Powerline Adapters

namarino

Hey guys, my computer is in a dead spot in my house. When I was downloading a game on steam, it actually said that one game would take "more than one year" to download...yeah. I'm really not sure what the problem is. I've tried different wifi adapters, I tinkered with the router's settings and firmware, but nothing really seems to help. I can't get ethernet where I am, so I was curious if powerline would be an appropriate solution. And if so, could you recommend a powerline adapter? I really just need internet, so I'm not at all concerned with speeds within my network. Thanks a lot for your help guys!!

Hey guys, my computer is in a dead spot in my house. When I was downloading a game on steam, it actually said that one game would take "more than one year" to download...yeah. I'm really not sure what the problem is. I've tried different wifi adapters, I tinkered with the router's settings and firmware, but nothing really seems to help. I can't get ethernet where I am, so I was curious if powerline would be an appropriate solution. And if so, could you recommend a powerline adapter? I really just need internet, so I'm not at all concerned with speeds within my network. Thanks a lot for your help guys!!

Yeah, power line adapters are pretty much your only option

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

- Cave Johnson, founder and CEO of Aperture Science, in Portal 2

honestly, when using a powerline adapter right, you can get some decent speed trough them.

honestly, when using a powerline adapter right, you can get some decent speed trough them.

Yeah the ones I am using max out my 30 down 5 up speed of my internet connection

“When life gives you lemons, don’t make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don’t want your damn lemons, what the hell am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life’s manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I’m the man who’s gonna burn your house down! With the lemons! I’m gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!”

Yeah the ones I am using max out my 30 down 5 up speed of my internet connection

i have some ancient, fairly crappy, frankensteined powerlans that manage to pull 15-ish Mbit across my house's fairly terrible wiring.

Yeah, power line adapters are pretty much your only option

Can you recommend one??

Can you recommend one??

I would recommend the Trendnet TPL-406E 500Mbp/s adapters. Work great, look nice, and are tiny. Worked great the instant I plugged them in. I currently game on them, the highest packet Loss I have seen is 3% with a 83ms ping. On my wireless, I was averaging 10% packet loss with a 100ms ping. DAMN