Super Small Form Factor with as few compromises as possible

wolffboy212

Here is my latest build. I went from giant (See previous build below) to as small as possible. Every bit and piece took precision planning and a LOT of compromise when putting it together. Due to this fact it has been a rolling build for a few months http://imgur.com/ecJLbLUand took many orders from around the internet to get it right. There is a few modded and improvised parts as well as fully custom fit and sleeved cables (A requirement for a clean looking ncase m1 / small form factor). Defiantly not for the faint of heart, would only recommend this type of build for the highly experienced pc builder.

After using the final build for about a month now I am very satisfied it and believe the investment really paid off. I go to LAN parties often and can pack this in a bag with all of my peripherals, wires etc and only have to carry a monitor in addition. The only draw back other then its limited compatibility is how dense it is. During regular and idle use it stays nice and cool without having to run the fans and thus is completely silent 30c. Over prolonged use it can get warm / mid temps 60c-70c but it being water cooled helps immensely in this department.

Specifications:
- Intel Core i7-4770K CPU
- Asus Z97I-PLUS Motherboard
- G.Skill Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2133 Memory
- (2) Samsung 840 EVO 500GB SSD
- EVGA GeForce GTX 780 Ti GPU
- Silverstone 600W 80+ Gold Fully-Modular SFX PSU
- NCASE M1 S​ilver Tower - ncases.com
- Swiftech Apogee Drive II Pump & CPU Waterblock
- (4)Corsair ​S​P120 Fans
- M1 NCase R​eservoir Black - frozenqshop.com
- PrimoFlex ​(3/8in x 5/8in) Whit​e Tubing
- Koolance Black (3/8in x 5/8in) Compression Fittings
- XSPC Razor 780 GPU Waterblock
- XSPC EX240 Crossflow Radiator
- DEMCiflex Magnetic Fan Dust Filter Set

Steam: TheDeathChef
Orgin: wolffboy212
Email: robwolff3@gmail.com

Build Pictures:
https://imgur.com/a/4vYrl

PC Part Picker: (If any prices or parts seem odd its because the part came from a previous build)
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/sfZ8TW

Previous Big Build:
https://imgur.com/a/V6TxW| http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Hy2323

Long Live GabeN

At this point there is really no sacrifice in a small itx rig. I can put an i7 and a 980 ti in a node 304.

01010010 01101111 01100010  01001101 01100001 01100011 01010010 01100001 01100101

could you not use a 980(ti) instead? O.o

and a 5775C is apparently just as fast in games as the 4770k, while using less power, and having a better iGPU

(also, i know there is watercooling, but with air, this would all fit into something like the lian li/silverstone ReallySmallCaseWhichsNameICantRemember no probs, which is much smaller than the M1

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

could you not use a 980(ti) instead? O.o

and a 5775C is apparently just as fast in games as the 4770k, while using less power, and having a better iGPU

(also, i know there is watercooling, but with air, this would all fit into something like the lian li/silverstone ReallySmallCaseWhichsNameICantRemember no probs, which is much smaller than the M1

I parted my last build into this one and that is why a handful of the parts seem odd, like the 780 ti and 4770k etc, Couldn't justify buying brand new components when I had those to work with.

I parted my last build into this one and that is why a handful of the parts seem odd, like the 780 ti and 4770k etc, Couldn't justify buying brand new components when I had those to work with.

oh of course :) i didnt know it was already bought/built :) still a very nice little computer haha, and more powerful than most others, while being smaller

"Unofficially Official" Leading Scientific Research and Development Officer of the Official Star Citizen LTT Conglomerate | Reaper Squad, Idris Captain | 1x Aurora LN

Game developer, AI researcher, Developing the UOLTT mobile apps

G SIX [My Mac Pro G5 CaseMod Thread]

• 1 month later...

How is your experience with the apogee drive, is it very loud and how does it perform? Thanks and nice build.

Awesome build, but is it just me, or the backplate on your block is mounted 90° off?

PC: CPU: Intel i7-4790 MB: Gigabyte B85N RAM: Adata 4GB + Kingston 8GB SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB GPU: XFX GTR RX 480 8GB Case: Advantech IPC-510 PSU: Corsair RM1000i KB: Idobao x YMDK ID75 with Outemu Silent Grey Mouse: Logitech G305 Mousepad: LTT Deskpad Headphones: AKG K240 Sextett
Phone: Sony Xperia 5 II