Is a one and a half year old smartphone a good investment?

IAmAndre

Hi,

So my phone's microphone died and I need to get a new one. I'm seeing good deals on the Moto E 2014 that was released more than a year ago and was a low-end device. I can have it under €100, but I'd like to know if it's worth it. Please note that I really want to have a small device that I can use with one hand, that is splash resistant (if not water resistant). I'm going to use it for jogging and probably many sport activities so I need something that is quite durable and easy to carry, and of course not expensive.

So in short my question is : is the Snapdragon 2 (dual core) solid enough for my usage? I'm not going to play demanding games. It will be just reading emails, browse the web, watch video content, use social networks and use GPS/accelerometer to track my sport activities/performance. I already have a 10 inch tablet (Asus Transformer TF103) that I use for doing pretty much the same thing, so the phone will be used only when I'm out and my tablet isn't around.

I also would like to know how long I'll be getting Android updates with this phone.

Thanks

Great ! Thanks for the replies, but I think I'll get the 2015 version.

That would be better, then you can make that last hopefully longer and it is not that expensive i believe. 

This is the better choice. It's a budget phone so the used price won't be significantly less than the new model, plus you get a warranty this way.

| Currently no gaming rig | Dell XPS 13 (9343) |

| Samsung Galaxy Note5 | Gear VR | Nvidia Shield Tab | Xbox One |

Also greater chance of OS updates. The 2015 E is very likely to be updated to Android 6.0 Marshmallow.

I'd get the most expensive version of the Moto E: à SD 410 is more 'future proof' than a SD 200.

Why is SpongeBob the main character when Patrick is the star?