GTA V runs very badly

Fatelinha

Hi guys  :(

So I finished downloading this massive game earlier today. Hurray!! But not. 

My specs are as follows: 

Intel Core2Quad Q9400 @ 3.00Ghz

4 GB RAM

EDIT: R9 270x (please don't kill me for the 970 mistake)

I can run prett much any game at low-mid settings but not this one :( I've turned all the settings down and still get horrible FPS.

My specs are above or equal to the minimum specs so it should run smoothly at least at minimum quality shouldn't it?

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

Lenovo Y520 - GTX1050Ti - i77700k - 250GB Samsung M.2 NVME SSD  :D 

4GB RAM definitely isn't enough for AAA gaming.

This is true. We're finally seeing 64-bit gaming becoming common and games pretty often want 4GB just to themselves. This is what prompted me to stop thinking that 8GB was enough, let alone 4GB.

Also a core 2 quad and what I assume is a 270X... yeah I'm not surprised GTA V runs badly.

Your 4gbs are holdin ya back.

4GB RAM is likely a big reason.

say that again

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

damn I really want that r9 970x you got there... odd that you are not getting 650 fps xD

seriously though, do you have the amd drivers for the game? A buddy said that he had some problems bfore he updated and now they are gone (generally what happens with driver updates)

edit: Im not good with older cpus, but does the core 2 quad have 4 cores, or 2?

Cpu: Ryzen 2700 @ 4.0Ghz | Motherboard: Hero VI x370 | Gpu: EVGA RTX 2080 | Cooler: Custom Water loop | Ram: 16GB Trident Z 3000MHz

PSU: RM650x + Braided cables | Case:  painted Corsair c70 | Monitor: MSI 1440p 144hz VA | Drives: 500GB 850 Evo (OS)

Laptop: 2014 Razer blade 14" Desktop: http://imgur.com/AQZh2sj , http://imgur.com/ukAXerd

say that again

There is a giant annotation that says READ DESCRIPTION. And in the description:

The game has some stuttering (at the end of the video mostly, when I exploded everything) due to the 4GB of ram (I'm using the same graphic settings as in my first GTA V video) NOTE: I installed windows a few days ago so I have as much ram available as possible, if you have problems with 4GB of ram, do a fresh windows installation. (After playing a while with 4GB of ram I started getting stuttering all over the place :/try getting 8GB of ram for a better experience, the stutters seem to get worse and worse as you play it)

"Rawr XD"

wait what gpu is that?

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

Read the video's description.

The game has some stuttering (at the end of the video mostly, when I exploded everything) due to the 4GB of ram (I'm using the same graphic settings as in my first GTA V video) NOTE: I installed windows a few days ago so I have as much ram available as possible, if you have problems with 4GB of ram, do a fresh windows installation. (After playing a while with 4GB of ram I started getting stuttering all over the place :/try getting 8GB of ram for a better experience, the stutters seem to get worse and worse as you play it)

but it works. and I have seen people on reddit playing it with 4gb  :lol:

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

Core 2 Quad

"Rawr XD"

It's the processor. Get an i3 or an i5. (if you have the extra money, it's worth it)

but it works. and I have seen people on reddit playing it with 4gb  :lol:

Again almost maxing out RAM, and that performance is quite below what to expect from a GTX 650 in GTA V, not to mention it's 900p not 1080. Are you even watching or reading these vids before posting them? Yes GTA V says 4GB as a minimum but if you want a decent experience you'll want at least 6GB, especially if you have a decent GPU.

Also a core 2 quad and what I assume is a 270X... yeah I'm not surprised GTA V runs badly.

If what people say about how GTA V performs with CPUs is correct (which I find it to be), a Core 2 Quad at 3.0GHz should be around the same as my Phenom II X6 at 2.8, which gets solid 60 at 1080p high settings with a 7870 and 8GB of RAM.

"Rawr XD"

Gonna be running this game on my AMD Phenom 2 Quad at 4.0ghz with 4GB 1600mhz CL7 ram and a HD 7770...

Will see how it runs and if the "4GB" limit is real.

AMD Phenom II B55 Quad / unlocked dual core 4.3ghz CB R15 = CB 422
XFX R9 390 8GB MY RIG: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/MVwQsY
Fastest 7770 on LTT . 3rd Fastest Phenom II Quad on LTT

PCSX2 on AMD CPU? http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/412377-pcsx2-emulator-4096x2160-amd-phenom-ii/#entry5550588

If you have the Gaming Evolved program installed which is usually included with AMD's drivers (Similar to Nvidia's Geforce Experience), you should see if it has suggested optimal settings, that might help you out. Above all else, make sure you have the latest drivers installed.

Intel Core i7-4790K // Corsair H100i // MSI Z97A-GAMING 6 // 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 2133Mhz (Red) // OCZ ARC 100 120GB SSD // 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD // 2x Asus GTX 970 STRIX(2-Way SLI) // Fractal Design Define R5 (Black) // Corsair RM 1000W // Asus DVD/CD Writer // Windows 8.1

wat?

4Gb of ram might be contributing.

How much vram do you have?

It's only a 270, please don't kill meeeee.

2GB of VRAM xD

Core2 Quad Q9400 @ 3.00GHz ✦  8GB Corsair RAM ✦Asus P5G41Tm - Lx3 ✦ Sapphire R9 270 Dual-X ✦ WD Caviar Green 640 GB ✦ Seagate Barracuda 160GB ✦ Fractal Design Define R5 ✦ 1Life ps:jet 700W ✦  

damn I really want that r9 970x you got there... odd that you are not getting 650 fps xD

seriously though, do you have the amd drivers for the game? A buddy said that he had some problems bfore he updated and now they are gone (generally what happens with driver updates)

4 cores

"R9 970X"

NO please don't tell the GPU Police!!! I know AMD/Nvidia Mashups are forbidden this days

(Great Flagship name tho :D)

Thank you guys! I had already got another 4GB Stick on the mail but I RMA'd the RMA xD Have to wait now :(

• 2 weeks later...

Lowest settings are badly optimized, get a better GPU and more Ram.

| CPU: AMD FX 8350 + H100i | GPU: AMD R9 290X + NZXT Kraken | RAM: HyperX Beast 2033 16GB | PSU: EVGA G2 | MOBO: ASRock 970M |

| CASE: Corsair Carbide 88R |STORAGE: 1x WD Black | KEYBOARD: Corsair K70 | MOUSE: R.A.T 9 |

SOMETIMES LOSING THE BATTLE, MEANS YOU CAN WIN THE WAR

Lowest settings are badly optimized, get a better GPU and more Ram.

Wut? Better GPU? The reccomended GPU fpr GTA V is a 7870 wich is the exact same performances as the R9 270...