Do my monitors need an upgrade?

I'm just going to be honest i don't know like jack shiz about monitors. I have no idea how good my monitors are i know they work so that's good. I have had them for some time and i don't know if i should be upgrading soon or running them into the ground. What do you think? BTW i don't think they even make these monitors anymore.

I have 2x two- Ativa™ AT240HP 23.6" Widescreen LCD Monitor, Black http://www.officedepot.com/a/products/416907/Ativa-AT240HP-236-Widescreen-LCD-Monitor/

I have 1x One- HP 2310m http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176159

Well, all these monitors are 1080p so it's honestly up to you what you want to do. If I were you on the other hand, I'd upgrade to 1440p if your GPU can handle it.

Taran should run for president!

I really don't want to sound dumb but I'm a 16 year old kid who learned about PC's and i spent all my time in the past years researching pc parts but never thought about monitors. Could you explain the difference between 1080, 1440, and 4k? If I'm understanding correctly it's just the pixels. Here is my build please give me some feedback and let me know if i can run 1440p? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/405466-gaming-pc-upgraded-need-opinions/#entry5464489

I see you have a reference R9 290...

Yes it'll run games at 1080p but not with details maxed out.

I'd get it custom cooled before anything else. Maybe a Corsair HG10 with one of their AIO coolers, or an Arctic Accelero IV if you have the space for it.

What card would you need to play on a 1440p? Do most gamers have 1440p or is it just something special? What's the big difference between 1080 and 1440p? Besides looking better.

To play at 1440p comfortably with a good amount of eye candy, most people would get a 290X or GTX 970 or better. You get better pixel density, viewing space and thus image quality with a higher resolution screen. It is not a necessity to go 1440p, just the 'bigger is better' notion that goes for anything out there.

Personally I have a 290X for my 1080p screen. But I got the card because it was on big discount, and I just want to be able to brute force all those crappy Gamewrecked console ports for years to come (If I ever decided to forgo some sanity to play those games)

I recommend getting an IPS screen first if you want a new monitor. You will see a striking color improvement as if your old screens were covered in grime the whole time. The move up to 1440p is going to cost significantly more.

What's an IPS? Ok i kinda get what an IPS monitor is but what's a solid brand for gaming? Also how do i know if i want a 27" monitor or just a 23" ? I've never tried 27" monitor for pc gaming. Does it make it harder to react because you can't see the entire screen? What do the pros use?

I heard IPS is for like editing and photo people. while TN is for gaming. If i was to buy another TN monitor would i notice a big difference in quality from a new TN Gaming monitor vs my current monitors?

Yes, you should update and IPS can also be used for gaming, for better viewing experience.

I would prefer faster response times though. Any solid Gaming Monitors for a reasonable price?