Which to go for?

JMJenkins

So when I get the new PC, I want to get a new screen as well as my current one is dying on me. I'll be getting a single GTX 980 Ti for now, and if I truly need it in the future, possibly a 2nd for SLI.

So here are my choices which I'm torn for, I've never used 1440p before and I know it's more graphically demanding, but people say 1440p is the best (apart from a stable 60fps/4k) looking for games,  

1080p/144hz/G-Sync/24inch/1ms GTG

1080p/144hz/G-Sync/27inch/1ms GTG

1440p/144hz/G-Sync/27inch/IPS/4ms GTG

Would it be worth the extra bucks to get a higher resolution with that single 980 Ti but lower some graphics to stay in the 60+ FPS regions for the newer games when they come out? If you don't know what I mean by newer games, just have a look at some of the E3 videos. Also another big thing would be Star Citizen, I've been sucked into the hype.

Depends what you can afford... The third one is almost double the price of the first one, and to some people that money is better put towards something else.

"Rawr XD"

yupirun my r9 290 at 1080p and can max every thing out at 60+fps so 1440p definitely 

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

Depends what you can afford... The third one is almost double the price of the first one, and to some people that money is better put towards something else.

Money is okay, it's the main reason why I'm torn tbh, is it really worth the double price to experience G-Sync 1440p with IPS but lower some settings to keep the 60-144fps, I'm sure I wouldn't have to lower much but there seems to be quite a few open world games coming out and I have a feeling those are going to take the largest impact.

I would really love to go 1440p, but I must go with a single 980 Ti first unless Black Friday decides to have some awesome sales and let's me get a cheaper PC and buy 2 GTX 980 Ti's for SLI.

yupirun my r9 290 at 1080p and can max every thing out at 60+fps so 1440p definitely 

Well I've watched 2 benchmarks on youtube showing some graphically demanding games, for 1080p and 1440p, though I'm not exactly against turning some settings down to stay above 60fps since G-Sync is on, it should keep it smooth enough so I'm not disappointed.