Sony Is Not a Very Nice Company (Customer Support Issue)

Guest Philosophy

I got my credit card stolen. Someone bought tons of Sony merchandise and when I called Sony to cancel the orders. They were like we can't do that. You are not the one that placed the order. They said " We don't deal with kids who order something then decide they don't want it" My bank told me to call Sony and typically they can refund the money quickly (Over 200 bucks). I went back to the bank. They ate the money and credited my account the amount back. Then me and the bank manager started a fraud investigation involving the police, to see who bought the stuff and get them locked up.  I have not owned a PlayStation since PS2. And my card is in no way attached as it is only a couple months old. 

wow id try and find someone from sony to complain too that is EXTREMELY unprofessional.

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit

wow id try and find someone from sony to complain too that is EXTREMELY unprofessional.

Whoever stole your credit card is a dumbass

Agreed. 

Wow, hopefully that was just one bad rep and the rest aren't like them.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

I agree. Who the hell thinks it's smart to steal a CREDIT CARD of all things?

Particularly im talking about buying a shit ton from the same company which makes it easier to find who ever the "dumbass" was

I got my credit card stolen. Someone bought tons of Sony merchandise and when I called Sony to cancel the orders. They were like we can't do that. You are not the one that placed the order. They said " We don't deal with kids who order something then decide they don't want it" My bank told me to call Sony and typically they can refund the money quickly (Over 200 bucks). I went back to the bank. They ate the money and credited my account the amount back. Then me and the bank manager started a fraud investigation involving the police, to see who bought the stuff and get them locked up.  I have not owned a PlayStation since PS2. And my card is in no way attached as it is only a couple months old. 

By all means you should cancel your credit card and not the things they bought

I agree. Who the hell thinks it's smart to steal a CREDIT CARD of all things?

It was a digital theft not psychical.

By all means you should cancel your credit card and not the things they bought

Of course. I already did. 

wait isn't the credit card company the one that needs to deal with this and not you going to sony? luckily I haven't had to face this situation *knocks on wood*

I've never had issues with sony's support, FYI the support is localized don't blame sony as a whole when it's actually an issue with Sony support in your country.

Well I hope everything ends well for you.

Although I'm a bit confused how you got you card stolen exactly.....

I recall something about Sony's dealing with identity theft and purchases made with stolen details, being on UK Watchdog; essentially saying that hundreds of people with similar situations had been denied help by Sony and refused refunds. 

Make your status known to them, be assertive and let them know what you're currently doing and what you will do if they continue to deny you a refund. Plus, if they don't, your bank will and then they'll only have to refund your bank... 

Plus, surely if you can prove that you haven't received any goods, and they can't prove they have delivered any goods (which they can't have), they would be obliged to refund you anyway under the Consumer Protection Act? *(That is if you're in a country with the legislation or a similar one in place.)

I've never had issues with sony's support, FYI the support is localized don't blame sony as a whole when it's actually an issue with Sony support in your country.

Well I hope everything ends well for you.

Are Sony not responsible for their regional support? 

I recall something about Sony's dealing with identity theft and purchases made with stolen details, being on UK Watchdog; essentially saying that hundreds of people with similar situations had been denied help by Sony and refused refunds. 

Make your status known to them, be assertive and let them know what you're currently doing and what you will do if they continue to deny you a refund. Plus, if they don't, your bank will and then they'll only have to refund your bank... 

Plus, surely if you can prove that you haven't received any goods, and they can't prove they have delivered any goods (which they can't have), they would be obliged to refund you anyway under the Consumer Protection Act?

Yeah, I have made myself known. I got like tier three support eventually. They still did nothing. So now my bank and local sheriff's office is investigating. 

Not the main HQ, the regional office is. You think sony Japan has time to monitor every Sony related branch in the world?

That's not how thing 's work.

Well, it kind of is... Sony is one organisation... The 'main HQ' is responsible for their regional offices, which in turn those are responsible for their regions; even the largest organisation don't just hand control of their operations in a particular area to someone and have no more input or overseeing of it. 

Well, it kind of is... Sony is one organisation... The 'main HQ' is responsible for their regional offices, which in turn those are responsible for their regions; even the largest organisation don't just hand control of their operations in a particular area to someone and have no more input or overseeing of it.

If you put it that way then yes, however In this case it's the regional office that is the issue, not sony as a whole, the title of this thread makes it sound like Sony as a whole is the problem when in fact it's the regional support Center.

Also when there are issues, in this case bad personal. The regional/local office have to deal with it, not Sony as a whole.

If you put it that way then yes,however In this case it's the regional office that is the issue, not sony as a whole, the title of this thread makes it sound do like Sony as a whole is the problem when in fact it's the regional support Center.

Well yes, but Sony are still responsible for ensuring that their regional offices are doing an appropriate job and to their guidelines and policies... The regional support should have done a better job, the big bosses at Sony should also do a better job in making sure their regional support is up to standard. 

Well yes, but Sony are still responsible for ensuring that their regional offices are doing an appropriate job and to their guidelines and policies... The regional support should have done a better job, the big bosses at Sony should also do a better job in making sure their regional support is up to standard.

Actually no, they have someone in charge for that In each area, or they should be, that's how it is at work at least, we have a plant chef, and he deals with the shit over here, if there is bad personal he will deal with it himself, not run to the top dogs about it.

They have more important things go to do then deal with minor stuff like bad personal.

It is his job to make sure those that work here follow the standards and whatnot.

Actually no, they have someone in charge for that In each area, or they should be, that's how it is at work at least, we have a plant chef, and he deals with the shit over here, if there is bad personal he will deal with it himself, not run to the top dogs about it.

They have more important things go to do then deal with minor stuff like bad personal.

It is his job to make sure those that work here follow the standards and whatnot.

You're not seeing my point... Using your example as an example, in this case, the plant chef (the person in charge of the regional operation) is not doing their job properly, and isn't dealing with it, the top dog (Sony) should then deal with that person responsible for overseeing the regional operation... 

You're not seeing my point... Using your example as an example, in this case, the plant chef (the person in charge of the regional operation) is not doing their job properly, and isn't dealing with it, the top dog (Sony) should then deal with that person responsible for overseeing the regional operation...

possible however If the plant chef is not doing his job he would get fired and replaced with someone Capable of fulfilling Sony's standards.

they will do it in a heartbeat.

So if whoever is in charge at the regional sony office is, I this case not doing something about the bad support, and Sony HQ get a wind about it, he is out.

Same goes for the bad support person.

It would be overkill and a waste of time and money for Sony Japan to have themself deal with that one bad guy that deals with the support tickets in a different country.

That is the job of the local boss, it is his job to make shit work, if it doesn't work THEN Sony Japan will take action.

Do you think bill Gates would deal with bad Microsoft support in Ireland himself? Oh hell no, he got someone in Ireland to keep that place in check.