Skylake coming in first week of August?

The first Skylake chips will be high-end gaming processors that can be overclocked, and will be launched on or before August 7 during the Gamescom conference in Cologne, Germany, which runs from August 5 to 9, according to a source familiar with Intel’s plan.

Intel will also shed more technical details about Skylake at its Intel Developer Forum, which will be held between August 18 and 20 in San Francisco. Intel will talk about how Skylake will improve the experience of using Microsoft’s Windows 10, which will be in PCs starting July 29.

Article: http://www.pcworld.com/article/2943452/intels-first-skylake-chips-coming-in-first-week-of-august.html

Looks like the overclockable Intel chips are getting pretty close. In one month Intel is rumored to launch the high-end "K" series CPU's and the locked ones later. 

Dell, Hewlett-Packard and Asus will ship Windows 10 PCs based on Skylake in the second half this year. It’s not clear when the chip will reach Macs, and Intel tends not to speak on Apple’s behalf.

skylake-reference-design-100594598-large

I really want it to be around end of july.

Slick:

I don't care if you are right or wrong... someone will come around and correct you if you are wrong. What people need to realize is that we need to step up as a community and get above the pathetic fights and bickering. Share knowledge, be friendly, enjoy your stay.

He also forgot to mention if you dont know about the topic then dont make stuff up. Dont claim fake or assume things just by reading the title, Read the post. It doesnt matter if you made 3,000 as it could be mostly crap...

I really want it to be around end of july.

What difference will it make ?

Sounds good.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

KennyS and ScreaM are my role models in CSGO.

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I sense... a replacement of computer parts...

Why ?

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

CPU: i3-4130 Motherboard: Gigabyte H81M-S2PH RAM: 8GB Kingston hyperx fury HDD: WD caviar black 1TB GPU: MSI 750TI twin frozr II Case: Aerocool Xpredator X3 PSU: Corsair RM650

I have a 2600k, the processor itself is still decent but the motherboard is lacking... so I'm waiting for Skylake :D

to enjoy the skylake goodness

So gooooood.

ﷲ   Muslim Member  ﷲ

If Skylake is like Conroe from Prescott(Haswell) again then AMD's screwed.

Zen might be around Haswell...

http://wccftech.com/intels-broadwell-skylake-uarch-transition-big-prescott-conroe/

Meaning like this:

Prescott(Haswell) to Conroe(Skylake)

SkyLake won't be a game changer, they couldn't react to Zen from May 2015, when AMD confirmed huge IPC increase.

Also, Intel has delayed Cannonlake because 10nm won't be ready for 2016. Instead, we have Kaby Lake that seems to be a new tock, and that's interesting be a use they have broken the tick tock system (used since conroe times)

PS: that's a shit article made by the asumption that removing IVR means big architectural change, which is bullshit because it was implemented with Ivy Bridge, and between Ivy and Haswell there haven't been sustancial changes.

AMD 860K @ 4.3GHz ; Kingston HyperX Fury 2400MHz ; Asus A88XM-Plus ; Sapphire R9 270X 2GB ; 600W Tacens Radix VII AG 80+Silver  ; Cooler Master TX3 Evo

Time to fire up Ebay ;)

Personally I'm more interested in Cannonlake.

SkyLake won't be a game changer, they couldn't react to Zen from May 2015, when AMD confirmed huge IPC increase.

Also, Intel has delayed Cannonlake because 10nm won't be ready for 2016. Instead, we have Kaby Lake that seems to be a new tock, and that's interesting be a use they have broken the tick tock system (used since conroe times)

PS: that's a shit article made by the asumption that removing IVR means big architectural change, which is bullshit because it was implemented with Ivy Bridge, and between Ivy and Haswell there haven't been sustancial changes.

The delay of Cannonlake is not confirmed. Furthermore, Intel could very well be introducing new subdivisions in its tick-tock cadence. Skylake will have a slightly tweaked and larger graphics processor as compared to Broadwell but will otherwise primarily be the release of a brand new CPU architecture. Kaby Lake is going to get the next graphics platform at the same 14nm process (likely tweaked) with the same Skylake architecture likely clocked a touch higher. Cannonlake brings on 10nm and AVX 512 for consumer chips and a tweaked graphics engine from the one with Kaby Lake. If Intel adds another half generation, then Intel's cadence will be widened to a pattern of 4 between CPU and GPU architecture improvements within the same 1.5-2.5 year time frame.

Actually between Ivy and Haswell is a near doubling of compute power, though you do need the software built to properly leverage it. 2600K at 4.8 GHz on 4 cores is half as powerful as the 4790K with all cores going at 4.2GHz assuming no bandwidth or I/O bottlenecks.

Also, be aware Intel has to drive its own sales in a shrinking market. Skylake could very well be a game changer on its own without having to react to Zen's announcement.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd

I'll probably wait for Zen.

Though, as usual, a 100/100 motherboard in terms of features will convince me. (AsRock, I'm looking at you, make the mATX z170 ExtremeM amazing with at least dual NIC, 6+ SATA3, plenty of fan headers, two full size PCIe slots two spaces apart and most importantly - that sexy gold/ copper look)

And if I end up buying into Skylake, AMD better not make the Zen's socket so big again that mini-ITX boards won't exist, because that's what I'll have room for in my case if I get mATX from Skylake.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Kaby is kind of like Devil's Canyon.

When I make a post, unless I am the original poster or ask for a reply, don't bother replying or quoting me because I don't read them.

Kaby is kind of like Devil's Canyon.

It's more than that. It introduces Gen 9 graphics, where Cannonlake will bear Gen 9.5. Kaby gets an H.265/HEVC transcoder as well and (supposedly) a 256MB L4 cache instead of just a 128MB one.

I suspect Intel is moving to double-pump its chip cadence to move between lithographies, CPU architectures, and GPU architectures to minimize its risk at each step.

Software Engineer for Suncorp (Australia), Computer Tech Enthusiast, Miami University Graduate, Nerd