Does CPU come with a heat sink?

hello, i was going to buy the Intel Core i7-4790k, and i recently learned something call a heat sink. do you need to buy a heatsink or do cpu come with one, the fan i'm getting is a Hyper Evo 212, is that where the heatsink comes from?

any answer is welcome!

Usually intel cpu's come with a small heatsink which is enough for most of the time even tho they are loud.the evo 212 comes with a heatsink and a fan not to mention it will be better at cooling the cpu

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

The CPU comes with one, but it's advised you purchase something like the Hyper 212 Evo.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

It comes with the Intel stock cooler but that sucks so get the 212 EVO

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Beware of him that is slow to anger; for when it is long coming, it is the stronger when it comes, and the longer kept. Abused patience turns to fury.

The heat sink is connected to the cooler, not the CPU. So your processor will come with a stock cooler, which has its own heat sink, but you cant take that off. But don't worry, Hyper Evo 212 comes with its own heat sink attached to it as well.

yes only extreme editions and high end xeons dont

the 212 evo isnt a fan itsa a replacement heatsink for the stock cooler which is much better

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

heatsink is the big metal part of the entire cooler. 4790K comes with a stock cooler, which is good enough (barely). The Hyper 212 is a COOLER too - meaning it has a fan AND a heatsink.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The heat sink is connected to the cooler, not the CPU. So your processor will come with a stock cooler, which has its own heat sink, but you cant take that off. But don't worry, Hyper Evo 212 comes with its own heat sink attached to it as well.

It's not a heatsink that you're referring to on the CPU. That's called a heatspreader.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

heatsink is the big metal part of the entire cooler. 4790K comes with a stock cooler, which is good enough (barely). The Hyper 212 is a COOLER too - meaning it has a fan AND a heatsink.

--

hello, i was going to buy the Intel Core i7-4790k, and i recently learned something call a heat sink. do you need to buy a heatsink or do cpu come with one, the fan i'm getting is a Hyper Evo 212, is that where the heatsink comes from?

any answer is welcome!

Get the Hyper Evo 212. That is a better choice.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

Heatsink isn't that. That's a heatspreader.

The more I read your post the more I question myself if you are trolling or what.

Spoiler

CPU:Intel Xeon X5660 @ 4.2 GHz RAM:6x2 GB 1600MHz DDR3 MB:Asus P6T Deluxe GPU:Asus GTX 660 TI OC Cooler:Akasa Nero 3

SSD:OCZ Vertex 3 120 GB HDD:2x640 GB WD Black Fans:2xCorsair AF 120 PSU:Seasonic 450 W 80+ Case:Thermaltake Xaser VI MX OS:Windows 10
Speakers:Altec Lansing MX5021 Keyboard:Razer Blackwidow 2013 Mouse:Logitech MX Master Monitor:Dell U2412M Headphones: Logitech G430

Big thanks to Damikiller37 for making me an awesome Intel 4004 out of trixels!

The more I read your post the more I question myself if you are trolling or what.

Whoopsy daisy,  effed up.

The CPU comes with one, but it's advised you purchase something like the Hyper 212 Evo.

It comes with the Intel stock cooler but that sucks so get the 212 EVO

Get the Hyper Evo 212. That is a better choice.

if you read my post you would've already new i was getting a Hyper Evo 212

That was obvious.

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

I know that.

Yes I am part of the 0.01% illiterates in my country, I'm just saying get it.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Yes I am part of the 99% illiterates in my country, I'm just saying get it.

oh, sorry. i will get it