So your thinking of getting a h220x/h240x? Don't

Hello people.

I am basically going to just come out and say that this cooler is annoying AF! Allow me to elaborate:

Sometimes when i coldboot my pc the pump wont start up. Cooking my 5930k. (i have checked all connectors thoroughly and everything is in OK. Also i have a p2 1200w psu so i should be fine with power)

Generally the pump has an annoying whine to it. mine has not gotten to this guys stage yet but the next step for the horseshit pump is this or death.(video below)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVr_pt5XucM

I do not own this video. Nightmare2993 Has the rights to it and i am purely using it as an example.

Lastly even though the pump can be DC controlled i would have it set on an rpm profile it would ignore some times. for example it would run at full speed with all of the lovely whine as well. i would have to manually choose the profile again for it to ramp back down.

I do not even trust to add a potato to this loop in the near future let alone a titan x.

The pumps in swiftechs products are just purely shitty and they need to do something about it rather than just adding an X to the end of a previous model and throwing some f**king lights on it.

Do not buy this product. 9/10 you will receive a defective product with their shitty pump. BUY AN AIO OR DO A CUSTOM LOOP!!

- Pasha786

Laptop: Gigabyte AERO 15X - i7 8750h, gtx 1070, 16gb ddr4, 2TB Samsung NVME

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

#stockcoolermasterrace

#stockcoolermasterrace

i cannot agree any more with your hashtag. 

Current Build:NZXT h440, Intel i7 5930k, Corsair H100i, Asus x99 deluxe, 16gb Corsair Vengeance 2666mhz LPX, Evga 1080ti hybrid SLI, Evga supernova 1200w, Lg 34gk950f monitor, 2x Samsung 850 Pro in Raid 0 <p>

Hello people.

SNIP

What your describing there sounds like a software / bios issue rather than a pump fault. Remember the pump runs by the motherboard checking temperature and then telling the pump how hard to run...

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

Well I generally wouldn't want something like this. If you plan to do more than a simple CPU loop, then you should be getting a better pump and more flexible components. If you won't expand, you can get a better AIO for less.

What your describing there sounds like a software / bios issue rather than a pump fault. Remember the pump runs by the motherboard checking temperature and then telling the pump how hard to run...

That is what i thought. but i got this fan rpm controller with a wheel on it to adjust the speed and it still tends to do the same thing.

Well I generally wouldn't want something like this. If you plan to do more than a simple CPU loop, then you should be getting a better pump and more flexible components. If you won't expand, you can get a better AIO for less.

Exactly, i thought i would upgrade from a h100i because of the reservoir and the ability to control the pump rpm

That's a shame, I wanted to get an H-220x to replace my corsair h110. I like how you can see the coolant in it, and I was always curious about how it would perform expanded.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

That's a shame, I wanted to get an H-220x to replace my corsair h110. I like how you can see the coolant in it, and I was always curious about how it would perform expanded.

I liked it because of the coolant too. But with their being so many defective units having to be RMA'd then it is not worth getting one at all.

I liked it because of the coolant too. But with their being so many defective units having to be RMA'd then it is not worth getting one at all.

I'm wondering if it would be worth while to buy it, and an decent pump, and just leave the built in pump unplugged. The reason I wonder about that, is because you get a reservoir, radiator, and cpu block for far less than any pre-packaged kit I am aware of.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Just because your sample "might" be faulty, doesn't mean this is a shitty product. There are many people happy with their H220X and H240X, me included.

I had three bad Corsair AIOs either with noisy rattling pumps, or just went dead. However, I didn't go out to tell everyone don't buy Corsair AIOs. 

If your logic is if one has a faulty sample, other people shouldn't buy the product. Then can you show me which AIO has 100% perfect record?