[HYPE & RUMOR] Fury X2 spotted in shipping manifest

Myocardial Infarction

Who worries about TDP when you're spending that much for a card?

Mobo: Z97 MSI Gaming 7 / CPU: i5-4690k@4.5GHz 1.23v / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 / RAM: 8GB DDR3 1600MHz@CL9 1.5v / PSU: Corsair CX500M / Case: NZXT 410 / Monitor: 1080p IPS Acer R240HY bidx

Dont care about power or Tdp. If this thing is gonna be $1100 im pre-ordering it. That is stupid cheap for the power you get. I only hope it doesnt have a dual rad cuz that wont fit in my case :(

I have no signature

Who worries about TDP when you're spending that much for a card?

A LOT of hypocritical kneejerk fanboys do.

People seem to fail to realize that the difference in power draw between the 970 and 390 per say is ONE OR TWO LIGHTBULBS.

just go turn off the light in another room where you/anyone else isnt using and the power difference is practically zero.

but people do not want to admitt that. Because it defeats their argument.

Hell, even if you made a fully OCd R9 390x + FX 8350 setup, with 1.6V RAM and only HDDs, you would still, even with all the power draw, save more power by SPENDING ONE MINUTE LESS EVERY TIME YOU TAKE A SHOWER.... One minute less of hot water being used is going to save you more in the long run then using the most efficient Intel + Nvidia setup you can imagine.

Why is that?

Because the time it takes to heat up 20-50litres of water to 70 degrees C (got to be over 63c or else there is a risk of salmonella developing in the pipes and boiler) takes more time and energy then most people spend on their PC gaming at 100% load.

Think for a moment. a normal water boiler you have on the kitchen sink uses 2KW, it uses 1-2 minutes to heat 2-3 litres of water...

The average boiler is 2-3KW, it needs to heat up AND MAINTAIN the heat of approximatly 200-300 litres... Every-time you open the tap, the outside water that entres the tank is around 4-8c, maybe a bit higher during summer in hot places.... now to take several hundreds of litres of water and heat all of it up to 70c, when you "start out" at 4-8c...

THINK people....

This is where your REAL power drain is.

a GPU using 60w more power at full load for 2-10 hours IS A BLOODY DROP IN THE OCEAN!!!

Just going from using normal thermostats to day/night cycle thermostats can save you more money per year on electrical heating THEN YOUR PC CONSUMES DURING THAT YEAR!

I work as a Electrician. These are simply facts of life, and it is part of my job to inform people how to save on electricity usage. Hell, we had 30min - 1 hour a day in school for half a year just learning how to stop wasting energy. And you dimwitted fanboys cry about ONE LIGHTBULB!!!

If you want to make friends with the polar bears, then believe me when i say, they dont care about a lightbulb, they dont care about ten million lightbulbs. Because the consumption difference between Nvidia and AMD, even on a global scale, is negligent to the point of ridiculousness.

And as for the power bill argument...

you are arguing about 5 dollars a year.

Skip out on three bottles of cola and you have made up the difference....

The heat argument.

Turn off your electrial heating devices in the room you are in during "gaming". Doing so will save you MORE money then buying parts that output less heat in a PC. Way more.

And aslong as your PC is running, it will maintain the heat in your room much more "power efficiently" then a electrical oven will.

TL to quote entirely.

FINALLY SOMEONE SAID IT.

It literally takes half a brain to calculate the difference and realize that it's a waste of time to argue power consumption of these cards. In quite a few places that difference is sub 5$ PER YEAR!

Also, thank you for explaining it in such detail, I really have no patience to argue and seeing people quoting what I said makes my head hurt because that's what they heard and never questioned it. But most of this forum is filled with kids that wouldn't know how to calculate the difference so I'm not bothering with it.

And to those of you that think he is joking about the heat... I used to heat my dorm room with my GTX 465... Literally, I shit you not, the dorm heating would turn on and it would take about two hours to heat the room, in the mean time I would just game on my GTX 465, the blower cooler would push all the hot air out and I would place my hands behind the GPU vents when it felt like my fingertips were freezing, sometimes I would even put up my feet. :P

Cause two slowed underclocked gpus goes against the entire point of having a dual gpu card in the first place (which is why the 295x2 was popular and the titan z was not.)

This price seems too good to be true given that the 295x2 launched at 3x the then current price of a 290x and that the fury x is still selling closer to 750-800 USD than the 650msrp.

You know that most of the times when companies release dual GPU cards, they are slightly downclocked right?  The Titan Z was downclocked from factory, the 690 was downclocked from factory, 590 was probably as well. 

One of the only cards to ever change this was the 295x2 because it was watercooled.

Stuff:  i7 7700k @ (dat nibba succ) | ASRock Z170M OC Formula | G.Skill TridentZ 3600 c16 | EKWB 1080 @ 2100 mhz  |  Acer X34 Predator | R4 | EVGA 1000 P2 | 1080mm Radiator Custom Loop | HD800 + Audio-GD NFB-11 | 850 Evo 1TB | 840 Pro 256GB | 3TB WD Blue | 2TB Barracuda

Hwbot: http://hwbot.org/user/lays/ 

FireStrike 980 ti @ 1800 Mhz http://hwbot.org/submission/3183338 http://www.3dmark.com/3dm/11574089

You know that most of the times when companies release dual GPU cards, they are slightly downclocked right? The Titan Z was downclocked from factory, the 690 was downclocked from factory, 590 was probably as well.

One of the only cards to ever change this was the 295x2 because it was watercooled.

And I see no reason to ever go back.

LINK-> Kurald Galain:  The Night Eternal 

Top 5820k, 980ti SLI Build in the World*

CPU: i7-5820k // GPU: SLI MSI 980ti Gaming 6G // Cooling: Full Custom WC //  Mobo: ASUS X99 Sabertooth // Ram: 32GB Crucial Ballistic Sport // Boot SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB

Mass SSD: Crucial M500 960GB  // PSU: EVGA Supernova 850G2 // Case: Fractal Design Define S Windowed // OS: Windows 10 // Mouse: Razer Naga Chroma // Keyboard: Corsair k70 Cherry MX Reds

Headset: Senn RS185 // Monitor: ASUS PG348Q // Devices: Note 10+ - Surface Book 2 15"

LINK-> Ainulindale: Music of the Ainur 

Prosumer DYI FreeNAS

CPU: Xeon E3-1231v3  // Cooling: Noctua L9x65 //  Mobo: AsRock E3C224D2I // Ram: 16GB Kingston ECC DDR3-1333

HDDs: 4x HGST Deskstar NAS 3TB  // PSU: EVGA 650GQ // Case: Fractal Design Node 304 // OS: FreeNAS

Think about the TDP ..

mine is on the cloud so i don't care.

When I stared to cool my PC passive, I began to care. Before I don't. :)

don't be passive. You are not a vegetable.

Go out there be wild.

I want this. I want 2 of them because I have no self-control or common sense.

One thing though: needs to be called FURY MAXX. C'mon AMD. DO IT. You know you want to.

LTT Unigine SUPERPOSITION scoreboardhttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1jvq_--P35FbqY8Iv_jn3YZ_7iP1I_hR0_vk7DjKsZgI/edit#gid=0

Intel i7 8700k || ASUS Z370-I ITX || AMD Radeon VII || 16GB 4266mhz DDR4 || Silverstone 800W SFX-L || 512GB 950 PRO M.2 + 3.5TB of storage SSD's

SCHIIT Lyr 3 Multibit || HiFiMAN HE-1000 V2 || MrSpeakers Ether C