Car Guys

GSTARR

Hey my dudes.

I have a preference question. I have a 92' Cressida. White, planning to redo the detail to black. Pretty nice. Jk. REALLY nice. 70000 miles after 22 years, 6 speakers all with upgraded pioneers, I'm planning on putting a manual 2jz in it oh my god I could go on I love it.

BUT

What about the rims.

What rims do I choose?!

I like concave ones, If that's the correct term. But I need input guys. I don't know where to go to find a good selection and variety of stuff to choose from.

15"

Suggestions??

Shipping sucks

i vote for a 1uz swap

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

it sounds like bad idea to me :P , in my country we laugh at all that pimp my ride cars ... 

CPU: Intel i7 8700k    MB: Gigabyte Z390    RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB     GPU: GTX 1070 Ti 8GB

it sounds like bad idea to me :P , in my country we laugh at all that pimp my ride cars ... 

I don't care man xD It's my car and I want something I'll look back at every-time I walk away. People can laugh all they want :)

Shipping sucks

those og miles or a new/rebuilt block? thats just crazy if those are og. To be honest in my opinion as an old man and even when I was younger....I would have thought putting any money into that car other then general upkeep would be a waste of money. I would save save save. 

those og miles or a new/rebuilt block? thats just crazy if those are og. To be honest in my opinion as an old man and even when I was younger....I would have thought putting any money into that car

OG miles. I like metal cars, I'm keeping this one for quite a while as I don't care to trade in an amazing car, for what is essentially a bunch of payments and a hunk of aluminum

Shipping sucks

What do you mean concave rims, elaborate further?

Did you see my other post? I have a pic on here, the middle of the rims is farther "in" compared to the outer edge

Shipping sucks

I had a look around, i find these nice. Although im not 100% sure  how they would look on the Cressida.

tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4736706538GMML&wheelMake=Enkei%20Performance&wheelModel=SR6&wheelFinish=Gunmetal%20w%2FMach%20Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Cressida&autoYear=1992&autoModClar=

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=421671442B&wheelMake=Focal&wheelModel=X&wheelFinish=Black%20Painted&showRear=no&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Cressida&autoYear=1992&autoModClar=

http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/WheelCloseUpServlet?target=runWheelSearch&initialPartNumber=4655706538SML&wheelMake=Enkei%20Classic&wheelModel=Enkei92&wheelFinish=Silver%20w%2FMachined%20Lip&showRear=no&autoMake=Toyota&autoModel=Cressida&autoYear=1992&autoModClar=

They look pretty good, and aren't obnoxious in price. Nice! I'll take a look at those

Shipping sucks

Nice car! MX83's are super sick. It's actually on my list of cars to own (or just a Cressida's in general). 

If I were to choose wheels, I'd go either SSR Longchamps.

tumblr_mang4gDdVt1rvp7w8o1_1280.jpg

(I know that's not your car, but it gives you an idea)

Hayashi Streets

kgc10-als015.jpg

SSR MKII

derek2.jpg

or SSR MKIII

IMG_9037_NEXe_0.jpg

SSR Mesh

150_ToyotaCressidaMX73.jpg

155_ToyotaCressidaMX83.jpg

They're not very period correct (a decade or so older), but I think they would look sick on your car. And I assumed you wanted something a bit more old school because of the size. 15's are a perfect size for these types of wheels.

Alternatively, if you want something more modern..

TE37's are never a bad choice (TE37v's would look epic).

Japan-Cressida-Desktop-01.jpg

Work Meister S1's

Work_Meister_S1_Honda_Inspire_02.jpg

Adan RGII

aahc_june11_027.jpg

Also, all these wheels are pretty expensive. Don't know your budget. You can get pretty high quality reps as well

thanks for the tag. Was it because it had to do with wheels? :P

i vote for a 1uz swap

^^

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Nice car! MX83's are super sick. It's actually on my list of cars to own (or just a Cressida's in general). 

If I were to choose wheels, I'd go either SSR Longchamps.

tumblr_mang4gDdVt1rvp7w8o1_1280.jpg

(I know that's not your car, but it gives you an idea)

Hayashi Streets

kgc10-als015.jpg

SSR MKII

derek2.jpg

or SSR MKIII

IMG_9037_NEXe_0.jpg

They're not very period correct (a decade or so older), but I think they would look sick on your car. And I assumed you wanted something a bit more old school because of the size. 15's are a perfect size for these types of wheels. Alternatively, if you want something more modern, TE37's are never a bad choice.

Japan-Cressida-Desktop-01.jpg

Also, all these wheels are pretty expensive. Don't know your budget. 

thanks for the tag. Was it because it had to do with wheels? :P

^^ 

Why the 1jz, and yea those look pretty good. I don't plan on getting the wheels right now so I can save up as much as I need (I have a 4500 dollar engine to buy :(  )

Shipping sucks

nothing on that website is ;-;

However my wheels do look a bit small on my car. Perhaps i oughta make sure that they're the right size. Figured they were, but even so

Sorry but I have no idea what ";-;" means, I am a n00b  -_- Anyway, is it cambered/offset/lowered?

Why the 1jz, and yea those look pretty good. I don't plan on getting the wheels right now so I can save up as much as I need (I have a 4500 dollar engine to buy :(  )

UZ, not JZ. 1JZ's is a 2.5l inline-6. the 1UZ is a 4.0l V8.

I added some more modern wheels too, if you're into that. 

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

Sorry but I have no idea what ";-;" means, I am a n00b  -_- Anyway, is it cambered/offset/lowered?

no it isn't

Shipping sucks

UZ, not JZ. 1JZ's is a 2.5l inline-6. the 1UZ is a 4.0l V8.

I added some more modern wheels too, if you're into that. 

But is it better in some way to the 2jz manual? I didn't prefer the 1jz anyways

Shipping sucks