GTA V Save File Transfer

Accursed Entity
Go to solution Solved by leelaa14,

You should be able to use any single player save file as a save file doesn't contain any hacks.
Online save is linked to your social club account as far as I know so you wouldn't be able to use someone else's online profile with your social club account.

I was playing the game on another PC and got half-way the story done, now that I own the game myself I'm wondering if I can take that save file to my own game? I'm asking because I do know it can be done but I don't want to risk getting banned or anything like that. My copy of the game is clear, absolutely no mods.

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

Can't advise this. Bans went out recently for modifying SP content, and changing or injecting a save might do just that. Sounds like a pain, but you might have to just re-do it xD.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

I was playing the game on another PC and got half-way the story done, now that I own the game myself I'm wondering if I can take that save file to my own game? I'm asking because I do know it can be done but I don't want to risk getting banned or anything like that. My copy of the game is clear, absolutely no mods.

I've copied the Rockstar Games folder from my documents folder of my desktop to three other people's PCs to share my single-player progress and it's worked perfectly fine.

"Rawr XD"

Can't advise this. Bans went out recently for modifying SP content, and changing or injecting a save might do just that. Sounds like a pain, but you might have to just re-do it xD.

That's what I'm fearing :(

I've copied the Rockstar Games folder from my documents folder of my desktop to three other people's PCs to share my single-player progress and it's worked perfectly fine.

I assume they're still working online right? like, today after the bans? 

●CPU: i7-4790K w/H100i ●Mobo: MSI Z97 MPower ●RAM: Corsair 16GB Dominator ●GPU: EVGA ACX SC 780 3GB(X2) ●SSD: 850 Pro 256GB ●Case: 450D ●PSU: AX 860i ●Monitor: Asus PB278Q 1440p

You should be able to use any single player save file as a save file doesn't contain any hacks.
Online save is linked to your social club account as far as I know so you wouldn't be able to use someone else's online profile with your social club account.

I7 4790K-----ASUS Z97-A-----GTX 1080-----CORSAIR H105-----CORSAIR VENGEANCE PRO 16GB-----ASUS PG278Q-----LOGITECH G900-----MASTERKEYS PRO L-----Sennheiser GSX 1000