GTA V Performance Issues (Geforce GTX 970 EVGA)

So I've been playing some GTA and I have been getting very frustrated that it is not running as smoothly as benchmarks and port reports were showing. I have fooled around with the settings a bit and even knock down everything to normal and still have been getting major frame drops and stuttering issue. If anyone could help me find out what the issue is, I would greatly appericate it. A lot of others aren't seeming to have any issues running this game with the same card as mine. 

This is my build: 

PC Specs: 

Cpu: i5-2320 
Motherboard: Biostar TZ77B 
Memory: Corsair XSM3 8Gb 
GPU: NVIDIA EVGA Geforce GTX 970 Super Clocked 
Case: Corsair 750d 
Storage: 2TB Total, Western Digital Black/Blue 
PSU: Corsair HX850 850w 
Display: Samsung LED 23.5inch 
Cooling: Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus 
Keyboard/mouse: Corsair K70/m95 
Headset: Corsair Vengeance 1500 

Alot are having problems too. Ram usage good? Not over 3.5gb? Vsync off? Turn msaa off. Is your card/cpu at 100%. Is clocking to spec.

at first glance id say bottleneck, but i could be wrong :P

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

Im using this much vram with max settings, so not even close to 3.5 vram which is my limit. And I overclocked my card a tiny bit. post-88634-0-91487200-1429579645_thumb.j

About a little over 6gb of ram is being used, vsync on or off doesnt seem to help either way. and i have had msaa off the entire time. As well from what I can tell cpu and gpu arent maxing out

Edited by TheGreatCommunicator

so many post about this. I wish i could help. Try cc cleaner, did you have amd drivers at one point? Turn down a few setting,density. You cpu isnt the best, im not sure if it is bottlenecking. Only gta open, its a resource hog.

Can you check gpu load, blow stuff up for a sec, alt tab, check msi afterburner, it will show gpu/cpu load.

Shockingly enough your CPU may be falling behind some. The recommended CPU is the i5-3570, you're running a CPU that's a bit behind that.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

-snipe-

make sure your advanced graphics setting are turned off as they are a waste of time having them on as they will cripple a 5930k with 980sli to 60fps only. they are worse then MSAA x8 which is something you dont need to have on. have a max of x4

if you can tell us you graphic settings it would help us help you

Spoiler

CPU: i5-6600k MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro Gaming RAM: G.Skill 16GB 2800Mhz 15-15-15-35, GPU: Sapphire R9 290 SSD: Samsung 840 250GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB x2, Cooling: EK supremecy EVO ,EK-FC R9 290X with backplate, XSPC EX240 Crossflow & Alphacool UT60 240mm, XSPC D5 Bayres w/ Alphacool VPP655, 7/16-5/8 Compressions/Tubing, Noctua NF-F12 x4 PSU: Silverstone Strider Plus 850W Case: Nanoxia Deep Silence 1 http://valid.x86.fr/8g2m02

make sure your advanced graphics setting are turned off as they are a waste of time having them on as they will cripple a 5930k with 980sli to 60fps only. they are worse then MSAA x8 which is something you dont need to have on. have a max of x4

if you can tell us you graphic settings it would help us help you

i have advanced setting turned all the way up. 2xmsaa. Tb was wrong. I have screen shots, 45-75 fps. Tb must of been talking about msaa 8x or something.

Advanced graphics are turned off, haven't use them. Graphics: FXAA: on mxaa: off, pop density all the way, pop variety all the way, distance scaling all the way. Everything else is maxed out. 

Shockingly enough your CPU may be falling behind some. The recommended CPU is the i5-3570, you're running a CPU that's a bit behind that.

i doubt that would be much of an issue as he has a i5-2320, which outperforms a FX-8350 (actually it beats the 9590 even) in single core performance. There are plenty of people running the game on an FX-8350 just fine, and the game uses only 4 cores afaik. 

He may have an issue with a video card driver (isnt the 970 prone to this?) or some background processes running that are eating a bit too much resources (causing interference)

"If a Lobster is a fish because it moves by jumping, then a kangaroo is a bird" - Admiral Paulo de Castro Moreira da Silva

"There is nothing more difficult than fixing something that isn't all the way broken yet." - Author Unknown

Spoiler

Intel Core i7-3960X @ 4.6 GHz - Asus P9X79WS/IPMI - 12GB DDR3-1600 quad-channel - EVGA GTX 1080ti SC - Fractal Design Define R5 - 500GB Crucial MX200 - NH-D15 - Logitech G710+ - Mionix Naos 7000 - Sennheiser PC350 w/Topping VX-1

So I've been playing some GTA and I have been getting very frustrated that it is not running as smoothly as benchmarks and port reports were showing. I have fooled around with the settings a bit and even knock down everything to normal and still have been getting major frame drops and stuttering issue. If anyone could help me find out what the issue is, I would greatly appericate it. A lot of others aren't seeming to have any issues running this game with the same card as mine.

This is my build:

PC Specs:

Cpu: i5-2320

Motherboard: Biostar TZ77B

Memory: Corsair XSM3 8Gb

GPU: NVIDIA EVGA Geforce GTX 970 Super Clocked

Case: Corsair 750d

Storage: 2TB Total, Western Digital Black/Blue

PSU: Corsair HX850 850w

Display: Samsung LED 23.5inch

Cooling: Cool Master Hyper 212 Plus

Keyboard/mouse: Corsair K70/m95

Headset: Corsair Vengeance 1500

I have the same exact card. I'm running everything on very high with 2x msaa and such. Your CPU is definitely the issue. My i5 4690k is always 85% plus usage with it's 4.2 OC.

The cpu may very well be the cause of the issues, which saddens me. I guess its time for another upgrade. Skylake needs to come! 

are you talking about random fps drops down to like 20's for no reason, because i experience this along with other people who have even better hardware than me and from what i have found its related to you lagging out from the server. and from my testing i have seen my internet usage drop during these times of random fps drops, and my friends are saying i'm rubberbanding like crazy.

I have lost connection a few times as well but I think that is just another problem that rockstar needs to fix. Nothing to do with my performance most of the time.

I have lost connection a few times as well but I think that is just another problem that rockstar needs to fix. Nothing to do with my performance most of the time.

ah well, this lagg out only happens once in a while (every 4 or so hours) for me anyways.

The projected VRAM usage is wrong on the options menu. Use MSI Afterburner to find out how much your using exactly. If it is below 3.5GB and you still get shit performance then there is something else wrong. Latest graphics drivers? Overheating card thermal throttling?

i7 6700K - ASUS Maximus VIII Ranger - Corsair H110i GT CPU Cooler - EVGA GTX 980 Ti ACX2.0+ SC+ - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz - Samsung 850 EVO 500GB - AX760i - Corsair 450D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor

i7 3770K - H110 Corsair CPU Cooler - ASUS P8Z77 V-PRO - GTX 980 Reference - 16GB HyperX Beast 1600MHz - Intel 240GB SSD - HX750i - Corsair 750D - XB270HU G-Sync Monitor