Deciding a GPU with a 450W GIGABYTE PSU

xubilly97

hey guys, I currently have a pc that runs on a 450w  with Peak Power of 550W PSU and im using geforce gtx 555 and im getting a GIGABYTE Radeon 6950 1GB soon. I am curious, what is the best GPU i can get with my current PSU. I don't mind if the price is high or low, I just want to see what GPUs there are that im able to get and use for the best gaming performance.

thanks.

GTX 980 if it can actually deliver the power, depends on the PSU and the full rig though.

If using modern intel and Nvidia parts, it Should do it no problem.

SNIP

Also, follow your own topics to see notifications of replies

I don'T PreSS caPs.. I juST Hit THe keYboARd so HarD iT CriTs :P

Quote or @dzzope to get my attention..

You can get any single modern GPU by nVidia ( 960/70/90/Titan X ).

no titan x

3 tips to have a good time on the LTT forums | 1. When you reply to someone please quote them | 2. Please follow your threads | 3. Follow the C.o.C 

If you follow these 3 tips you should have a blast.

i'm rather proud of this for some reason. http://imgur.com/6ttS5XZ

You can get any single modern GPU by nVidia ( 960/70/90/Titan X ).

Not Titan X

Not Titan X

Recommended is 600w, for 2-way SLI is 850.

250W for the GPU. a normal clocked CPU/8GB RAM and a few fans etc will run just fine with a single Titan X altough it's not recommended.

Recommended is 600w, for 2-way SLI is 850.

250W for the GPU. a normal clocked CPU/8GB RAM and a few fans etc will run just fine with a single Titan X altough it's not recommended.

His PSU has only 3/4 of that wattage. Its like saying that the GTX 980 can run on 375W of Power (Original 500W?)

Quote me if you want me to see your message. Like my post if it helped. Click "Show More" to see things that I use.

Desktop (2014): CPU: Intel Core i5 4690k @ 3.50GHz | GPU: MSi GTX 970 Gaming 4G | Motherboard: MSi Z97 Gaming 5 | RAM: 2x4GB G.Skill RipJaws X 1600MHz + 2x4GB HyperX Black 1600MHz | SSD: Samsung 750 Evo 120GB | HDD: WD Black 1TB | Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212x | PSU: Corsair VS650 | Case: Cooler Master Elite 431 Plus | OS: Windows 10 Home

Laptop (2017): Model: Asus UX310U

Peripherals: Monitor: Samsung S24D300 OC@75Hz + Viewsonic XG2401 (144Hz) | Mouse: Logitech G305 | Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Chroma V2 | Headset: HyperX Cloud Core | Speakers: Logitech Z333 | Additional: Logitech G29

Mobiles: Samsung Pixon (2010-2012) | Samsung Galaxy Ace (2012-2013) | Samsung Galaxy S3 (2013-2016) | Samsung Note 4 (2015)(Lost) | Samsung Galaxy S7 (2016-2019) | Samsung Galaxy S10 (2019 - Current) | Additional: ASUS Zenwatch 2 (2016)

hey guys, plz check my system in my profile and let me know if i could run the titan x if i upgrade my PSU to a 600w PSU. I removed the hard-drive cage that was in the way for a better graphics card and remounted the hard-drive somewhere else, so i have a pretty decent amount of space for the GPU, it will be able to fit upto 30cm or more (max est. 35cm i think) graphics card. I have a Acer M M3985 model computer that i have customized recently, planning to get a new and bigger case once i have enough money.