Frame stuttering/freezing in GTA V, I can't pinpoint the problem.

Rylyn_Jackson

System:

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690

Motherboard: MSI H87-G43

GPU: MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4GB LE

RAM: 8 GB (2x4GB) G.Skill Ripjaws X Series DDR3 2400 (limited to 1600 due to MoBo)

PSU: Raidmax RX-835AP 835W

HDD: Western Digital WD10EADS-00M2B0 (1TB)

Sound: Onboard Audio (Realtek ALC892)

CPU Cooler: Thermaltake Water 3.0 Ultimate (CL-W007-PL12BL-A) Enthusiasts Class Water/Liquid CPU Cooler 360MM

Monitor: Asus VG248 (set to 80hz and full 1080p resolution)

Mouse: Razer Naga

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma

I have all the latest drivers installed.

My issue is that to matter what kind of settings I'm running GTA V at on my computer, it seems that after a little while of gameplay, and especially while driving, I start gettiung very bad frame stuttering and freezing. My hardware appears to be more than capable of handling this game. I did see something about Realtek Audio possible being a cause for frame stuttering. So, I tried diabling Realtek and removing the drivers, but to no avail.

Can anyone possibly help me with this at all?

EDIT:

Forgot to include that I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit installed.

Joining or disconnecting online, kills GTA for a couple of seconds.

(I don't mean going on Multiplayer, I mean on single Player Mode)

Maybe you hit 8GB of RAM usage? There might be a memory leak that after a while of gameplay you get stutters and freezes cause your RAM maxes out, did you check the usage during gameplay? Use MSI Afterburner to check that. I don't know how the GTAV uses the RAM but The Witcher 3 also has memory leak that bumps up the usage from 5-6gigs at the start to 8-9 after some time of playing...

Monitor the usage to exclude this possibility, an unlikely one but still a possibility.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

you could give this a try.  It helped on my 960 and my 980 with gta v and several other people.  I'd look into it a little bit cause I can't really explain what it does (I read into it a while ago when I did it)

http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/391091-how-to-fix-or-reduce-micro-stuttering-in-every-game/

edit: There are some links in the comments I think about what it does exactly

LTT Community Standards                                               Welcome!-A quick guide for new members to LTT

Man's Machine- i7-7700k@5.0GHz / Asus M8H / GTX 1080Ti / 4x4gb Gskill 3000 CL15  / Custom loop / 240gb Intel SSD / 3tb HDD / Corsair RM1000x / Dell S2716DG

The Lady's Rig- G3258@4.4GHz(1.39v) on Hyper 212 / Gigabyte GA-B85M / gtx750 / 8gb PNY xlr8 / 500gb seagate HDD / CS 450M / Asus PB277Q

Hmm, only thing I can think of is the WD green is by far the weakest part of the chain, I wonder if it's a HDD loading issue?

Hmm, only thing I can think of is the WD green is by far the weakest part of the chain, I wonder if it's a HDD loading issue?

I was thinking that may be an issue as well. However, I couldn't complain much for getting a 1 TB drive for 40$, used. Still, an SSD could help me here. However, $$ constraints prevent me from getting those upgrades right away.

Did you reinstall the chocolate bar protocol? 

What?

Maybe you hit 8GB of RAM usage? There might be a memory leak that after a while of gameplay you get stutters and freezes cause your RAM maxes out, did you check the usage during gameplay? Use MSI Afterburner to check that. I don't know how the GTAV uses the RAM but The Witcher 3 also has memory leak that bumps up the usage from 5-6gigs at the start to 8-9 after some time of playing...

Monitor the usage to exclude this possibility, an unlikely one but still a possibility.

I don't think it's a RAM cap issue. Even on low graphic settings, I have this issue.

Joining or disconnecting online, kills GTA for a couple of seconds.

(I don't mean going on Multiplayer, I mean on single Player Mode)

I do not have this issue, though.

I was thinking that may be an issue as well. However, I couldn't complain much for getting a 1 TB drive for 40$, used. Still, an SSD could help me here. However, $$ constraints prevent me from getting those upgrades right away.

Hard to say, I've run GTA V on both my mechanical HD and SSD and didn't really notice much difference, both had pretty long loading times to start the game. There was no real performance difference after that game started either.

One thing I will say, Greens are meant as storage drives, they run at 5400rpm, and are pretty slow, if you're running your OS on that along with games it might be struggling.

Is there anyone else who might have an idea of what could be the issue?