OS Breaking Windows 10 Bug **PLEASE HELP**

kgorringe

This also happened when I first installed Windows 10, but it went away in 10 minutes.

Whenever I sign into my computer, running Windows 10, I get an error, "Critical Error, Start Menu and Cortana are not working, we'll try to fix it next time you sign in" Then it will give me the ability to sign out. I've restarted the PC, signed in and out, tried installing updates, THIS STUPID THING DOESN'T GO AWAY!

Any help? Please?

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Logitech MX Performance / Razor Blackwidow Ultimate

This also happened when I first installed Windows 10, but it went away in 10 minutes.

Whenever I sign into my computer, running Windows 10, I get an error, "Critical Error, Start Menu and Cortana are not working, we'll try to fix it next time you sign in" Then it will give me the ability to sign out. I've restarted the PC, signed in and out, tried installing updates, THIS STUPID THING DOESN'T GO AWAY!

Any help? Please?

reinstall windows?

reinstall windows?

Tried that, this has been going on for 4 days so far.

AMD A10 7700k APU @ 3.8 GHz  /  Dem Integrated R7 graphics  / 8 GB Crucial Ballistix DDR3 1800 MHz RAM  /  1 TB WD Black HDD  /  ARC Midi R2 Case  /  ASRock FM2A88M Pro 3+ 

Tried that, this has been going on for 4 days so far.

what is your storage setup? It could be your internet, or, try making a new Microsoft account when installing windows, and see if it helps, if not then idk.

what is your storage setup? It could be your internet, or, try making a new Microsoft account when installing windows, and see if it helps, if not then idk.

I have one 300 GB Samsung HDD. My internet is wired and never gives out, ill try making another Microsoft account.

I have one 300 GB Samsung HDD. My internet is wired and never gives out, ill try making another Microsoft account.

check smart status of the HDD also.

Sounds like something wrong with the installer, not your hardware. If you burned an installer, make sure it was not a corrupt ISO. If you using an upgrade method (especially from 8.1), try to reinstall with a properly burned DVD with a verified ISO.

If you upgraded from 8.1 using a Microsoft Account, that's probably the problem. Now I can't remember if the ability exists before logging into the desktop, but if it is, there are two things you can do. 1) create a new local user and then delete the problematic account, re-add it and adjust its settings to Admin again and then 2) restart and log into that account again. If you cannot create a new account before logging in (I quit Win10 so I can't remember) try this booting into safe mode and create the account and also run "sfc /scannow" in CMD.

Does the issue persist?

Microsoft officially suggests logging into Safe Mode and then back out, but they admit it doesn't fix the issue, only allows one normal boot afterwards. I've seen the above commands work before though, so hopefully the above helps you and you don't have to listen to M$ BS.

|  The United Empire of Earth Wants You | The Stormborn (ongoing build; 90% done)  |  Skyrim Mods Recommendations  LTT Blue Forum Theme! | Learning Russian! Blog |
|"They got a war on drugs so the police can bother me.”Tupac Shakur  | "Half of writing history is hiding the truth"Captain Malcolm Reynolds | "Museums are racist."Michelle Obama | "Slap a word like "racist" or "nazi" on it and you'll have an army at your back."MSM Logic | "A new command I give you: love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another"Jesus Christ | "I love the Union and the Constitution, but I would rather leave the Union with the Constitution than remain in the Union without it."Jefferson Davis |

@kgorringe Can you still interact with the OS itself?
Can you right click the start button and choose Command Prompt (Admin) ? If not, can you just navigate to C:\Windows\System32\cmd.exe  , right click it, run as administrator?

Then type

sfc /scannow

in the command line, let it do it's thing.

Have you simply tried with a Local account instead of a Microsoft account? (Settings > Account > switch to local (or something like that), or if you simply want to create a new one
Settings > Account > Family & Other users > Add someone else to this PC > The person who I want to add doesn't have an email address > Add a user without a Microsoft Account .

They sure tried to hide that one...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700x / GPU: Asus Radeon RX 6750XT OC 12GB / RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4-3200
MOBO: MSI B450m Gaming Plus / NVME: Corsair MP510 240GB / Case: TT Core v21 / PSU: Seasonic 750W / OS: Win 10 Pro