worth to built waterloop?

@Deli , is it worth it, a full waterloop or a strix cooler on a 980ti?

so you would recommend taking another rad? Where should i place it in my h440?

yes your h220x is probably not enough to cool a gpu and cpu and front or top

@Deli , is it worth it, a full waterloop or a strix cooler on a 980ti?

I'd go the water cooling way. Your card runs at 50's *C instead of 70's *C and much quieter. Also cheaper.

A reference GTX980 Ti is €679 + EK water block €103. A ASUS Stris GTX980 Ti is €845. 

yes your h220x is probably not enough to cool a gpu and cpu and front or top

Luckily a rad is not expensive, do i need a resevoir?

Luckily a rad is not expensive, do i need a resevoir?

your h220x should have a reservoir and btw dont get the gpu block i linked http://www.frozencpu.com/products/26062/ex-blc-1933/Alphacool_NexXxoS_GPX_Nvidia_Geforce_GTX_980_M02_Liquid_Cooling_Block_w_Backplate_11196.html this is the reference gpu block also i would recommend buying more tubing than just one in case you mess up a cut or something. also you need to buy two 120mm fans for the radiator

your h220x should have a reservoir and btw dont get the gpu block i linked http://www.frozencpu.com/products/26062/ex-blc-1933/Alphacool_NexXxoS_GPX_Nvidia_Geforce_GTX_980_M02_Liquid_Cooling_Block_w_Backplate_11196.html this is the reference gpu block also i would recommend buying more tubing than just one in case you mess up a cut or something

Do not link anything frozen cpu the company is out of buisness us performance pcs instead

Do not link anything frozen cpu the company is out of buisness us performance pcs instead

i thought its a rumor and the ceo said they are working with a skeleton crew and will be back to 100% employee operation soon

i thought its a rumor and the ceo said they are working with a skeleton crew and will be back to 100% employee operation soon

doesnt matter, just needed the names.

Well it's just a rumor and there are people that have had items that have not been accounted for, just don't link any from them still

have 2 fans somewhere. Distilled water is not that expensive right?

yep its not expensive

yep its not expensive

is building a watercooloop risky?

is building a watercooloop risky?

if you look up tutorials (i suggest jayztwocents tutorials) and follow what they do it should be fine and put paper towers 

oh and derp you should probably use the radiator hes using if you are tight on budget

http://www.amazon.com/XSPC-EX240-Profile-Copper-Radiator/dp/B0067LW8RY

also the pt nuke is a good idea

if you look up tutorials (i suggest jayztwocents tutorials) and follow what they do it should be fine and put paper towers 

I have a friend who has made a customwaterloop, but another friend of mine says its not worth the time and the risk.

I have a friend who has made a customwaterloop, but another friend of mine says its not worth the time and the risk.

well distilled water is not going to be conductive for a while and if you bleed test it correctly its probably not going to leak and yes its probably going to take a long time to build but its up to you to decide whether or not its worth it. but i can say that the risk is minimal

Wont i need a bigger resevoir or an extra rad? and what are kill coils?

you will be able to get by with the cpu cooler itself since you are tight on the budget. If im not mistaken, you should be able to fill the small res built into the cooler.

A kill coil is basically a piece of silver in the liquid that prevents organic growth. you wont need it if you buy the coolant/ concentrate.

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

More then half your budget will be blown on the gpu block alone. My advice is get your cpu loop setup, then spend the money for your gpu block. Use performance pcs to get parts but gpu waterblocks here are generally around 100$ usd and there are usually a bit higher for brand new cards. Also since it's a non reference design that will add more to the cost. luckly u have a cooler ready for customization so the components u need are really some tubing, compression fittings and a 3x120mm rad for the front of your case. I would do that first, reduce your cup temps and then look into a waterblock for the gpu. Take it a step at a time, don't go all out on your first custom loop.

@jackm1120 , im thinking of returning the strix, buy a reference cooler, also i have the pump and the recevoir, so i only need an extra rad, gpublock, tubes and fittings

Yeah that's the beauty of your system. Personally I'd go with a big 3x120mm radiator in the front, and to make it count don't get a thin one, u want it as thick as possible. Also use 7/8od, 5/8in tubing.

One more thing, I don't know about frozencpus.com for parts. They had some problems and I've been going with prefoamcepcs.com

Order compression fittings, and add a few extra and maybe some g1/4inch caps to seal off radiators or comonents if u have to take it apart. U can always clamp the tubing if u need to add or change something

Hi just wanted to share, im using h240x and expanded it to cool my GTX970 in sli mode, the pump alone is strong enough to accommodate the loop :)
The 'unfriendly' part is, the fill port(i didnt add any extra res). I mount my h240x on top of the chasis, so need to put the chasis back-way up to refill it. Personally, its worth it if ure really have ur interest with pc and watercooling :D

So for my loop, i added 1x 120mm rad, 1x 240mm rad, 2x gpu blocks, 6x fittings, and some tubings.

Here's there picture of it. :)

10268791_1141659822514715_1902329260_n.j

heres my method, any suggestions are welcome :)
11417322_938218229553280_534002956_n.jpg

Hope TS wouldnt mind me sharing :) Thx

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator 

@3teng , nice. What are ur temps btw?

Thanks @sbocky, idle temps around 33-36'c gpus. Cpu around 36-39'c.

Load temps usually for gpus under 50'c ,can say average 43-48'c. cpu much a bit hot around 53'c-60'c. Depends on load :)

Im living in tropical climate, its quite hot all year long here :)

I5 4690K | G1 GTX970 SLI | Z97 Extreme4 | 16GB Avexir Raiden 2133Mhz | Seasonic P-760 | 1.5TB HDD | 128GB SSD | Swiftech H240x | EK-FC970 WF3 Waterblock x2 Windows 10 Home 64Bit | AOC GP2460PQU 144Hz | NZXT Source 530 | 3x CM Jetflo Blue 120mm | 2x Swiftech Helix 140mm | 120mm GTS Radiator | 240mm GTS Radiator