spoiler below for answers to common questions that shouldn't be common!

Spoiler

Q: Do I have a virus?!
A: If you didn't click a sketchy email, haven't left your computer physically open to attack, haven't downloaded anything sketchy/free, know that your software hasn't been exploited in a new hack, then the answer is: probably not.

Q: What email/VPN should I use?
A: Proton mail and VPN are the best for email and VPNs respectively. (They're free in a good way)

Q: How can I stay anonymous on the (deep/dark) webzz???....

A: By learning how to de-anonymize everyone else; if you can do that, then you know what to do for yourself.

Q: What Linux distro is best for x y z?

A: Lubuntu for things with little processing power, Ubuntu for normal PCs, and if you need to do anything else then it's best if you do the research yourself.

Q: Why is my Linux giving me x y z error?

A: Have you not googled it? Are you sure StackOverflow doesn't have an answer? Does the error tell you what's wrong? If the answer is no to all of those, message me.

-snip-

I suggest attaching the rads to the inside of the side panel unless it's glass.

Please, read CoC it helps, it helped me it should help you-Every competent member

Intel Core i7-6700K | Corsair H105 | Asus Z170I PRO GAMING | G.Skill TridentZ Series 16GB | 950 PRO 512GB M.2

Asus GeForce GTX 980 Ti 6GB STRIX OC | BitFenix Prodigy (Black/Red) | XFX PRO Black Edition 850W

-snip-

If that does not work, go with an ultra low profile cooler, and if you're going this slim, why not go with a Fury Nano even though it's kinda shitty for the price?

That's the same board my Fury X fucked up....

a gpu fucking up a mobo? I'm curious on how that happened

How?

the fury x is water cooled, it could have leaked

Spoiler

My system is the Dell Inspiron 15 5559 Microsoft Signature Edition

The Austrailian king of LTT said that I'm awesome and a funny guy. the greatest psu list known to man DDR3 ram guide

i got 477 posts in my first 30 days on LinusTechTips.com

the fury x is water cooled, it could have leaked

How?

Here I will copy paste my story from the thread I wrote it on yesterday

I put the Fury X in my LAN party case, there was nothing visibly wrong, I came back later and there was a split in the house so some water was getting out not much, but then right before my eyes the entire tube popped out of the fitting and it went all over my system.  That was a wasted 4790k, ROG Maximus Vii Impact, Wasted dominator plats, waste GPU and wasted storage because they were all fried

I made a version 2. but I'm not happy with it. if I use my standard sized PSU I have the bend the cable really strong and I don't like this at all.

with a SFX-L It might work out better. I still want to have only at the front and at the back holes for ventilation. Because I will have to build 10 cases and 8 of them will be in a cabin where only in the front and in the back is open for air circulation.  

IGNORE THE TUBING

Also with this set up I have problems with the PCIe expansion. If I turn the gpu up side down it i will have problems with the tubes.

post-7556-0-13625800-1444143709_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-44574100-1444143718_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-60485700-1444143726_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-05481900-1444143729.png

• CPU: Intel i7 4790K watercooled & custom IHS, Motherboard: Asus Maximus VI Impact, RAM: Kingston HyperX LP 1833, 2x8GB, GPU: Asus RTX 2070 watercooled

CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv ITXStorage: 1x WD Black 4TB HDD, 2x WD Blue 1TB SSD in Raid 0, PSU: Seasonic 650w Gold, Cooling: all watercoold with 2x 240 slim Rads, 5 Lian-Li Unifans

I just go to the sketchup 3d warehose (google it) and searched for asus or/and itx :D (if you like i can upload the model I have)

What software is this?

sektchup 2015 ( I use at the moment the free trail version. I think I will go to an other software becasue I will not pay 700$ for a license)

I suggest attaching the rads to the inside of the side panel unless it's glass.

the sied panel will be 2 layer of acrylics with some LED. and i really want to keep them as clean as possible. same for the top.  

If that does not work, go with an ultra low profile cooler, and if you're going this slim, why not go with a Fury Nano even though it's kinda shitty for the price?

1. i had before the Noctua low profile cooler. and the temps ware always over 65-75° (idle) (without oc !) And I already have the h100i same for the gtx 780 i don't want to buy an other GPU (specially not an AMD one! (I love shadowplay and gamestream to my shield))

I just go to the sketchup 3d warehose (google it) and searched for asus or/and itx :D (if you like i can upload the model I have)

sektchup 2015 ( I use at the moment the free trail version. I think I will go to an other software becasue I will not pay 700$ for a license)

the sied panel will be 2 layer of acrylics with some LED. and i really want to keep them as clean as possible. same for the top.  

1. i had before the Noctua low profile cooler. and the temps ware always over 65-75° (idle) (without oc !) And I already have the h100i same for the gtx 780 i don't want to buy an other GPU (specially not an AMD one! (I love shadowplay and gamestream to my shield))

I can't find the specified model in the 3D WareHouse... Only the VI.

I can't find the specified model in the 3D WareHouse... Only the VI.

VI and VII are the same. My model is the VI what is perfect for me :D

As water block I found one for the P8Z77-I Deluxe and since they are more or less the same layout... all I care is about the thickness and hight and this is the same at all EK blocks for this mobo.

now version 3 !!

I think this is it. But now I need help from some guys here.

Who knows the most about WC ? :D:D

I need to know if its possible in such a tight space, to do a proper tube routing. At the moment I don't know if  I go soft tubing or hard. I think soft would be easier. 

Maybe I will flip the GPU but nor sure yet

the black box on the floor is a SFX-L PSU

Case size would be now:

156mm

466mm

340mm

This is much bigger than I wanted but i don't see a better way.

What dou you guys think ?

and way is there no ITX case that can have this much water cooling in it :D

post-7556-0-11311400-1444161990_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-35833100-1444162010_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-49931400-1444162020_thumb.pn

post-7556-0-85371500-1444162024_thumb.pn