Laptop Protection?

af19

Hello all,

I decided to go with the mid-model of the MacBook Pro Retina 13 (2.7 GHz i5, 256 GB SSD, and 8 GB RAM) and I want to protect  it. Originally I wanted to go with a laptop backpack and a DBrand skin but I am not sure if that will suffice. How do y'all protect your laptops and would you recommend a better way?

Sincerely af19

Hello all,

I decided to go with the mid-model of the MacBook Pro Retina 13 (2.7 GHz i5, 256 GB SSD, and 8 GB RAM) and I want to protect  it. Originally I wanted to go with a laptop backpack and a DBrand skin but I am not sure if that will suffice. How do y'all protect your laptops and would you recommend a better way?

Sincerely af19

I don't protect mine at all. I simply use my brain and don't drop it out of the 20th floor.

A normal backpack or something like that is enough if you know what you're doing.

Just don't drop it. 

CPU - FX 8350 @ 4.5GHZ GPU - Radeon 5700  Mobo - M5A99FX Pro R2.0 RAM - Crucial Ballistix 16GB @ 1600 PSU - Corsair CX600M CPU Cooler - Hyper 212 EVO Storage - Samsung EVO 250GB, WD Blue 1TB

Protect it as if it was your baby. I'd think it's quite hard to drop a laptop, unless you're clumsy. I'd go ahead and get a Dbrand skin and buy a backpack with a laptop sleeve big enough to fit the Macbook. With the Mac it has the Magsafe connector so if you accidentally drag the cable it'll unhook, rather than drag your laptop with it.

Wanted Build: i5 4690K, Z97-A, Vengeance 16GB, Samsung 256GB SSD, 980TI, Phanteks Enthoo Evolv ATX

Keyboard: Blackwidow Chroma Mouse: G502 Headset: Skullcandy PLYR 2 Phone: Samsung S6 Edge Tablet: iPad 2

Investing in becoming a Logitech fanboi?

Hello all,

Sincerely af19

If you can manage to scuff or damage a 13" pro, you will be extremely unlucky, skins are horrible, 99% of the point of owning the macbook is for its gorgeous chassis! dont cover it up with crappy plastic

my brothers 2008 macbook pro 15 is still in close to pristine condition and has never been in a or any protectors 

he carries it in an Incase backpack to work every day

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I have had my Y50 for over a year, have never dropped it, and the only "damage" it has sustained is very small nicks and scuffs of the brushed aluminum housing. So I think a Dbrand skin would work just fine, as long as you aren't an absolute clutz and repeatedly drop it.

Laptop - Lenovo Y50   Keyboard - Corsair K95 RGB Cherry MX Brown   Mouse - Logitech G502 Proteus Core   Mousepad - Razer Firefly

Please read the LTT Code of Conduct before submitting a post