Rosewill fans

EthanTheFrogMan

Hello, I built a PC (parts in end of post), I have an NZXT S340, four Rosewill Case fans, and A MSI motherboard with two CPU fan Headers, and three System fan Headers, I connected two fans as exhaust  and two as intakes at the front, to introduce neutral air pressure. I connected my 4th rosewill fan to the CPU2 Fan header because I did not have a 4th system fan header, I also have a hyper 212 evo, with its stock fan. I turned up the speed of 212 stock fan, and tried to do the same with the rosewills, the rosewills ended up impulsively jumping in speed for no reason, sometimes going to twice there max speed of 1200RpM even though I had them set to around 1000 in MSI BIOS, I tried using my S340 stock fans to see of the header is the problem, nope, its the fans, so I contacted rosewill, and a CSR said that the fans are Case fans, so they are made to plug into the PSU, not the fan headers on the board even though they have both plugs. I said, that is not what I thought, then he said I should have all my fans as exhaust because that brings fresh air in, I explained the negative Vs. positive air pressure aspect to him, as seen on the LTT video, he said intakes are now obsolete, as they do not do much, and that I should plug the fans into my PSU not into my board because I should not be using the voltage of the board to power just case fans, and that those headers are for fan controllers. I have NO idea what to do, EVERY LTT video I have seen on this seems to suggest just what I expected, that case fans plug into the system fan headers, but now that I look at it, my fan issue seems to suggest voltage problems. thanks.

motherboard:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130775

Case fans:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835200073

Fan controllers use voltage to control the fans anyways. On board motherboard fan headers are doing the same thing. Intake fans are not obsolete - how are your components supposed to get air? Ultimately everything is cooled by air - including water coolers because the radiator needs the heat to be pulled away. Plugging your fans into your power supply will make them run at 100% constantly.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

ok, why are these fans jumping in speed and what is your advice for this situation? also, does my setup seem ok?

ok, why are these fans jumping in speed and what is your advice for this situation? also, does my setup seem ok?

looks fine, look in bios for a slient fan mode.

looks fine, look in bios for a slient fan mode.

ok, should I return the fans and get better quality ones? if so, I would like LED ones that also have good performance.

ok, should I return the fans and get better quality ones? if so, I would like LED ones that also have good performance.

dont waste the money unless temps or noise is bad. I really dont use alot od led fans.

You can get some less budget fan and led strip if you need to change the build.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.