Can I upgrade to Windows 10 from Windows 8 and still have a lifetime activation?

I'm really worried about it because I have a group licence on my Windows 8 PC and I can't upgrade to Windows 8.1 via Windows Update. I can through installing it from the Internet, but it'll be in a test mode.

I don't have the GWX thing and Microsoft says that only users with Windows 7/8.1 can upgrade for free and still have it activated.

I have Windows 8 and I really want to upgrade and have it activated, but I'm not sure if by saying "7/8.1" users they mean this or "7/8/8.1".

What do you think? I couldn't find answer anywhere else.

Huge thanks in advance (it's really important to me),

Thomas

nope its not lifetime upgrade either the ones I had on my machines for a year of subscription. 

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

just upgrade to 8.1 then 10

nope its not lifetime upgrade either the ones I had on my machines for a year of subscription.

So I can upgrade for free but it's not activated for a lifetime but for a year? I'm not sure if I understood correctly.

This.

But the thing is that if I upgrade to 8.1 my Windows is no longer activated. I will be able to upgrade to 10 then easily through Windows Update, yes, but I don't think Microsoft is that stupid to let people get free Windowses by installing test versions and upgrading them to fully activated ones.

Or maybe I am wrong, but I don't think so.

There are ways of doing it, but it will involve methods that aren't particularly 100% kosher with Microsoft, like Microsoft Toolkit for example, and you'd have to find the specific route for you that works. I don't recommend that method.

I'd personally grab an edition of Windows 8.1 (or Pro, depends on what you need) and do it the 'proper' way. Licenses for Windows 8.1 (or Pro) are cheaper than what they were. You could even just bite the bullet and buy the Windows 10 license key from a local store or online. There's bound to be good deals where you live.

So I can upgrade for free but it's not activated for a lifetime but for a year? I'm not sure if I understood correctly.

What? When you upgrade to W10, it IS lifetime legit and activated...