Halo fans topic :P? Halo 5 what you think of it?

VerticalDiscussions

Yeah, but bloom was only part of the bigger issue and it came to late to really save the game. Also blog should have been remove across the board as opposed to just making other playlists

Zero bloom was brought in to Reach as soon as a year after release!

And the game was dead before that. It was unable to hold its user base for a long as halo 3 did and was panned by the hardcore and comp community for being shit save a few delusional shit posters on bnet

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

Also 1 year and 1 week

Desktop -  i5 4670k, GTX 770, Maximums VI Hero, 2X Kingston Hyper X 3k in raid zero.

Laptop - Lenovo X230 Intel 535 480GB, 16GB Gskill memory, Classic Keyboard Mod, Triple USB 3.0 Express Card.

And the game was dead before that. It was unable to hold its user base for a long as halo 3 did and was panned by the hardcore and comp community for being shit save a few delusional shit posters on bnet

I guess you're right, but they did say that Reach would be less competitive to begin with, to make the game user friendly and laid back. So the fact that it took a year (and a week, if you prefer) is just becuase they never planned for Reach to go competitive in the first place.

"It also had issues with movement speed and jump. Height which is why in mlg it was set to like 110% movement speed and 80% gravity. Also none of the maps were ever good for comp play and as a result all the well laid out maps were built and forge and consequently completly grey and boring."                                                 

I mean, those things aren't something everyone felt! I, as an example had no problem with the maps depending on how you played on them and their architecture. Sanctuary was adapted from an old H2 map, which was rebuilt so it would suit Reach's gravity and speed. IT WAS FUCKING GREAT! And yeah, they were all a little gray, but I never felt like that was a problem. Alot of competitive maps were built in forge, but I don't feel like it was bad because of the gray builds of forge world since you had tons of other maps aside that were great, such as Zealot and Countdown!

So what you said compared to me are just the opinions, but they are both personal.

-snip-

It was a bit more than a little grey.  Some of the maps were also blatantly desgined around you using the jetpack such as sword base and that one dam map which just forces you to play on way and one way only if you want to get around the map in any reasonable amount of time. Of course jetpacking was also a great way to get yourself killed. And dont even get me started on fucking Armour lock.

Part of what shits me is that they game could have been just as competitive as halo 3 was and the causal players would never have noticed the difference. They still got their asses handed to them when good players deiced to turn up even with the game less competitive.

It was a bit more than a little grey.  Some of the maps were also blatantly desgined around you using the jetpack such as sword base and that one dam map which just forces you to play on way and one way only if you want to get around the map in any reasonable amount of time. Of course jetpacking was also a great way to get yourself killed. And dont even get me started on fucking Armour lock.

Part of what shits me is that they game could have been just as competitive as halo 3 was and the causal players would never have noticed the difference. They still got their asses handed to them when good players deiced to turn up even with the game less competitive.

None of the competitive maps (which I remember) was based around armor lock and jetpack! There was a jetpack on Countdown and Sanctuary but no one really used them. It was considered a powerweapon more than something you would use all the time. And if you decided to play The more competitive playlists you would never see the Armor Lock. You would see the jetpack but as you say, it's basically gicing out kills so I never complained.

And I'm sorry that you feel that way, but the game is what it is and will probably not change.

None of the competitive maps (which I remember) was based around armor lock and jetpack! There was a jetpack on Countdown and Sanctuary but no one really used them. It was considered a powerweapon more than something you would use all the time. And if you decided to play The more competitive playlists you would never see the Armor Lock. You would see the jetpack but as you say, it's basically gicing out kills so I never complained.

And I'm sorry that you feel that way, but the game is what it is and will probably not change.

Oh i was talking about normal playlists and in normal play, not mlg playlist. I dont expect reach to change at this point. It had it chance and halo 4 was garbage so i have pretty much given up on that series. Plus i dont on an xboner so its not like i could play any of the new ones even if i wanted to.

Oh i was talking about normal playlists and in normal play, not mlg playlist. I dont expect reach to change at this point. It had it chance and halo 4 was garbage so i have pretty much given up on that series. Plus i dont on an xboner so its not like i could play any of the new ones even if i wanted to.

They said that Reach would be laid back.. H4 was even more so! Though I still enjoy the game itself! Halo was the reason I got an Xbox, and it's not stopping. Despite MCC having tons of server issues in the beginning the game itself was still sick. Love it!

And the H5 BETA was great too, I like the new mechanics! Everything is much faster and more exciting, they even got in competitive playlists in the Beta! So I'm looking forward to it alot!

I have a gameplay on YT if you're interested! (BETA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYvgr_Xecc

They said that Reach would be laid back.. H4 was even more so! Though I still enjoy the game itself! Halo was the reason I got an Xbox, and it's not stopping. Despite MCC having tons of server issues in the beginning the game itself was still sick. Love it!

And the H5 BETA was great too, I like the new mechanics! Everything is much faster and more exciting, they even got in competitive playlists in the Beta! So I'm looking forward to it alot!

I have a gameplay on YT if you're interested! (BETA)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyYvgr_Xecc

Faster is the last thing i want. I want long TTKs and floaty movement with no Armour ability, sprint or any kind of special movement. I want the game to punish you if you miss your first shot even if the death comes 4 bursts later. Also halo 4s BR sounds like wet farts, its fucking disgusting and the person who did the sound design for that weapon should be fired.

Faster is the last thing i want. I want long TTKs and floaty movement with no Armour ability, sprint or any kind of special movement. I want the game to punish you if you miss your first shot even if the death comes 4 bursts later. Also halo 4s BR sounds like wet farts, its fucking disgusting and the person who did the sound design for that weapon should be fired.

Hm, then I recommend getting an Xbox One for MCC so you can play H3 and H2 on live, 60fps! And I like were it's going tbh, a game has to evolve and Halo is doing it. I don't like the old games any less, the simplicity of the first games arre what makes them fantastic! Though I honestly dislike H3's BR, the bullet registration was really bad in that game if you ask me. Leading shots is a fine idea, but it was not even close to how good it could've been, and it was like a precision weapon you couldn't use on long range.

Wet farts hahah, that's amusing!

Hm, then I recommend getting an Xbox One for MCC so you can play H3 and H2 on live, 60fps! And I like were it's going tbh, a game has to evolve and Halo is doing it. I don't like the old games any less, the simplicity of the first games arre what makes them fantastic! Though I honestly dislike H3's BR, the bullet registration was really bad in that game if you ask me. Leading shots is a fine idea, but it was not even close to how good it could've been, and it was like a precision weapon you couldn't use on long range.

Wet farts hahah, that's amusing!

Problem with getting an xboner is that everyone i played with on 360 is now on pc. None of use have any immediate intention to get one either. I actually had a chance to get an xboner, ps4 or wii u in a game of stacker. I picked the wii u because the other 2 i would have just sold and bought something that was more useful to me at the time. Also i dont feel like paying for gold again.

It can evolve all it wants, it should still be said that reach was the start of that evolution and reach was also the start of the death of halo so make what you will of that.

Never really had an issue with H3s BR, shots were on point with that thing for me as long as i was not lagging out the ass.

Problem with getting an xboner is that everyone i played with on 360 is now on pc. None of use have any immediate intention to get one either. I actually had a chance to get an xboner, ps4 or wii u in a game of stacker. I picked the wii u because the other 2 i would have just sold and bought something that was more useful to me at the time. Also i dont feel like paying for gold again.

It can evolve all it wants, it should still be said that reach was the start of that evolution and reach was also the start of the death of halo so make what you will of that.

Never really had an issue with H3s BR, shots were on point with that thing for me as long as i was not lagging out the ass.

Hmm, more like the death competitive Halo, the game itself goes on.

Hmm, more like the death competitive Halo, the game itself goes on.

It does not hold a player base like it used to though. Since halo reach the overall player count around about a month in has dropped significantly which i would argue is a much better indicator of whether or not a game has or is dieing than pure sales numbers.

^

Hm, then I recommend getting an Xbox One for MCC so you can play H3 and H2 on live, 60fps! And I like were it's going tbh, a game has to evolve and Halo is doing it. I don't like the old games any less, the simplicity of the first games arre what makes them fantastic! Though I honestly dislike H3's BR, the bullet registration was really bad in that game if you ask me. Leading shots is a fine idea, but it was not even close to how good it could've been, and it was like a precision weapon you couldn't use on long range.

Gosh please no, MCC is and always will be a disaster, especially since 343 can't properly fix things without breaking them again.

Long time no ranking (+if it existed, it was broken), still no H3 MLG maps/gametypes, H2 now has radar problems (or should I say still has?), the playlist guys in this company are incompetent to the bones as SMG/AR starts are still way too common, they regularly break HCE just to fix it in the next patch, and so on and so fourth.

Also, playlists are dead (must be a new record for 343i for killing a game's population).

H5 also will be a Reach kind of game, it doesn't have it's own kind of personality (like the orig. games), it tries to be this abomination of HCE elements that everyone wants but aren't really accessible because of unnecessary features like sprint/groundpound (lol at that name)/clamber/dodge (or spartancharge or boost or whatever the fk they call it in the end) that make the game feel bloated instead of complex and exciting. 343 just can't let go of their "innovative" and "immersive" visions that don't improve the game in the eyes of many core fans (and never will if they keep acting like they do).

/endrant.

144Hz goodness

I looks like it will be a good game but I don't know it it will be a good HALO

^

Gosh please no, MCC is and always will be a disaster, especially since 343 can't properly fix things without breaking them again.

Long time no ranking (+if it existed, it was broken), still no H3 MLG maps/gametypes, H2 now has radar problems (or should I say still has?), the playlist guys in this company are incompetent to the bones as SMG/AR starts are still way too common, they regularly break HCE just to fix it in the next patch, and so on and so fourth.

Also, playlists are dead (must be a new record for 343i for killing a game's population).

H5 also will be a Reach kind of game, it doesn't have it's own kind of personality (like the orig. games), it tries to be this abomination of HCE elements that everyone wants but aren't really accessible because of unnecessary features like sprint/groundpound (lol at that name)/clamber/dodge (or spartancharge or boost or whatever the fk they call it in the end) that make the game feel bloated instead of complex and exciting. 343 just can't let go of their "innovative" and "immersive" visions that don't improve the game in the eyes of many core fans (and never will if they keep acting like they do).

/endrant.

Well, MCC was very unfinished and disappointing at first but I think it's more than playable now! It still has glitches and bugs, but to me personally I think it lives up to what I want when playing Halo! And yes, there are no real competitive playlists yet (what's it called.. like Halo 2 Anniversary Championship somehthingsomthing), which I can agree to you that it might suck a little bit. I would LOVE some MLG type playlists.

Though I do not agree that H5 will turn out to be a Reach kind of game and I do in fact like the change, or more like I accept the fact that "this is how it's going to be"! Though I'm still not implying that I'll dislike it any more due to that. I like that they add more mechanics to what you can do, though I can agree that some of them can be quite useless. I like the thought of most of them, but some are not very well suited for the playstyle. Groundpound for an example is something I would agree on IF it wouldn't mess up crouchjumping or Gandhihop. Though I do fail to see the point of sliding to be honest.

And yes, many of the core fans disagree with what 343 is doing with Halo, therefore MCC, which didn't fill people's needs regardless. And then we have H5 which basically is Halo on steriods.

I absolutely love Halo. I have played every Halo I could and I loved each game. I downloaded the beta for Halo 5: Guardians and hated it. I think 343i is killing the Halo series that I loved. To me the best halo ever was Halo 3.

Here is my list of the things i hated a lot about Halo 5: Guardians:

ADS (seriously, this doesn't belong in halo)

Maps (even though there was only 3 maps or so in the beta)

Time to kill was too low (i loved having the bullet-sponge, slow time to kill players, which made the game harder and more strategic)

Sound Effects (I want my classic Halo armor down and recharge sounds back)

The feel of the game (Doesn't feel like halo, more like call of duty or battlefield)

How the power weapons are spawned (its very different from past games)

Arena Multiplayer (too fast paced)

Slam ability or whatever its called (Doesn't belong in this game)

There's a bunch more that i hate, but i'm too lazy to list all of them. (there's too many)

-snip-

I agree with you when you claim 343 is making halo series just like call of duty and battlefield because of the how the controls and player animations roll. Honestly the running from the spartans in halo 4 and halo 5 is exactly the same as in those games.... youd think a spartan could run a lot faster and also move "differently" because of theyr armor but oh well. But halo future is unpredictable and thats something to be sad with. But absolutely nowan can denie that 343 isnt making halo cinematics "special effects" equal as to trilogies like the Hobbit which is something just amazing.

Groomlake Authority

I don't necessarily agree on slow killtimes as it is one thing that made Halo great (3-shot pistol in CE, quad-shooting in H2, 110% dmg and 90% recharge rate in H3 MLG), but the Beta maps were horrific.

They were just too big to traverse without sprint and left too many wide areas without cover (one of the points why sprint sucks for arena shooters), don't even get me started on the forge maps that 343's designers shat. Orion, iirc, was beyond terrible. It was a disgrace for a long time fan.

Halo Wars was awesome but who'd even develop a successor, Microsoft killed off Ensemble, the only good RTS dev they had.

Now all they do is pump out halfassed books and mobile games (Spartan Assault/Strike).

144Hz goodness

Halo Wars was awesome but who'd even develop a successor, Microsoft killed off Ensemble, the only good RTS dev they had.

Now all they do is pump out halfassed books and mobile games (Spartan Assault/Strike).

Agreed but my only issue with Halo Wars was the same issue I had with End War and that was it was more along the lines of a "baby's first RTS" sort of deal with a really hardlined rock paper scissors system (unless a spartan operated a vehicle) and drastically favored overuse of a single unit or zerg rush.

Knowledge is power, guard it well.

Steam | Twitch | YT | Build

• 1 month later...

I get the feeling it will be a half baked game similar to H4.  I know there are dedicated servers, but am waiting to see them actually implemented (and implemented well). So far the "Arena" looks like it will be good... really good actually as the map design is fresh and balance a priority.  Everything else including the campaign and warzone leave me feeling ... odd.  I wish they had a Firefight or even another Spartan Ops (This was really fun for me and friends to extend campaign gameplay).  All in all, no physical disk is kinda wierd for "collector" editions so that is a major dissapointment.  I hope that I am surprised with campaign and that I can enjoy a new halo for the first time since H3.

I must be one of the weird ones that only plays Halo for the story........I could care less about multiplayer.

I honestly think 343 has done a good job with the series..... I have read all the books, graphic novels, etc and it all ties in pretty well.

That being said im buying an Xbone for Halo 5

Call of Halo.....

CPU: Intel i7 - 5820k @ 4.5GHz, Cooler: Corsair H80i, Motherboard: MSI X99S Gaming 7, RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB DDR4 2666MHz CL16,

GPU: ASUS GTX 980 Strix, Case: Corsair 900D, PSU: Corsair AX860i 860W, Keyboard: Logitech G19, Mouse: Corsair M95, Storage: Intel 730 Series 480GB SSD, WD 1.5TB Black

Display: BenQ XL2730Z 2560x1440 144Hz

I'm still very excited about all that Halo 5 is, despite the changes.

BUT NO SPLITSCREEN?! I MEAN COME ON! Having to buy another copy of the game and an Xbox just to enjoy any gameplay together makes me sad.

I must be one of the weird ones that only plays Halo for the story........I could care less about multiplayer.

I honestly think 343 has done a good job with the series..... I have read all the books, graphic novels, etc and it all ties in pretty well.

That being said im buying an Xbone for Halo 5

I like to hear this actually! I too deeply enjoy the Campaign, and Halo 5 seems to bring out a good one.