Completely confused on what to play next!

VenkiPhy6
Go to solution Solved by VenkiPhy6,

UPDATE:- 

So I went ahead and bought the games. Here is what I went with:

• Bioshock 1 & 2
  • Far cry 3
  • Tomb raider(Yep. Doing the download)
  • Entire Splinter cell series (I WILL EXPLAIN WHY)
  • Deus Ex: HR Director's Cut

I know I said I didn't want stealth games. But, a friend of mine convinced me so damn hard to get into stealth games and start with the SC series. He is my bestie and the cost of the entire collection was less than 20 USD and so I had to sacrifice going with the Batman Arkham series(which is comparatively costlier than the SC series). Hope I don't get disppointed by the move.  :(  But I will make it a point to buy the Batman Arkham series in the not so distant future.

Also the Deus Ex: HR.... Mankind divided trailer seems pretty good. I want to get into the series now and be prepared for that and so I went for it.

The other 3 games, I had already mentioned in the OP. 

Further, since my last update in the OP, I was (luckily) able to make some money and so I am buying all these games in one go! So yeah.... There is fun around the corner  ;) (provided the SC series is good  :mellow:  ).

THANKS A TON FOR ALL OF YOU, AGAIN. 

Cheers!

I have played games like Bioshock Infinite, Max payne 2,3 and Assassin's Creed: 1,2, Brotherhood, Revelations,3(all of which just blew my mind away except AC3) and now I am getting a bit bored because when I saw AC:Black flag's game play, it looks pretty similar to AC3. So now I wanna move on to some other game series. I thought I would continue with some FPS with a great story like Bioshock Infinte. But I see that, that kinda games are a rarity. So I searched for TPS games(like AC) but I only found several RPGs which is a genre I am not really a fan of because I can only play 7 days or so and I want a game that would end within that...not a large game with multiple endings!! 

So I am now in need of some help from you. These are my expectations. Would be great if you could suggest me a game that fits all of these:

• Wonderful graphics - Game must look 'bright' like Assassin's creed or Bioshock Infinite
  • Great story line - V.V.important
  • Not stealth, Not RPG, Not Zombie-apocalyptic, Not military like COD/BF, Not gangster games like GTA (I know I am such a fussy guy, but, I am only a very occasional gamer and I want a pleasant, memorable and mind blowing experience)
  • Fast paced, TPAction-Adventure/TPS/FPS
  • Must be within 20 USD
  • Story must be understandable. If you are going to suggest a game in the middle of a game series then its story must be independent of the other games in the series(like Bioshock Infinite)

Dunno if this is the right place to ask. But there goes. Hope you can help me in my confusing situation!

PS:- I had a look at Just Cause 2. Downloaded the demo but it plays in windowed mode only even when full screen is selected in the settings!! Had a look at tomb raider but it seems to be a 10GB download and DVDs are out of stock here. Would it be worth it?

UPDATE:- 

You guys are simply awesome! Thanks for all your help. I have now narrowed down the list now(in no particular order):

• Batman: Arkham Asylum & city
  • Bioshock 1 & 2
  • Far cry 3
  • Tomb raider(though this is a freaking 10GB download!)

I am pretty sure I will try all of these, but for now I will be going with Batman: Arkham Asylum & city

My build log(in progress): http://bit.ly/1CMaebR

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Far Cry 3 and Mafia II

Dust an Elysian Tail

Awesome story, gameplay, soundtrack, it is RPG/Action/2D Platformer with amazing animations and graphics, mindblowing story and memorable to the very end. 12-20h of gameplay depends if you want to find every little secret.

I know it may be not exactly what you are looking for but it sure is a hell of an awesome game that is must play in my opinion.

EDIT:

Tombraider is good choice.

Just Cause 2 is good but I would play it only in MP as the SP story line was prety meh in my opinion.

That is a tall order...

Have you played the original Bioshock and Bioshock 2? They were even better as far as storylines go (at least to me), but the graphics aren't quite as refined.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

That is a tall order..

I am sorry, but after playing the likes of AC and Bioshock..... and now to move on....I feel it to be a rough transition.... :mellow:   :(

Have you played the original Bioshock and Bioshock 2? They were even better as far as storylines go (at least to me), but the graphics aren't quite as refined.

Nope. But as you say the graphics might disappoint me...especially after playing their successor.

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Nope. But as you say the graphics might disappoint me...especially after playing their successor.

Oh it's not disappointing, it's just not as SFX heavy. Bioshock 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games... it was done so beautifully it's amazing.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Far cry (3 specifically) and Sleeping dogs

Sleeping dogs seems like a gangster game??! Far cry 3 ... interesting.....

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Oh it's not disappointing, it's just not as SFX heavy. Bioshock 1 and 2 were some of my favorite games... it was done so beautifully it's amazing.

Wow! I just looked at the DVD price and its so darn cheap! I can probably buy both 1 & 2! Will surely consider it...thanks!

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Wow! I just looked at the DVD price and its so darn cheap! I can probably buy both 1 & 2! Will surely consider it after looking it up...thanks!

EDIT:- sorry, for the double post!!

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

Jesus chirst. Following all the guidlines, I could probably recommend Far Cry: Blood Dragon

Sally: l Intel i5 4690k | | Corsair H55 | | Zalman z12 plus | | Hitachi 2TB HDD | | Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB | | ASRock Fatal1ty z97 Killer | | Corsair Vengeance 16 GB | | EVGA SuperNova 750 watt | | MSI 390 | | Windows 10| 

Batman Arkham series

Brothers: A Tale of Two Sons (you'll need a controller)

Mirror's Edge

That is a tall order...

Would you kindly?

Love cats and Linus. Check out linuscattips-fan-club. http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Z9QDVn and Asus ROG Swift. I love anime as well. Check out Heaven Society heaven-society. My own personal giveaway thread http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/387856-evga-geforce-gtx-970-giveaway-presented-by-grimneo/.

PS:- I had a look at Just Cause 2. Downloaded the demo but it plays in windowed mode only even when full screen is selected in the settings!! Had a look at tomb raider but it seems to be a 10GB download and DVDs are out of stock here. Would it be worth it?

my suggestions are:

1. Tomb Raider 

why? simple.. the answer is because it's AWESOME!

2. Alien isolation

this is one of the best survival game i've ever played

3. ACU

since u're playing AC series, i think it's a good game. i like it. i don't see the big problem that people were talking about. it runs quite smooth and yeaa.. u'll have some framedrops, but, not that much.

4. FarCry 4

to be honest, i've never liked FarCry series until this one. somehow they make this game different and really enjoyable. i'm still playing it now.

5. MGS

yea.. i know, the phantom pain isn't out yet. but maybe u can try the Ground Zero for warming up. FYI, I'm a big fan of MGS series, so u'll have some idea

Batman Arkham series

Seems a good one. Been a long time since I played hand to hand combat. But there are 5 PC releases in that series. Which ones would you recommend? Is the story also continuous or will I understand the story if I play something in mid-series?

EDIT:- Nevermind. I am considering Batman Arkham asylum and city.... I know I am sacrificing the 'brightness' here, but from the gameplays I have seen...seems worth it...

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

5. MGS

yea.. i know, the phantom pain isn't out yet. but maybe u can try the Ground Zero for warming up. FYI, I'm a big fan of MGS series, so u'll have some idea

The game seems to be only a couple of hours long?! In addition, Metal Gear is a HUGE series!! 

But I have a larger question to ask you - What makes you play stealth games? I played a couple of Hitman games(where things need not be strictly stealthy :P  ) and then I played Splinter cell conviction and after that completely lost interest in stealth games. Now, what makes a stealth game interesting for you? If you want anyone to enter into stealth games what would you say to convince them?

Cheers & Ciao!

Venki

The game seems to be only a couple of hours long?! In addition, Metal Gear is a HUGE series!!

But I have a larger question to ask you - What makes you play stealth games? I played a couple of Hitman games(where things need not be strictly stealthy :P ) and then I played Splinter cell conviction and after that completely lost interest in stealth games. Now, what makes a stealth game interesting for you? If you want anyone to enter into stealth games what would you say to convince them?

I dont play stealth games that much. MGS is not a stealth game, MGS is just MGS with it's own style. Nothing's like it.

Just my opinion..

Seems a good one. Been a long time since I played hand to hand combat. But there are 5 PC releases in that series. Which ones would you recommend? Is the story also continuous or will I understand the story if I play something in mid-series?

EDIT:- Nevermind. I am considering Batman Arkham asylum and city.... I know I am sacrificing the 'brightness' here, but from the gameplays I have seen...seems worth it...

I would start with the first one (Arkham Asylum) unless you really want open world then I would go with Arkham City, you're not going to be missing much story wise.

• Batman: Arkham Asylum & city
  • Bioshock 1 & 2
  • Far cry 3
  • Tomb raider(though this is a freaking 10GB download!)

I am pretty sure I will try all of these, but for now I will be going with Batman: Arkham Asylum & city

10GB is a lot for you? Wow. GTA V will be like 50 gigs...

(no shit please sitting here on fucking 1 MB/s)

CPU: AMD FX 8350 | GPU: AMD R9 270 Windforce | MOBO: ASRock 990FX Extreme 3 | RAM: Kingston HyperX 8GB | Case: X Predator X1 |CPU COOLER: Hyper T4

NAZIS WILL RISE.

Sleeping Dogs. Amazing game; plot is like straight out of a good movie.

Why not expand your horizons and try different types of games? Your taste may change..

Maybe Starcraft II, Diablo 3? If you don't like playing online and prefer to play by yourself those can also suffice via campaign etc.

i hate making new accounts