Z97M-DS3H vs. H97-HD3

jNK

I was considering if I should get Gigabyte Z97M-DS3H a instead of a H97-HD3 motherboard on a tight budget gaming PC. Since the prices are exactly the same, which one should I get and is there any difference? These are the other PC specs:

CPU: CPU Core i5-4460 Quad 3.2GHz

RAM: DIMM 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz Kingston CL11

GPU: Gigabyte PCX GeForce GTX960 2GB GDDR5

HDD: HDD 3.5" 1TB Western Digital SATA3 64MB Caviar Blue 7200rpm

PSU: PSU 500W Deepcool DN500 Black 80Plus

Case: ATX Midi Tower Case Deepcool Tesseract SW Black

If you plan to upgrade you CPU at some point to one you can overclock go with the Z97. Otherwise it won't really matter, choose the on you think look prettiest or something.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B

What about the Gigabyte Z97P-D3 which has the same price as well. Although, yes, I might upgrade my CPU in the future so I might OC then.

If you plan to upgrade you CPU at some point to one you can overclock go with the Z97. Otherwise it won't really matter, choose the on you think look prettiest or something.

What about the Gigabyte Z97P-D3 which has the same price as well. Although, yes, I might upgrade my CPU in the future so I might OC then.

If your going with an ATX case you might as well go with the GA-Z97P-D3, it has the same features but it's a larger mobo with more slots.

PSU tier list // Motherboard tier list // Community Standards 

My System:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 3600, Gigabyte RTX 3060TI Gaming OC ProFractal Design Meshify C TG, 2x8GB G.Skill Ripjaws V 3200MHz, MSI B450 Gaming Plus MaxSamsung 850 EVO 512GB, 2TB WD BlueCorsair RM850x, LG 27GL83A-B