Windows Icons being replaced by... rectangles?

Enthusiast25

This happened a while ago but I couldn't be bothered to  fix it. I tried uninstalling all fonts, only keeping the ones that windows said I can't delete, and that didn't help. Any suggestions that don't involve reinstalling/refreshing Windows?

(The power button, search button, scroll bar, and all apps arrow are affected.)

post-55610-0-97944900-1430148314_thumb.p

Edited by Enthusiast25

Install Classic Shell.

http://www.classicshell.net/

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

Install Classic Shell.

http://www.classicshell.net/

I think I'm in the minority here, but I like the fullscreen start menu. Also, in a few other programs (the only case I can remember is on some foobar skins) the arrows on either end of the scroll bar are also affected, so it's not a problem with only the start menu.

I think I'm in the minority here, but I like the fullscreen start menu. Also, in a few other programs (the only case I can remember is on some foobar skins) the arrows on either end of the scroll bar are also affected, so it's not a problem with only the start menu.

Try doing a refresh. It gives you a list (and download links) to all the programs you had installed and you don't lose any files. And will almost definitely fix the problem.