Power supply Ripple.

shawn finkenstead

Some power supplies from Evga Corsair and others come with capacitors in the cables to help lower ripple. Question is When we use cables from like cablemod we lose the capacitors so how much ripple control do we lose? Haven't seen anything in a review but any input would be appreciated!

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU

Do you know of specific units that come with capacitors in the cables?

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Some power supplies from Evga Corsair and others come with capacitors in the cables to help lower ripple. Question is When we use cables from like cablemod we lose the capacitors so how much ripple control do we lose? Haven't seen anything in a review but any input would be appreciated!

You loose some power quality in terms, if there is a sudden demanded needed from the GPU or load for example but it's nothing that much since those capacitors are pretty small and can only hold so much power.

I am currently making a set of cables for the EVGA G2 and I've read it dosen't matter that much. Apparently may shorten the lifespan of the card but only by an insignificant margin. (Hence why the cablemod sets don't have them)

Do you know of specific units that come with capacitors in the cables?

evga g2

evga g2

The new Corsair RMI series does to.

I7 5820k, Asus X99 Sabertooth, 980Ti Classified, 32gb Gskill Ripjaws 4, Corsair Rm1000i, Samsung 950 Pro, Custom Loop Xspc Cpu Block Ek Gpu Block, Windows 10, Define S. Acer Predator XB271HU