Grand Theft Auto 5 PC - FPS Issue

OriginelVixon

Ok first things first, here are my important specs, i7 4790k, GTX 970, 8Gb system memory.

My issue is that my gpu usage is at about 40-60% when playing and when my fps drops so does my gpu usage. Most people are saying that they get very good fps on the gtx970, I get 30-40 fps with every thing as low as possible at 1080p. Video memory is not the issue, i have headroom i use 3gb out of the 3.5 according to afterburner, so why is my fps and gpu usage so low???

That can't be right, I get a solid 70-80 maxed out 

Try reinstalling drivers

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Ok first things first, here are my important specs, i7 4790k, GTX 970, 8Gb system memory.

My issue is that my gpu usage is at about 40-60% when playing and when my fps drops so does my gpu usage. Most people are saying that they get very good fps on the gtx970, I get 30-40 fps with every thing as low as possible at 1080p. Video memory is not the issue, i have headroom i use 3gb out of the 3.5 according to afterburner, so why is my fps and gpu usage so low???

Not sure but a lot of people are having issues with 970's and GTA 5.

Not sure but a lot of people are having issues with 970's and GTA 5.

Lol^

People have been having 970 issues with GTA. Patches are coming out soon, so I would say just wait? 

I haven't had issues with my 970

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Try reinstalling drivers

Ok will do, i will report back. any other suggestions are appreciated.

I haven't had issues with my 970

Yah some people aren't . But there's lots experiencing stuttering and fps drops with 970's. It may be caused by a memory leak but no one has a fix yet.

Why do the people the 900 get all the love?

Im stuck with my 780s and get shit all performance

Nvidia is to Dr Dre Beets as AMD is to KFC.

One makes you broke, the other you can get more of and have a midnight snack from the fridge when hungry again. Once you go Nvidia, you go broked, turn into an Elitist, or get the incorrect amount of VRAM.

- WCCFTECH

I was only 9 years old. I loved Fifflaren so much, I had all the NiP merchandise and matches pirated. I prayed to Fifflaren every night before bed. Thanking him for the life I have been given. Fifflaren is love I say. Fifflaren is life. My dad hears and calls me a fuckhead. I knew he was just jelly of my passion for Fifflaren. I called him a Sw@yer. He hits me and sends me to go to sleep. I'm crying now, and my face hurts. I lay in bed and it's really cold. A warmth is moving towards me. I feel someone touching me. I feel someone touching me. It's Fifflaren. I am so happy. He whispers in my ear; "this is my pyjama". He grabs me with his powerful Swedish hands and puts me on my hands and knees. I'm ready. I spread my ass cheeks for Fifflaren. He penetrates my butt-hole. It hurts so much but I do it for Fifflaren. I can feel my butt tearing as my eyes start to water. I push against his force. I want to please Fifflaren. He roars a viking roar as he fills my butt with his love. My dad walks in. Fifflaren looks straight into his eyes and says; "He is a ninja now". Fifflaren is love, Fifflaren is life 

Try reinstalling drivers

I reinstalled the drivers, nothing anyone else?

Yeah I get good solid 70-80+ fps on very high but sometimes I get little stuttering, I hope that they'll patch that thing soon.
It can get very annoying.

For the stuttering it helped a bit when I set the GTA V CPU priority to "high" on the task manager.

The 970 is really random in GTA V. I get less performance than JayzTwoCents got with a 960 with 4gb VRAM. You could try deleting your settings file which improved fps a bit for me. But I guess we just have to wait for a patch.

Mah Build:  CPU: Intel i7-7700K COOLING: NZXT Kraken X52 GPU: Asus Strix GTX 1080 MOBO: Asus Strix Z270F RAM: 16GB GSKILL TridentZ RGB 3000 

CASE: In Win 303 STORAGE: Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, Seagate 1TB  SSHD PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 750W

Are you using x360ce, it happened to limit my fps before.

What is a X360ce

I have 970's in 2 way sli running a 5760x1080 resolution and with most settings at high/very high but I still get fps drops in certain areas of the game. The worst fps drops I get are near grove street (as low as 30 fps) and in vinewood hills (around 45 fps) but everywhere else I get a solid 60 fps. I've also found that GTA online runs smoother in these areas than on the single player.

That's not right at all. My FX-6300 and 970 run this game better than that, and my friend with an i7-4770 and gtx 980 has tons of problems. This game has lots of issues that need to be fixed

Nude Fist 1: i5-4590-ASRock h97 Anniversary-16gb Samsung 1333mhz-MSI GTX 970-Corsair 300r-Seagate HDD(s)-EVGA SuperNOVA 750b2

Name comes from anagramed sticker for "TUF Inside" (A sticker that came with my original ASUS motherboard)