About to start playing LoL, any tips?

Go to solution Solved by Remilia,

Just remember that people who flames are idiots with a temper problem or simply getting overemotional. Also, the game censors swears by default, you can

turn it off in the client options.

Here's the best example in practice, different game, but point still stands:

About what champions you should play, find those you enjoy, don't go for champions simply because they're strong. When there's a new champion rotation, try making a custom game with bots and see if you're interested. Also try to get a champions for each role, you can't always get what you want.

Something that's very important is that if it didn't work out the first time, it's probably not going to work out the second one, or third,,,or fourth. Sometimes you just have to play super safe and there's nothing you can really do about it. If you want to really improve, it's not going to happen simply by playing tons of matches. For example when you have a bad match, look at what you could have done better, even if it's clearly someone else that lost you the game.

As for macros, there's not really anything to put macro's on. There's a thing called scripting, it will execute combos inhumanely fast and can dodge attacks automatically. They're illegal though and you're a total dick if you use them. I suppose you could put certain keys on the macro buttons for easy access.

So I'm about to finish downloading LoL (League of Legends) and I'm not sure on what champion I should use first.

Any other tips and tricks would also be appreciated. :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Don't be killed.

Kill others.

That's all from me.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

Mute all of the players. Don't talk, just use smart ping. MOBA communities are the worst.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

My friend got the game and he wasted two years of his life. Good luck!

I don't plan on playing it day in day out. I just want to see what it is like. :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

Mute all of the players. Don't talk, just use smart ping. MOBA communities are the worst.

Yeah, I've never even played a MOBA but just from reading various forum posts and stuff. They treat newbies as console peasants D:

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Might be the most infuriating game you will ever play.

i5 2400 | ASUS RTX 4090 TUF OC | Seasonic 1200W Prime Gold | WD Green 120gb | WD Blue 1tb | some ram | a random case

Yeah, I've never even played a MOBA but just from reading various forum posts and stuff. They treat newbies as console peasants D:

Even if you're not a noob they still talk trash to you. Good thing I always wipe them out of the map. xD

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

Might be the most infuriating game you will ever play.

Haha, no way..That's COD Ghosts and Advanced Warfare. :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Have fun learning. To be honest out of my LOL experience I never met a toxic player. I have met many in Dota. 

The time you enjoy wasting, is not wasted time. 

Start with Ashe, easiest champion.

On the other hand, don't start it... just don't

Even if you're not a noob they still talk trash to you. Good thing I always wipe them out of the map. xD

Yeah, sorta like the CS:GO community in my opinion. When I was just starting out I got voted out of the game 7 times on CASUAL playlist.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

Start with Ashe, easiest champion.

On the other hand, don't start it... just don't

I had a friend who only used Ashe, even at max level.

What's a good champion when I reach a higher level, like 5-10? (I'm not spending any real money)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I'm not sure how your mentality is with games, but try not to blame your team mates. If you lose a game, always think of it as your fault and what you could have done better, because at the end of the day, telling off a team mate is going to do absolutely nothing to increase your rank. Also if someone is talking trash just mute them (press tab and hit the little chat bubble).

In League, outside of the highest ranks, almost any champion works fine so just choose what you think is fun.

RIP in pepperonis m8s

dont play this game please, play a good game!

Could you recommend one to me?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I'm not sure how your mentality is with games, but try not to blame your team mates. If you lose a game, always think of it as your fault and what you could have done better, because at the end of the day, telling off a team mate is going to do absolutely nothing to increase your rank. Also if someone is talking trash just mute them (press tab and hit the little chat bubble).

In League, outside of the highest ranks, almost any champion works fine so just choose what you think is fun.

I never blame my team mates when I lose. Mainly because I never lose. :P

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

What's a good champion when I reach a higher level, like 5-10? (I'm not spending any real money)

Try Garen. :D

Spoiler

for me the best two are Miss Fortune and Jax.

But the majority of players like Lee Sin the most at high levels

for me the best two are Miss Fortune and Jax.

But the majority of players like Lee Sin the most at high levels

I see, as stupid as this sounds. Is Jax like the Jax from Mortal Kombat?

Try Garen. :D

Will do.

What about some Macros? as you can already tell by my signature, I'm using a Blackwidow 2014. Which has 5 macro keys. Are there any good ones?

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

All this LoL hate.....

@ people will rage at you at times. This is because no one ever remembers when they were "newbs". LoL has a pretty big learning curve. It takes awhile to learn not only how to play the game, but also how to play your champion effectively. My advice, play some bot games with your champion first, then go to normals to play against regular players.

Some game playing tips:

1. Always try to watch your map every 10 seconds. 

2. Try to see opportunities or trades you can make. If the enemy team is pushing for dragon and you know your team can't win in a 5v5, see if any towers are low, or if a lane is being push. Then trade the dragon for a tower.

3. Mute people who rage at you. That's what it's for. And don't let them get to you but once you play and get better at it, you'll realize why they raged at you. It is infuriating at times.

4. Wards.  :PYou can't react to a gank if you don't even know it's about to happen. And when it does, it's too late. Ward to get positions of the jungler and possibly mid roams.

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

I have not played the game (much) myself, but it seems like you need to practice a lot and put a lot of time in it.

Just don't be discouraged by losses, but that is in all games.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

I see, as stupid as this sounds. Is Jax like the Jax from Mortal Kombat?

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since I was very young so I don't remember, but Jax can jump on enemies and friendlies with his Q, hit people hard with his W, AoE stun with his E, and I believe his ultimate, R, gives defense bonuses/has a passive that allows you to hit harder every third hit. 

RIP in pepperonis m8s

I haven't played Mortal Kombat since I was very young so I don't remember, but Jax can jump on enemies and friendlies with his Q, hit people hard with his W, AoE stun with his E, and I believe his ultimate, R, gives defense bonuses/has a passive that allows you to hit harder every third hit. 

I see, I will look into him when the game finishes downloading. (33%)

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

I have not played the game (much) myself, but it seems like you need to practice a lot and put a lot of time in it.

Just don't be discouraged by losses, but that is in all games.

Whenever I play a game I have low doubts of enjoying/getting into, I always just laugh at losses and stupid deaths. And try and just see the funny side of everything. I do that with everything though.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build: