Preschool for Robots

jos

On the seventh floor of Berkeley’s technology research hall, a bright blue and yellow plastic ray gun sits on a long table, along with wooden spoons, model planes, and a set of square and round pegs. There’s also a stack of those ultra-large Lego blocks kids go nuts for. The toys are all for a spoiled toddler named Brett, who also happens to be a robot.

Unlike most industrial robots, which are programmed to complete specific tasks, the Brett project teaches robots to learn using methods based partly on the ways young children discover the world. They repeatedly try to solve problems and adjust their behavior each time to get closer to the goal.

What makes Brett’s brain tick is a combination of two technologies that have each become fundamental to the AI field: deep learning and reinforcement learning. Deep learning helps the robot perceive the world and its mechanical limbs using a technology called a neural network. Reinforcement learning trains the robot to improve its approach to tasks through repeated attempts.

But it will take time for the robots to learn and for the researchers to refine their curriculum.

This is amazing i have done some work in Deep neural nets but reinforcement learning is a total different game...

It is a interesting read please read full at http://www.bloomberg.com/features/2015-preschool-for-robots/

That is probably the closest we've come to an actual a.i.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I really wish we would just stop trying to make machines smarter, it will only end with one three word phrase.

Kill All Humans

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Wow thats amazing! Soon robots we be like actual humans. Which some people might not be so hyped about.

Wow thats amazing! Soon robots we be like actual humans. Which some people might not be so hyped about.

previewBender_0ef18bbe-c2e9-4ec1-a21b-48

Kill All Humans

That will only happen when they don't need us anymore. or when they get access to advanced weaponry - which only a cretin would give them

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

That will only happen when they don't need us anymore. or when they get access to advanced weaponry - which only a cretin would give them

.......Have you met or seen or heard any politicians speak lately?

Basically like leaving a dog around a garbage can.

.......Have you met or seen or heard any politicians speak lately?

Basically like leaving a dog around a garbage can.

at least they are a lot more scared about robots than us because they have no clue about them :P

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

at least they are a lot more scared about robots than us because they have no clue about them :P

Perhaps, but I found a great point.

"what if there are no timetravelers or alien visitors because every civilization develops an artificial intelligence, which goes nuts, first".

Kind makes sense.

Perhaps, but I found a great point.

"what if there are no timetravelers or alien visitors because every civilization develops an artificial intelligence, which goes nuts, first".

Kind makes sense.

or, either time travelers are very careful not to show themselves or time travel is simply impossible for us ^^ there have been some ambiguous pictures in the past (although given the usually poor quality it could be all nonsense).

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

or, either time travelers are very careful not to show themselves or time travel is simply impossible for us ^^ there have been some ambiguous pictures in the past (although given the usually poor quality it could be all nonsense).

I suppose that's possible, but still. You'd think we'd have found out by now.

I suppose that's possible, but still. You'd think we'd have found out by now.

Not necessarily - if someone had been flying supersonic jets 300 years ago would they have known someone developed flying machines? They'd have heard weird clear-sky thunders and a small dot shooting through the sky. We have no idea what form time travel may come in.

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Not necessarily - if someone had been flying supersonic jets 300 years ago would they have known someone developed flying machines? They'd have heard weird clear-sky thunders and a small dot shooting through the sky. We have no idea what form time travel may come in.

That's true.

I really wish we would just stop trying to make machines smarter, it will only end with one three word phrase.

Kill All Humans

If "kill all humans" includes our congress critters and parliament parrots then I fully support AIs.

About time travel, Stephen Hawking is in the mind that it is impossible to travel backwards in time. Forwards is far game. This might change in the future but for now thats where he stands.

My posts are in a constant state of editing :)

CPU: i7-4790k @ 4.7Ghz MOBO: ASUS ROG Maximums VII Hero  GPU: Asus GTX 780ti Directcu ii SLI RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance PSU: Corsair AX860 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 250 GB, WD Black 1TB Cooling: Corsair H100i with Noctua fans Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift

laptop

Some ASUS model. Has a GT 550M, i7-2630QM, 4GB or ram and a WD Black SSD/HDD drive. MacBook Pro 13" base model
Apple stuff from over the years
iPhone 5 64GB, iPad air 128GB, iPod Touch 32GB 3rd Gen and an iPod nano 4GB 3rd Gen. Both the touch and nano are working perfectly as far as I can tell :)

Judgement day here it comes.

Skynet coming to life. But first it will lead the googles project for building robots to perfection. Then put weapons on them and as a sarcastic joke to laugh in our faces the built in speakers will play "Who let the dogs out"....

I should make a movie !

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Anyone else reminded of Extant's AI kid Ethan? 

http://imgur.com/stsYHlq

"The wheel?" "No thanks, I'll walk, its more natural" - thus was the beginning of the doom of the Human race.
Cheese monger.