Should I get a better cpu?

I don't have my actual pc built yet, but I have the part lists. I am wanting to make a cheap 300$ gaming PC. The CPU I am planning on getting is the FX-4100. The GPU is the 750ti. I'm not only wondering if there is a better CPU I can get for the price and keeping the budget, but is the GPU a little too good for the 4100? I don't want to cause a bottleneck. I made the CPU a little bit cheaper so I could get a better graphics card, since its for gaming. So any help will be greatly appreciated, thanks guys

the real budget CPu to get will be the Athlon 860K

its on a more recent socket which is the FM2+

and support for SATA3, PCI-E 3.0

the FX4100 is really slow and outdated

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

for a pc that cheap i'd recommend a a10 apu

Rigs I've Built

The Striker i5 4590 @ 3.7 ||  MSI GTX 980 Armor X2 || Corsair RMX 750 || Team Elite Plus 8 GB || Define S || MSI Z97S SLI Krait

The Office PC i3 4160 @ 3.6 || Intel 4600 || EVGA 500B || G.Skill 8 GB || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M Pro4

The Friend PC G3258 @ 4.3 || Sapphire R9 280X Tri-X || EVGA 600B || 8 GB Dell Ram || Cooler Master N200 || ASRock H97M- iTX/ac

The Mom Gaming PC A10-7890K @ 4.4 || iGPU + ASUS R7 250 ||  8 GB Klevv DDR3-2800 Mhz

the real budget CPu to get will be the Athlon 860K

its on a more recent socket which is the FM2+

and support for SATA3, PCI-E 3.0

the FX4100 is really slow and outdated

The FX 4100 is an AM3+, but the FM2+ more recent?

The FX 4100 is an AM3+, but the FM2+ more recent?

yes

you should be looking at the manufacturing date of the FX4100 vs the 860K

just for a info

http://www.overclock.net/t/1522956/860k-preliminary-results-vs-8320

the results above shows the FX8320 getting kick by its own younger bro the 860K in everything

Budget? Uses? Currency? Location? Operating System? Peripherals? Monitor? Use PCPartPicker wherever possible. 

Quote whom you're replying to, and set option to follow your topics. Or Else we can't see your reply.

yes

you should be looking at the manufacturing date of the FX4100 vs the 860K

just for a info

http://www.overclock.net/t/1522956/860k-preliminary-results-vs-8320

the results above shows the FX8320 getting kick by its own younger bro the 860K in everything

I'm thinking of changing to the Pentium. Which Pentium would be best for a cheap price

I'm thinking of changing to the Pentium. Which Pentium would be best for a cheap price

for cheap the G3258 any day

for cheap the G3258 any day

It's a dual core which was kinda what I was hoping to stay away from. How well would it run games with the GPU I have?

It's a dual core which was kinda what I was hoping to stay away from. How well would it run games with the GPU I have?

the Pentium and 750Ti are a good pair

if you want to step up

grab the i3 

the Pentium and 750Ti are a good pair

if you want to step up

grab the i3

Alright I believe I will switch to the Pentium. I'll look up some reviews and such just to be sure. Now how well does the Pentium run with games without overclocking

You'd be CPU limited, so anything that supports dual cores will run just fine (I have no problems running an E6500K with my GTX 650ti OC 2GB), you just need to remember the limitations of the CPU and to expect games recommending quad cores as the minimum to have issues. (Note that an i3 with its hyperthreading might as well be a quad core).

"We also blind small animals with cosmetics.
We do not sell cosmetics. We just blind animals."

"Please don't mistake us for Equifax. Those fuckers are evil"

This PSA brought to you by Equifacks.
PMSL

You'd be CPU limited, so anything that supports dual cores will run just fine (I have no problems running an E6500K with my GTX 650ti OC 2GB), you just need to remember the limitations of the CPU and to expect games recommending quad cores as the minimum to have issues. (Note that an i3 with its hyperthreading might as well be a quad core).

Yea i like that the i3 is basically a quad core. Although that takes the budget up, so I'll probably just upgrade to that later on. Thanks