Skype doubles in taskbar.

strykeofdesign

Unpin skype, quite skype then open it again, then pin it.

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

Uninstall Skype, and download it from the Skype website. Run that installer. You've got two instances, because one is likely the default Windows 10 Skype, and the other is the Skype for Desktop.

could be metro skype

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

Uninstall Skype, and download it from the Skype website. Run that installer. You've got two instances, because one is likely the default Windows 10 Skype, and the other is the Skype for Desktop.

It dosen't bother me lol I just wanted to show OP it isnt just him

tried already.

even unpinning the one that's "closed" and pinning the open one?

Case: NZXT Phantom PSU: EVGA G2 650w Motherboard: Asus Z97-Pro (Wifi-AC) CPU: 4690K @4.2ghz/1.2V Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 Ram: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866mhz GPU: Gigabyte G1 GTX970 Storage: (2x) WD Caviar Blue 1TB, Crucial MX100 256GB SSD, Samsung 840 SSD Wifi: TP Link WDN4800

Donkeys are love, Donkeys are life.                    "No answer means no problem!" - Luke 2015

?

The modern UI skype that is legacy 

Motherboard - Gigabyte P67A-UD5 Processor - Intel Core i7-2600K RAM - G.Skill Ripjaws @1600 8GB Graphics Cards  - MSI and EVGA GeForce GTX 580 SLI PSU - Cooler Master Silent Pro 1,000w SSD - OCZ Vertex 3 120GB x2 HDD - WD Caviar Black 1TB Case - Corsair Obsidian 600D Audio - Asus Xonar DG

Hail Sithis!

I think he means the app Skype you get from the Windows Store.

well, im using the desktop version

do you have any other skype menus open like the settings menu or something?

Edited by Godlygamer23

The issue isn't skype the issue is windows 10 and skype. They haven't been playing friendly with icons as of late. 

The issue isn't skype the issue is windows 10 and skype. They haven't been playing friendly with icons as of late. 

ok, will it be fixed?

ok, will it be fixed?

I would like to say yes. But this is a new os. The fix may be a ways out. 

I would like to say yes. But this is a new os. The fix may be a ways out. 

ok, thanks!

ok, thanks!

did you upgrade to win10 or did you do a clean install? If you upgraded is skype from 7/8.1? It may help to reinstall skype.

I think he means the app Skype you get from the Windows Store.

Not sure about anyone else, but clicking through the options to get that just took me to the Skype website for the Windows 7 version.

Eien nante naito iikitte shimattar  /  Amarinimo sabishikute setsunai deshou
Dare mo ga hontou wa shinjitai kedo  /  Uragirarere ba fukaku kizu tsuite shimau mono

did you upgrade to win10 or did you do a clean install? If you upgraded is skype from 7/8.1? It may help to reinstall skype.

it was a clean install

does it work for you?