Spec-01

TheCaptain53

Hey guys,

I'm thinking of migrating my rig from its current case and power supply to a new case and couple it with a new power supply (don't worry about why).
I am running an FX-6300 and a Zotac GTX 960.

I have more or less decided on the EVGA SuperNova 650W G1 due to being high quality and high power efficiency, with the potential for some growing room in the future.
I thought I was sold on the Corsair Carbide Spec-01 when I saw it in the LTT value build log, but after doing my research, a lot of people seem to be giving it hate for it's lack of cable management and poor capability for water cooling.

Can anyone recommend me this case? Or can you guys recommend something of a similar price that's better?

Thanks!

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

Well its not bad but I would take the corsair 200r

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I doubt I'll ever be at a stage where the power of my PC would require the extra cooling capability of water cooling, but if I do, I'd probably invest in a larger case and a custom loop.

I was more thinking of chucking an AIO CPU cooler with a 240mm radiator in it if I were to upgrade to something like an i5-4690K.

Is water cooling impossible in the spec-01? Or is it just awkward?

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

CPU | i7-4790k | GPU | Nvidia GTX Titan X | Motherboard | MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition | Memory | 2x8GB Kingston HyperX Fury DDR3 1866MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 G2 | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + Toshiba 3TB | Case | Cooler Master MasterCase Pro 5 | CPU Cooler | Noctua NH-D15

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

CPU | i5-4690k | GPU | Zotac GTX 960 | Motherboard | ASRock Z97M-ITX/ac | Memory | 2x4GB G.Skill Ripjaws X DDR3 1600MHz | PSU | EVGA 650 GS | Storage | Crucial BX200 240GB + WD 1TB Blue 2.5" | Case | Silverstone Sugo SG13

If you want to join a group chat of like-minded techies, gaming, and all things dank, join our Discord group. Message me or get into contact with Galaxy. http://linustechtips.com/main/user/107351-gaiaxy/

It is possible but awkward. The 200R, or 100R (I don't know if it is released) would be good.

I would consider the 200R or 100R, but in terms of looks, they don't really do it for me (not to mention that they're slightly more expensive).

I can live with awkward AIO watercooling (which may or may not be happening, will probably get a CM Hyper 212 EVO for overclocking my AMD CPU) if the case looks fricken badass.

Incipere V5.0

Spoiler

Parvulus V1.0

Spoiler

I would consider the 200R or 100R, but in terms of looks, they don't really do it for me (not to mention that they're slightly more expensive).

I can live with awkward AIO watercooling (which may or may not be happening, will probably get a CM Hyper 212 EVO for overclocking my AMD CPU) if the case looks fricken badass.

Where are you shopping/located? Budget?

You need to quote a post or tag a member or else they won't get a notification you replied to them.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.