Is Windows 10 Stable Enough For Gaming?

vinnyfraser

I'm looking into getting Windows 10, but my main concern is stability. I'm okay with trouble shooting problems but as long as they can be fixed.. Will windows 10 work for gaming? Such as bf4?

yes

im using it

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

Yes definitely! I think I'm getting a fps increase from Win8.1 too.

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

Yes definitely! I think I'm getting a fps increase from Win8.1 too.

Where did you download it? Did you need a key?

T

Where did you download it? Did you need a key?

lol, it's in technical preview. I don't think you should get it yet, wait for it to come out in a month or two. It's free to upgrade from Win8 or Win7

24 fps for that "cinematic" feel

After a couple weeks of behavioral sciences at my school I can easily conclude my parents need to grow up.

I'm looking into getting Windows 10, but my main concern is stability. I'm okay with trouble shooting problems but as long as they can be fixed.. Will windows 10 work for gaming? Such as bf4?

A new Windows 10 build is expected to be released in a few days, after BUILD event (starts 29th). Nothing official, but expected.

But if you can't wait, then yes use the link posted above by @Syh

Be sure to register yourself as an insider.

The steps are on the page. Very important.

To get the latest build once installed. Check Windows update, you have an option somewhere (that somewhere is different based on the Build number you have), and Change "Slow" to "Fast". This will change you to the Fast ring. Then check for updates, and and you should have this massive 2-3GB download of the latest build.

It will download it and install it.

I beleive the build number that you'll start with is 10041, Fast ring is at 10061. 10061 has lots of bug fixes, and has new features, but running desktop applications from the Start menu crashes the start menu. And that is an annoyance to live until the next build.

Be sure to check out "Insider Hub", and "Windows Feedback".

They are pinned on the Start Menu. Insider hub will gets you up to date with all the news related to Windows 10 builds, and known issues. And Windows feedback allows you to post suggestions, feedback and problems.