Can't hear Youtube on Google Chrome

ZeroOnyx
Go to solution Solved by Enderman,

Sigh, restarted my pc...still doesn't work...Might take this up with Google.

k thats really weird then...

you said firefox also doesnt play audio on those channels?

might be something to do with youtube then since it works fine for me on chrome

Hey, this has happened to me for awhile now. I can't hear sounds from youtube videos, even though my sound mixer and everything is turned on. The weirdest part is it only happens on some channels, the rest has sound. One of the channels I get no audio from is Smosh, and Smosh related channels (Smosh Games, etc). It only happens on Chrome, since Firefox had audio for Smosh. Help?

Thanks in advanced!

try clearing your cache and cookies

you could also try ipconfig /flushdns in cmd

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

Don't watch Smosh because they're trash?

jk try clearing out cache

You're everywhere

|Intel Core i5-4670K| |Gigabyte Z97P-D3| |Seagate 1TB SSHD| |Fractal Design Define S| |Corsair CS650M| |Asus PB278Q| |Cooler Master CM Storm Devastator Bundle|

try clearing your cache and cookies

you could also try ipconfig /flushdns in cmd

Clearing the cache, nor ip/config /flushdns works, unless I did the command wrong.

Don't watch Smosh because they're trash?

jk try clearing out cache

I don't really watch Smosh :P But it just bothers me that I have no audio for specific channels.

Clearing the cache, nor ip/config /flushdns works, unless I did the command wrong.

I don't really watch Smosh :P But it just bothers me that I have no audio for specific channels.

That's... bizarre.

I'm currently using Chrome and I haven't had any issues related to YouTube.

Check out my guide on how to scan cover art here!

Local asshole and 6th generation console enthusiast.

in cmd you type

ipconfig /flushdns

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

in cmd you type

ipconfig /flushdns

Said successfully flushed, but still no audio. I've restarted chrome, and it doesn't work...Should I restart my computer? It's weird, because I've been able to watch Smosh with audio before, until half a year ago, when the audio disappeared.

Said successfully flushed, but still no audio. I've restarted chrome, and it doesn't work...Should I restart my computer? It's weird, because I've been able to watch Smosh with audio before, until half a year ago, when the audio disappeared.

yeah try restarting your whole pc

that should fix it

Spoiler

yeah try restarting your whole pc

that should fix it

Spoiler

I think it's Chrome, I said Firefox does play audio, as well as Explorer 

I think it's Chrome, I said Firefox does play audio, as well as Explorer 

what chrome version are you using

click the menu in the top right and click "about google chrome"

it will tell you there

Spoiler

it will tell you there

Says Version 44.0.2403.157 m, up to date.

it will tell you there

Actually, Smosh had audio now, just not Smosh Games.

Says Version 44.0.2403.157 m, up to date.

same as mine

i have no idea what could be causing the problem then :(

send a problem report to youtube i guess

Spoiler