How bad was your first PC?

abt

Intel was retarded enough to make a CPU well after the Pentium III that is actually slower  :blink: . 

This waaaaas a mobile processor in a netbook that was a fraction of the size of a P3 machine though :P 

So I mean its not that surprising, it wasn't meant to perform well 

Don't remember the specs exactly but the computer was a Dell Dimension 4600. I played Max Payne at 15 FPS, childhood memories. 

Self built was very happy with it. It had a Pentium 3 800MHz, 128mb sd-ram, 20GB hdd, a floppy drive, ATi 2MB AGP video card, generic case w/psu, Creative sound card, CD-ROM,  56K modem, Windows Me. The build lasted about 5 years, where it skipped 3 generations of Pentium 4 and right when Intel introduced their dual core Pentium D.

Intel Xeon E5 1650 v3 @ 3.5GHz 6C:12T / CM212 Evo / Asus X99 Deluxe / 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4 3000 Trident-Z / Samsung 850 Pro 256GB / Intel 335 240GB / WD Red 2 & 3TB / Antec 850w / RTX 2070 / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy X360 15: Intel Core i5 8250U @ 1.6GHz 4C:8T / 8GB DDR4 / Intel UHD620 + Nvidia GeForce MX150 4GB / Intel 120GB SSD / Win10 Pro x64

HP Envy x360 BP series Intel 8th gen

AMD ThreadRipper 2!

5820K & 6800K 3-way SLI mobo support list

My first gaming rig is I7 2600 some crappy Acer motherboard & 8gb of 1333mhz RAM cannot quite remember the GPU but it was probably a 500 series GT something... xD

I had a very, very awful Windows 95 Machine, Which was retired after it caught fire. (Janky PSU is Jank)

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700 GPU: NVIDIA GTX 1070 Cooling: N/A  Motherboard: N/A  Ram: 32GB

HDD: 4TB RAID 1 Array (two 4TB)  PSU: N/A Case: N/A OS: Windows 10 Mouse: Something Something Logitech

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2016 Headphones: Audio Technica ATH-M40X Speakers: ??? Monitor: 2 x HP 22cwa  Phone: OnePlus 3T (T-Mobile Network)

Pentium 4 with 2x1gb ddr1. A Hp of some sort.

CPU:X4 760k GPU:Gtx 960 4gb RAM:Hyperx Fury 2x4GB PSU:Evga 500w Mobo:Msi A78m-e35 Case:Nzxt s340 Storage: 120gb 840evo,  1TB Wd blue

Go ahead, quote me !

I'm actually very curious to see how bad everyone else's PC's were before they got their ultra mega super awesome gaming builds.

Mine was some Dell desktop that we got from Walmart. Had 4 gigs of memory and on-board graphics. EWWW.

I still have my 1st laptop, and it's still my laptop till i buy a new rig.

It's freaking old xD core2duo, 4gb ram, gt 320m 1gb, 300gb storage xD i can't even record in proper conditions to my channel. which if u wanna check : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V31OVWPhWyQ

But yeah, still saving money for a gaming rig

Remembering how good i thought that pc was now, I want to buy one of these

1362248591_hangmans_noose_png_by_mysticm

Born too early to explore the galaxy, born too late to explore the seas, born just in time to make memes.

Pictures does not exist but these are the specs of my first PC.

• Some random motherboard and case.
  • 80286 Intel CPU, clocked at 16 MHz
  • 640 KB of RAM
  • CGA Graphics card, hooked up to my old Amiga Monitor
  • IO Card with one PAR and two SER ports
  • 5¼" HD Floppy drive (1.2 MB)
  • MS-DOS 3.30 + Wordperfect 5.1 (on floppies)

·· When I die i wan't to go peacefully - in my sleep, like my granddad - Not screaming in terror, like his passengers ··

·· [ while (!asleep()) { $sheep++} ] :: [ The Cave ] ··

A first gen Celeron with integrated graphics and 3gb of ram

Ah what the hell my first PC was actually originally my grandpas and it broke so he got a new one and asked if i wanted it so turns out the onboard memory was busted so i just threw a AMD HD6570 in it, its total specs... Intel core 2 duo, 2GB DDR2, 500GB HDD, And the HD6570 1GBVRAM. https://imgur.com/9uFQ5Y8 Here is a photo of the poor thing

Had my first PC in the mid 80's.  Was a gaming PC, played stuff like Reader Rabbit on it lol.

Cant remember what my first pc was called, but i remember it was running a mix of dos and win 95 where you had to start windows from a dos command <.< oh and it had a turbo button and i played wolfenstein 3D on it >.>

Athlon 64 x2 3800+, 1GB DDR2 800, GeForce 6100 onboard graphics.

Ran that config from 2006 to late 2012 when I upgraded to an X1300 Pro and 3GB RAM. Late 2013 swapped out to a GT630 and went up to 4GB.

Nothing beat waiting years for games to load, and then running source games at 640x480 and still lagging. PC now holds the slowest Valley Basic score here.

LTT's fastest Valley 970, slowest Valley Basic and Extreme HD scores

Desktop || CPU - i5 4690k || Motherboard - ASUS Gryphon Z97 || RAM - 16GB Kingston HyperX 1866MHz || GPU - Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 *Cough* 3.5GB || Case - Fractal Design Define R5 || HDD - Seagate Barracuda 160GB || PSU - Corsair AX760

Pentium 2

Integrated video chip that couldn't do 3d for the love of god

No soundcard

E2200, 2 gb ram (which still exist in my current rig), vista (oh god), some nvidia gpu built onto the mobo, 160gb hdd

Got an RC? head over to The Rc Thread and tell us about it, or you can just discuss rc in general there as well.

overly obsessed with 2 strokes and RCs

BRAAAAAAPPP

Spoiler

upgrading to:i5 6600k|MSI  z170a SLI Plus|1x8GB HYPERX Black| keeping the rest of my system the same for a few months until i have enough money for a better gpu,psu and an m.2 ssd

Spoiler

my baby:2008 Ktm 125 sx 

Spoiler

current rig:core 2 quad q6600@stock|asus p5q deluxe| 4GB of mix matched ddr2| saphirre r9 270x dual x| hyper212 evo w/ 2 sp120s| corsair cx 500m ikr time bomb| wd blue 1TB| corsair spec- 03|MSX home 64bit|

Pentium D single core @3.0ghz and 2 gig RAM(I think) so pretty terrible 

Pentium T4500 dual core

2gigs of RAM

Intel Graphics.

Well.....I haven't owned any windows based machine! Only my phone.... I do all the work on my phone or in the uni's lab for simulations and compute intensive work.

Oh...my first was a real "warmachine"(or maybe closer to "washmashine").

If I remember correctly it was:

S3 Trio3D

Pentium 2

32MB Ram

3GB HDD

And hugely overpriced, as my whole family were computer noobs at that time.

Was and still is a 2012 Inspiron N17r Laptop, has a GT 525M, and some I5 cpu.

Really want an upgrade, cant afford.

Systems built (personal) | 1. Bad Wolf (Has passed on to PC Heaven): https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/zX9WGX |  2. Red Husky: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/Mwhypg

Systems built (for commission) | 1. Red Fox: http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/W4LD4D | 2. Not Namedhttp://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/TMhqqs 3. Bad Wolf 2.0: https://ca.pcpartpicker.com/b/7p8Ycf upgraded Bad Wolf to an I3-7100 for my friend as a gift|