Value Headsets question.

Massa9

There was a video from  linustechtips a while back about low end graphics cards , basically he goes on to say that the $80 option(R7 240 i think) for a gaming graphics card does not make sense in that market,  also he mentions that for about 20-30 dollars more there are options which can give a much greater experience.That is roughly the point.  

Does  this idea apply to Headsets as well?

For example i have read a few negative reviews on the sennheiser black hd 419 over ear headphones for about $100, most mentioned poor build quality in some way.  

I would think most headphones at that price would have decent construction and sound decent.  let me know if i am way off.

The reason i ask is i am looking at headsets for under $100  that are widely available . newegg, amazon, ect.

Any thoughts on brands or prices or pricing and quality  i would like to know, thank you.

Also  is anything bad about this set i should know?

http://www.audio-technica.com/cms/headphones/7041339ec2fdcc12/

http://www.newegg.ca/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA7DC2NY5947 

Cheaper headphones are cheaper for a reason, usually the build quality is not as good. Are cheap headphones something you should avoid? No. Cheaper headphones are not as nice, but I can't think of a reason why you have to spend a lot on headphones if you don't want to. Brands like Philips are quite good under the 100 dollar price point.

Asus B85M-G / Intel i5-4670 / Sapphire 290X Tri-X / 16GB RAM (Corsair Value 1x8GB + Crucial 2x4GB) @1333MHz / Coolermaster B600 (600W) / Be Quiet! Silent Base 800 / Adata SP900 128GB SSD & WD Green 2TB & SG Barracuda 1TB / Dell AT-101W / Logitech G502 / Acer G226HQL & X-Star DP2710LED

headphones m40x, hd 518

headset kingston hyperx cloud

around $100 that is.

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

$100 is very cheap in the audio world. To fit decent drivers, as well as a mic (if we're talking headsets, not headphones) and keep the build quality good would cost a great deal more. If you look at professional, or even just enthusiast grade stuff, you'll be seeing prices well over $700 for a single pair of headphones. 

There was a video from  linustechtips a while back about low end graphics cards , basically he goes on to say that the $80 option(R7 240 i think) for a gaming graphics card does not make sense in that market,  also he mentions that for about 20-30 dollars more there are options which can give a much greater experience.That is roughly the point.  

Does  this idea apply to Headsets as well?

No, it is not nearly the same. There exist $30-$40 headphones that perform as good as $150+ options

$100 is very cheap in the audio world. To fit decent drivers, as well as a mic (if we're talking headsets, not headphones) and keep the build quality good would cost a great deal more. If you look at professional, or even just enthusiast grade stuff, you'll be seeing prices well over $700 for a single pair of headphones. 

Indeed?

I guess is it is a bit to gauge which headphones are better as you can't always rely on specs and numbers for audio while  graphics card it can be as easy as comparing one number on screen,