i need help with my pc

Joni Bravo

Hey guys, im new to this forum and i need help with my pc

I've just bought my new pc to game on.

Everything went well building and so on.

I have reinstalled windows 8.1 so everything on my disk is gone and so on.

For some reason when i play a game it's stuttering nonstop no matter what settings i have. At first i thought it might be the internet because my internet is realy bad and i played an online game.

But then i tried an offline game that doesn't require any good specs (every pc would run at max settings and 60+fps) but it still keeps stuttering.

this problem also started before i bought my new pc and it came from nothing.

My specs:

(motherboard) MSI Z97 Gaming 5

(cpu) i7 4790K

(gpu) MSI GTX 980

(memory) G.Skill 2133mhz  4x4Gb

(disk) crucial ssd 500gb

and a 600W power supply

Hope anyone can help because i want to buy GTA 5 and play with my friends but i want to solve this first :P

(sorry if i'm miss spelling some stuff. i suck at english :P)

And i'm new to the pc gaming so i don't know much about many programs and how to change some stuff

For some reason when i play a game it's stuttering nonstop no matter what settings i have. At first i thought it might be the internet because my internet is realy bad and i played an online game.

But then i tried an offline game that doesn't require any good specs (every pc would run at max settings and 60+fps) but it still keeps stuttering.

My specs:

(cpu) i7 4790K

(gpu) MSI GTX 980

(disk) crucial ssd 500gb

and a 600W power supply

Hope anyone can help because i want to buy GTA 5 and play with my friends but i want to solve this first :P

And i'm new to the pc gaming so i don't know much about many programs and how to change some stuff

Did you download the newest drivers from the NVidia website for your graphics card?

Have you optimized your ssd yet?

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Wut?! ôo

There isn't anything to optimize. I never heard of optimiziing a SSD.

You just plug it in and let it do its thing.

Have you checked the temps?

Aida64 is a nice program to check it.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Wut?! ôo

Some SSD's can optimize themselves, Samsung SSD's for example can be optimized through the Magician software they have.

If you want my attention, quote meh! D: or just stick an @samcool55 in your post :3

Spying on everyone to fight against terrorism is like shooting a mosquito with a cannon

Wut?! ôo

Maybe you should look it up then. If you want I have a list I use every time I install a ssd into a personal or customer computer.

CPU: A10-6800k @ 4.7 Motherboard: Asus A88X-Plus RAM: Kingston HyperX 2 x 4 GB GPU: PNY GTX 660 Case: Corsair 450D Storage: 500 GB Samsung 850 Evo, 120 GB Samsung 840 Evo, 1 TB WD Blue PSU: Corsair HX750i Display(s): Asus VS248H-P Cooling: Noctua NH-D14 Keyboard: Amazon Special Mouse: Corsair Raptor M45 Sound: Amazon Special Operating System: Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Gone try now

Some SSD's can optimize themselves, Samsung SSD's for example can be optimized through the Magician software they have.

Maybe you should look it up then. If you want I have a list I use every time I install a ssd into a personal or customer computer.

Okay, that's interesting. I need that magican software now.

I didn't even know that that was possible.

I ran a benchmark on my 850Evo 1TB and maxed out SATA3, so I thought that should be good enough :P

Edit: Oh yeah, that list would be nice to have! Where did you get it?

I dont use any software. Just go in and change things myself.

My specs:

(cpu) i7 4790K

(gpu) MSI GTX 980

(disk) crucial ssd 500gb

and a 600W power supply

you might need drivers. 

Also, make sure you monitor isnt the one messing up. 

I am a ... NVIDIA FANBOY!

I ran a benchmark on my 850Evo 1TB and maxed out SATA3, so I thought that should be good enough :P

I don't know crucial have that too, i think they don't. Well i can't find the option  on my pc, maybe you can :P

Magician can also enable rapid, firmware upgrade and some other stuff.

The other tech I work with found it online, but it had some stuff we didn't use so I went ahead and made my own. If you want it I will gladly email it to you.

Edit: Oh yeah, that list would be nice to have! Where did you get it?

Have you checked the temps?

Aida64 is a nice program to check it.

i just tried to check on resource monitor what the pc is doing when i played CS:GO private server for a test and i was wondering if the cpu should be at 10-20%

http://gyazo.com/945bd2e1d54d9c9e8613458fa5a40115

The top one is my cpu usage

i just tried to check on resource monitor what the pc is doing when i played CS:GO private server for a test and i was wondering if the cpu should be at 10-20%

http://gyazo.com/945bd2e1d54d9c9e8613458fa5a40115

The top one is my cpu usage

It's possible the cpu is stuck at a low multiplier, might be because of thermal issues.

As i said, install aida64 and check temps, it's possible the cooler isn't mounted properly and the cpu is overheating.

It's possible the cpu is stuck at a low multiplier, might be because of thermal issues.

As i said, install aida64 and check temps, it's possible the cooler isn't mounted properly and the cpu is overheating.

i guess the cpu isn't meant to be at 95C so i should open my pc en check the fan..?

i guess the cpu isn't meant to be at 95C so i should open my pc en check the fan..?

Well that explans the problem.

Now we need to solve it, check the fan first, if that is working, remove the cooler and check if the thermal paste is applied properly.

I can safely assume you have just stock cooler. Get some aftermarket one. Intels stock cooler isn't quite enough for i7 CPU. While you also have problem with stock mounting.

Good low budget coolers are 212 Evo and Pure Rock.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv