Air Pressure

_Grid21

Hello! I wanted to ask what kind of air pressure do I have in my case. I have 3 in-takes, and 4 exhaust fans. Technically 5 if you count the PSU fan. Do I have positive air pressure or negative air pressure? Please see photo of my system where I drew arrows showing how the air flows. I also got a basic Refrigerator Thermometer to tell me the ambient air temp inside the case. It reads it's about 25 degrees Celsius inside the case in a room that is 26 Celsius outside the case during the day and 25 degrees Celsius at night. Is this a good temp to have your case at?

Blue: Cold air In-take

Red: Hot air out-take

http://prntscr.com/792td3

EDIT: Also does anyone know where the temp sensors are located on the Asus Z87-A motherboard and how can I have my fans turn on based on case temp, not CPU temp

Edited by Josh_Grid21

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

You have negative air pressure. You want to have more intakes than exhaust. I suggest removing two of the three fans on top. If the top is filtered you could just flip all three fans for massive positive pressure. Also, flip your power supply if you case has a dust filter at the bottom. 

60FPS Microwave

Intel Core i5-4670K | Galax GTX 970 EXOC | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | Team Elite 8GB 1600MHz | Gelid Black Edition | Samsung slowdown + WD Blue 1TB x2 | Cooler Master V550 | Corsair K65 + Logitech G100s | MasterCase Pro 3

To achieve positive air pressure ,you need more fans drawing in than are exhausting. The optimal setup is to have your Power Supply draw from the bottom, and have air come in the front of your case, and out the back. For rads, it can vary from case to case, as well as side fans, but to maintain positive air pressure, you'll want your top-mounted fans to draw in as well.

You have negative air pressure. You want to have more intakes than exhaust. I suggest removing two of the three fans on top. If the top is filtered you could just flip all three fans for massive positive pressure. Also, flip your power supply if you case has a dust filter at the bottom. 

I flipped my top 3 fans down. So now I have 6 in-take and 1 (give or take the PSU and graphics card) out-take. Also do you know how to set Fan Xpert 2 so the fans only come on when the case is getting warm instead of when the CPU gets warm?

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 3.2Ghz Pinnacle Ridge | Asus Prime X570-Pro | Corsair Vengeances RGB PRO 64GB 3200Mhz | EVGA Nvidia Geforce 3060 XC | EVGA G2 SuperNova 750 Watt PSU

Also, it doesn't matter what temp the air inside the case is. When it comes to case, its same temp as room. When it exits, its hotter than room temp. Check max temps on you GPU and CPU if you are worried over them.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

Also, it doesn't matter what temp the air inside the case is. When it comes to case, its same temp as room. When it exits, its hotter than room temp. Check max temps on you GPU and CPU if you are worried over them.

I'm not worried them, I was more curious about making the case temps better,

I still have a question about Air flow and controlling the fans via Fan Xerpt 2. does anyone know where the temp sensors are located on the Asus Z87-A motherboard and how can I have my fans turn on based on case temp, not CPU temp

EDIT: I still need some help here. Please?